Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parting out the Squareback
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Parting out the Squareback Reply with quote

If you all remember, Gordon had an accident. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336905&highlight=

The decision at the time was that it was totaled. Gordan was thinking about parting it for another type three, if he got one. I came over, and took at look at it, and discussed things.

He contacted me last week, and I will go over in about two weeks to pay for it. I thought it best to handle things, to make it easier on him.

Here is the deal. I need some parts, but like not to have to haul everything home. I would also like some help, but do not have to have help. So, if you need something and do not want to pay, come out and help.

The engine is complete with J-tubes, bumpers, brand new interior, rear tail gate hinge cover with speakers, good dash pad; you name it, it most likely has it.

What will happen is in two weeks, I can pull parts. Cutting will not be until the summer, most likely.

Oh, and Jack, if you have not gotten your engine cover, that is still yours! Wink Laughing

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in the front and rear bumpers if they aren't too badly bent or rusted.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
I'd be interested in the front and rear bumpers if they aren't too badly bent or rusted.

Thank you Bob! Very Happy That will help out.

I can get pictures later. I have an offer, but might not go though because he wants them next week.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriel Rowley wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:

I can get pictures later. I have an offer, but might not go though because he wants them next week.

Adriel- do me a solid and pass the carbs and linkage on to Jack and I'll throw in a 68/69 Stock FI system and ECU for the engine-- the only thing it would need is a good harness. Reason being is I donated those carbs to Gordon to get him running with T3 stuff, and Jack then donated to me a set of carbs to get the fastback running, and so I'd like to get Jack back a pair of carbs. This way Jack gets something back for his generosity and the engine will go back to a stock set up.

Also, come summer time, I can probably come down and help with the actual cutting since I've done that before.
TOOB Member #3
I make D-jet FI connectors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMskater wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:

Adriel- do me a solid and pass the carbs and linkage on to Jack and I'll throw in a 68/69 Stock FI system and ECU for the engine-- the only thing it would need is a good harness. Reason being is I donated those carbs to Gordon to get him running with T3 stuff, and Jack then donated to me a set of carbs to get the fastback running, and so I'd like to get Jack back a pair of carbs. This way Jack gets something back for his generosity and the engine will go back to a stock set up.

Also, come summer time, I can probably come down and help with the actual cutting since I've done that before.

The engine does not have the port for the head temp sensor. I will however pull the carbs, and all the parts. I do not need the F.I., and do not need more parts: you know what I need! Wink Laughing I was going to sell the engine as is.

Would it not be funny if that was my old F.I. system?! Laughing Bet it is. I do not think the owner would ever want it.

Love to have help cutting, but do not know how much I will be doing. If anyone wants body parts, they better let me know. All I will be saving is the floor pans, heater channels, one pillar, and possibly the apron. The rest is sold off. If there is enough people, I will bring soda, and see about something else. Could turn into a bit of a party. Think

JSMskater
Samba Grease Gorilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriel Rowley wrote:
JSMskater wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:

The engine does not have the port for the head temp sensor. I will however pull the carbs, and all the parts. I do not need the F.I., and do not need more parts: you know what I need! Wink Laughing I was going to sell the engine as is.

Would it not be funny if that was my old F.I. system?! Laughing Bet it is. I do not think the owner would ever want it.

Love to have help cutting, but do not know how much I will be doing. If anyone wants body parts, they better let me know. All I will be saving is the floor pans, heater channels, one pillar, and possibly the apron. The rest is sold off. If there is enough people, I will bring soda, and see about something else. Could turn into a bit of a party. Think

hahaha I may have to join you for that party. I'll let you know when I'm back in town.
TOOB Member #3
I make D-jet FI connectors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gtixpress
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case it didn't come through on the Type 3 mailing list. I'm looking for a set of the fresh air vents (buckets) that are under the windshield cowl . My 69's have pretty much disintegrated. What do you think these would cost? And how about shipping to Illinois?

Of course, this depends on if the 68 and 69 used the same type vents. I think the changeover was in 67.

Thanks!
2018 VW Atlas SE VR6 4Motion
2019 VW Beetle S Final Edition Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMskater wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:
JSMskater wrote:
Adriel Rowley wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:

hahaha I may have to join you for that party. I'll let you know when I'm back in town.

Hey, that is the only reason I would have one! Wink Laughing You are mister nowhere man! Wink

gtixpress wrote:
Just in case it didn't come through on the Type 3 mailing list. I'm looking for a set of the fresh air vents (buckets) that are under the windshield cowl . My 69's have pretty much disintegrated. What do you think these would cost? And how about shipping to Illinois?

Of course, this depends on if the 68 and 69 used the same type vents. I think the changeover was in 67.

Thanks!

It came through. Now I have your zip code, so I can offer you a better quote. Check you mail. Wink

Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not received any money, but have offers for the passenger seat, right window regulator, all interior panels, front kick panels and speakers, and both bumpers. Thank you all for your interest! I am surprised that I got this many offers, and I have not made payment!

Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was trying to find pictures of the Squareback, and found a few. Might be helpful with knowing what is available, and in what condition. Someone was looking for a rear driver's side fender, and has spoken for it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Suck a dirty rotten shame! Mad Sad

eguti66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be intrested in the ignition switch and steering wheel, let me know

66 beetle
65 karmann ghia
58 beetle
58 convertible beetle
64 11w standard
68 Squareback
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eguti66 wrote:
i would be intrested in the ignition switch and steering wheel, let me know

Fine, please contact me. Thank you so very much! Very Happy

Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is becoming too much like a classified ad.
Anybody needs anything, just contact Adriel thorugh a PM.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: