Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: GüteAndTite
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: January 18, 2024
blackbugjack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: rag top wind deflector Reply with quote

I have been waiting since march. I think that we should all get together and file a mail fraud case against him. I'm sorry that it has come to this but i think we have been taken. mail fraud = jail time All i want is my money back or the deflector.
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbugjack,

I'm down with that. I find it hard to believe that we're the only two that he has stolen from. I also want my 70$ or wind deflector. PM sent to you Jack.
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 12 days and no wind deflector. That's 22 weeks since I placed my order with Brett.
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost six months since i paid Brett for wind deflector.
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been over 7 months now and still no wind deflector. You guys that stood up for Brett and said he was a good guy, still believe that???
bugmandave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really my business but I contacted Brett in May of this year and he had been in the hospital for 3 months at that point with several very serious jaw surgeries and several infections causing them to have to redo surgery over and over.I haven't heard anything since then so I'm not sure he's even still around if you know what I mean. he had no reason to be making it up because it wasn't about a deal we had and also he sent me pictures of his surgery and it was real. Dave
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe that to be true.

BUT... during the time I have seen people posting complaints on here I would see him posting on Facebook so if he has time to mess around there, he has time to respond to emails.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett is still very much around. He posts on FB and instagram regularly. I hope I run into him at a show one day.
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this email from Brett 11/3/2013
Grant, I apoligize for what happened with our transaction in the past. I wanted to make things right. i apoligize for not getting a sunvisor wind deflector sent out to you. I had numerous health issues and was in and out of the hospital for surgeries, losing my house and having familly put everything into storage. I am starting to get my life back together. I hadnt been online much lately but was recently on thesamba and noticed the feedback I had from you and realized that you had been forgotten about. I was unable to log in to send you a message as my profile there was blocked from your feedback. I would like to use the website again and would appreciate a posting in my feedback as to me making this right after such a long time has passed. Im glad you posted the paypal transaction #24V66392GT8032235 in your feedback as i was able to call paypal and have them retrieve your email address and send you a paypal payment. You had send me 70.00 for the ragtop deflector well over a year ago. I just sent you back a 100.00 to this email address, youre money back plus 30.00 as this was not the best situation and there wasnt much I could do at the time, but I want you to be happy in the end. i really love my cars -they are one of my few passions, and I also love the vw community and I dont want anyone to be mad at me. Again , I apoligize about the situation and hope that everything resolves and you are happy. thank you. - Bret

Bret did refund me 100$
sgn2bapt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this email from Bret today 11/9/2013

Hello Grant,
Thank you for contacting Everett at the samba. I'm glad you got your refund okay and again I apoligize that you never received the ragtop deflectors and it took me so long to send a refund, but I hope in the end you are content and at peace with the added refund. Can you please post an update to my feedback reflecting things being made right. Thank you. Again I apoligize as to what happened. - Bret

In the end, Bret did make things right, it's up to you to decide if you want to do business with him. I personally have learned an important lesson to read sellers feedback before purchasing.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, I have unbanned this seller as he made good on the issue above.

If anyone else has an open issue with him, please contact him again and report here.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splithighroofbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Blaupunkt radio Reply with quote

smooth transaction... Fast response , fast shipping Very Happy
Will do business again... GREAT
Thanks Bertus Very Happy
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett Reply with quote

I have been waiting for three weeks for a tracking number on a long block, I have tried emailing him the last two weeks including today, Hopefully I hear from him soon.

IG Westyrestorations
FB WestyRestorations, parts and accessories

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett Reply with quote

Again still waiting for a tracking number, I have been trying to email him this week with no reply. If I ever get my 36hp long block I will never purchase from again.

IG Westyrestorations

1987 Syncro "Big Red", Full restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=606596

1978 Westy Camper, Full ground up restoration, restoration thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=593413
GüteAndTite
Early Convertible Güru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett Reply with quote

Smurfpike (Jason Smurthwaite). I have been communicating with you via email to let you know that after loading the engine into a storage container and into my car and to a greyhound shipping center 135lbs was OVER. He 100lb weight limit. So home it went to be broken down into 2 boxes to ship to you. I'm removing what I can and soaking bolts repeatedly to break it down without damaging any studs or parts. I will be on its way shortly in 2 boxes and you will surely receive 2 tracking #s when it's on it's way. You are already aware of this, but since you posted it publicly, I will reply publicily. I will be on its way to you before the weekend is over. Thank you for your business and I hope you can make good use of the engine in your project.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=462533
61-67 Delanair Air conditioning Thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=457944&highlight=air+conditioning

PUNCTUATION CHANGES THE WORLD: "I need to help my uncle, Jack, off a horse" is way better than, "I need to help my uncle jack off a horse"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett Reply with quote

I know this was what you had told me but is has been a few weeks since that conversation. When can I expect it to ship and get tracking numbers? I am not trying to be a pain but 3 months is a long time to still not have anything after sending money to you. I hope you can understand my frustration.

IG Westyrestorations

GüteAndTite
Early Convertible Güru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett Reply with quote

smurfpike wrote:
I know this was what you had told me but is has been a few weeks since that conversation. When can I expect it to ship and get tracking numbers? I am not trying to be a pain but 3 months is a long time to still not have anything after sending money to you. I hope you can understand my frustration.

Hi
Shipped the engine today in 2 boxes at a cost of 161.40 at greyhound. Please correct your comments in the samba thread. I would appreciate them being removed. I'm taking a loss of 86.40on shipping as and making no profit for the actual engine itself. You send me 150.00 via PayPal as 75 for engine and 75 shipping. If you are able, I would appreciate you sending me 85.40 via PayPal. Tracking for package express is :
GLI 3081423213
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=462533
61-67 Delanair Air conditioning Thread
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=457944&highlight=air+conditioning

PUNCTUATION CHANGES THE WORLD: "I need to help my uncle, Jack, off a horse" is way better than, "I need to help my uncle jack off a horse"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
smurfpike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: guteandtite - [email protected] - Brett Reply with quote

GüteAndTite wrote:
smurfpike wrote:

Hi
Shipped the engine today in 2 boxes at a cost of 161.40 at greyhound. Please correct your comments in the samba thread. I would appreciate them being removed. I'm taking a loss of 86.40on shipping as and making no profit for the actual engine itself. You send me 150.00 via PayPal as 75 for engine and 75 shipping. If you are able, I would appreciate you sending me 85.40 via PayPal. Tracking for package express is :
GLI 3081423213

Thank you for sending me a tracking number, I will wait on giving you more money for shipping until I have received the shipment since this has taken a few months.

IG Westyrestorations

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: