Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best Way to Anger the Neighbors
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friedpotatoes
Addicted4life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Best Way to Anger the Neighbors Reply with quote

ptsinclaircomcast.net originally said... (11/8/2002 at 6:38AM PST)

I had just purchased a 56 Euro Sunroof Oval and was waiting for it to be transported from Washington State to Indianapolis. Since it was a non-running project that was multiple colors- the primary being surface-rust, well rust- it certainly looked pretty as the flatbed pulled up. I was at that time working at home 2 days a week, so until I got a space cleared in my garage to roll it into there it sat, in the drive. Well 2 days later i went into the office for my daily 8-hr grind. Upon returning home I noticed a very LARGE bright orange removal sticker plastered upon the drivers side door, put there by the men in blue. So, I called the number and spoke to the officer. He stated that one of my neighbors called in an abondoned vehicle report. Even thou- it was in MY driveway for only 2 days, here in Indianville, if it is not tagged or doesnt have and engine, it is classifed as an abondoned vehicle. So, I perceeded to tell the police that I just had it towed 1500 miles, and was going to push it into my gargage as soon as I could.........Oh and yeah- it did have an engine, it is in the back .........DUH!!!!!
I could only assume that our neighbors that were trying to sell their house called it in, since they were having an open-house every weekend. So, from that point on, until they moved I pushed it out fom the garage EVERY weekend, un-loaded ALL the parts from the interior- to the driveway and let it sit out all day; than come Sunday night, pushed it back. Isn't life great?
keifernethotmail.com said... (11/8/2002 at 9:45AM PST)

Turnabout is definatnly fair play....
Why couldn't they just coome over and talk to you about it instead of calling Johnny Law????

Well, how about dragging up about a dozen old supers and having a sawzall party, accompanied by the sounds of large hammers, air chisels, grinders and impact wrenches!
Good thing my neighbor by my shop is a bud who owns 2 Vw's too...!
Chris181 said... (11/8/2002 at 9:51AM PST)

Man that would really piss me off! You just spent a bunch of money to get that car to your house and some dick is going to get it towed away! I would have some serious words with the suspects!
timgudhotmail.com said... (11/8/2002 at 10:41AM PST)

Sounds like a bug with a stinger sans insert is in order in that neighborhood.Just for special occasions of course (like every saturday about the time someone arrives at the neighbors house),or maybe a quick bonzai run around the block a 2 am.,or at 8am if they drink alot.
hijodepato said... (11/8/2002 at 11:26AM PST)

i hate people like that!!! all they had to do was come to and say.." hey were trying to sell our house could you do us a favor and put that totally awsom car we wished we owned in the garage when we have open house, because some pricks might not like it" and o'll bet you would have said "sure neghbor, not a problem, i completly understand" instead they had to be dicks and got it even worse HA. well maybey some one will look at there house and want to move in because there is a fellow vw entusiest
lc
BUCOBTSTIaol.com said... (11/8/2002 at 1:19PM PST)

I had a similar encounter several years back. Me and my buddy bought a BEAUTIFUL '66 Sundial Camper that needed an engine rebuild. We parked it in my driveway for a week while the engine was out being rebuilt. During that time, a neighbor saw the the engine was missing and proceeded to call the cops. I had a notice left on the windshield stating this legal jargon that basically said if it wasn't made operable within 10 days it would be "towed...dismantled...and could never be returned to the road again" WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT??? I don't understand that logic at all. I understand towed away but ripped apart and banned from the road forever??? Anyway, we got the engine back in a few days later, called the cop so he could come see that it was running, driving, and registered, and he "closed the file". One week later we drove it to it's first show and took 2nd place in the Bus class. One month later we sold it for $7500. Now how unsightly do you think it could have been? I know who the neighbor is and I keep thinking about doing a "ding-dong ditch" with a burning bag of dog shit on his porch...
ptsinclaircomcast.net said... (11/8/2002 at 2:11PM PST)

LMAO......Funny thing is some guys kid up the street has a piece of crap camaro that is missing its front end, and is 3 colors but THAT is ok, Shit welcome to hickville..........I gotta move back to Washington, at least people there will have a yard-ful to appreciate. Oh yeah- if I drive less than 2 miles I can find a bunch of couches sitting on porches........
Wildman_6976852yahoo.com said... (11/8/2002 at 8:40PM PST)

Tell the neighbors to mind their own fuckin' business!!
Andrew said... (11/8/2002 at 9:07PM PST)

Man, I'm glad I'm on good terms with all my neighbors. My '67 13-window is sitting in my driveway on Jackstands with no transmission and an engine in the cargo area...

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
Adam Vegas JHC said... (11/9/2002 at 6:05AM PST)

Back in New York, I aquired a VERY RUSTY 67 that we ended up chopping up in the driveway of my house. we had about 13 people parked in front of my house, 5 cases of beer, 3 sawzalls, and one car to be chopped. the neighbor that always hasseld me came over and asked what I was doing, and I replied with a quick 'none of your business, get the hell off my propery or ill sawzall your legs off..'
he went home and called the cops and told them I was running a chop shop with stolen Vws, and to hurry up and get there because I was chopping one up right now. In broad daylight. Cops showed up, asked me what I was doing, and I said 'this car is rusty, and I gotta get rid of it!' Cop told me to wait an hour, he gets out of work, he will bring his plasma cutter over and help....
Neighbor was not happy. I blew up his front yard the next day. LOL

Adam Vegas
LVAC
JHC
Andrew said... (11/9/2002 at 9:12AM PST)

How'd you blow up his front yard?!?

Andrew
'58 Panel Bus
'60 European Beetle
'67 Deluxe Bus
Adam Vegas JHC said... (11/9/2002 at 10:14AM PST)

Well, i'ts simple, you take 5 gallons of gasoline, pour it all over the place, and go hide behind the bushes up the street and throw 10 or 15 m80's over there till it blows up. It actually does work, believe it or not. Also, one year after he pissed me off, I got pool chemicals (I worked for a pool cleaning company) and dumped some DRY acid on the lawn, in a big VW symbol. What that does is goes down into the dirt, then when it gets wet, it gets activated, goes DEEPER into the dirt, and kills everything. Then, it dosn't go away. EVER. Unless you physically dig out the acid dirt, gotta go down about 2 feet, and replace it with new soil. Grass STILL wont grow on his lawn....
keifernethotmail.com said... (11/9/2002 at 10:27AM PST)

Damn! I thought my road flare duct taped to a can of ether(starting fluid) trick was vicious! LOL!
Adam Vegas JHC said... (11/9/2002 at 11:25AM PST)

Don't mess with the pool guy, he can do things that would baffle you....
And also, don't mess with me when I am workin on my car in the driveway!
sundial camper said... (11/9/2002 at 6:22PM PST)

"Neighborhood Association" 1st time ever living in one and it sucks ass! I am buying a shop in the country, that comes with a house.
keifernethotmail.com said... (11/9/2002 at 6:58PM PST)

You got that right! Free country right? who the hell wants to live in a neighborhood where they tell you what color(s) (1 of 3!) you can paint your house or front door!
Among other things!!!!
Adam Vegas JHC said... (11/9/2002 at 8:47PM PST)

Wow you guys must be close to me in Vegas, with these 'ASSociations', you cant change your oil in your garage with the door closed without them bitching...
jeremysmithshaw.ca said... (11/9/2002 at 11:37PM PST)

Last Feb. I was on a week vacation so I could work on one of my vws in my parents heated garage, an hour away from my home. My wife was with me, but she went home to do something about four days later. When she parked in front of our apartment, she noticed an orange tag on the window of our other van, which hadn't moved since Oct.. She came in and called me, then went back outside just in time to see the officer arrive back on the scene to await the tow truck. You get three days and they'd tagged it the day after we left. She was able to get the towtruck called off, but we did get a $50 ticket for abandoning the vehicle, ya right, 30 feet from our front door! I drove in the next day, and we used a chain around a tree and a comealong to break it free from the ice, and put it around the back for a few weeks, then put it right back in the same spot when the other van came in from my parent's place. Jeremy
hijodepato said... (11/10/2002 at 1:20PM PST)

this cant be for real!!!! you people actually get cited for abondoning a vehicle whil it is parked infront of your house. fuck, i live in a colledge town and the abondoned vehicles around here stay for years, just on the streat. they just keep getting chalk on the whells and tickets under the wiper
i feel sorry for you guys
lc
ptsinclaircomcast.net said... (11/10/2002 at 5:35PM PST)

lol...........oh, actually it is pretty amusing. To bad my wife bought this house in her previous marriage- I certainly would be elsewhere- To make it more interesting- the neighbor on the other side insists on contributing her opinion in our matters. She actually piad for the property line to be re-surveyed while we were installing a small picket fence. One day- I had bought a maple tree to plant, and while I was doing some work- I had set it up near the property line. She came by and said- "your not gonna plant that there" I calmly said - no I dont think so. Soon she took off inside here house. I quickly proceeded to dig a hole as close to the property line as possible and stuck the tree into it. God its great to see her out there every year racking leaves.
hijodepato said... (11/10/2002 at 6:37PM PST)

haha, i hope you have a leaf blower and blow them all on to her side at 6:00 sunday mornings. LOL
lc
vw_rennsporthotmail.com said... (11/10/2002 at 9:09PM PST)

I had the engine out of my singlecab for 2 days and the following week I got a letter from the city telling me to move it or lose it. It wouldn't bother me so much except that its plated and in my DRIVEWAY! Same situation, neighbors were trying to sell their house and called the city. Needless to say, I take my time when performing the smallest mechanical work on it. I also recently purchased a avacado green '79 westy with 5 different shades of rust. neighbors love me now....
ptsinclaircomcast.net said... (11/11/2002 at 6:09AM PST)

Well..if i take as long on this panel as I do on the rest of the house im screwed, at least i can "store" things inside of it, what a great selling point that was for my wife. I also had to pull off a 56 oval body that I towed from Missourri at 1 am. LOL I wonder why they don't appreciate my hobby. Nothing like tying a rachet strap to the front beam and the other end to the back of our jeep, dropping the ramps and flooring it.Gotta love the sound of metal on metal- than WHOMP!! as the pan hits the concrete of the drive.
dreadsistahyahoo.com said... (11/11/2002 at 9:44AM PST)

haha thats a great story.
my boyfriend lives in a very nice neighborhood with lots of snotty, well-to-do's. they can't stand us for some reason. maybe its the rust/yellow 78 transporter sittin in the road in front of the house (which had to have tag and insurance to sit out there even though it temporarily doesn't run) or maybe it's the orange 72 campmobile in the yard that we are currently working on.
OR maybe it's my red/white/blue 69 campmobile that every mornin early as hell i crank up.........you be the judge.
ptsinclaircomcast.net said... (11/11/2002 at 6:42PM PST)

lol............you should hear all the talk around the office about my "nice" projects. Try working with a bunch architects and designers, whom drive bmws, saabs and audi's...gotta love the lowered panel that is rusted through sitting in the office parking lot............I LOVE MY VW!!!!!!!!lmao
unknown said... (11/20/2002 at 3:05PM PST)

you guys got it rough. for one I live in oregon and it seems no one gives a shit about anything around here. second my neighbors on either side are hardcore gearheads ones about 70 years old and regularly participates in drag racing the other has about sixteen various muscle cars sitting in his yard. the only way it would be better is if they were into VW's. oh, and my dads a body man, not danadian style. i just wanted to brag about my lovely situation, sorry
ronniechaseatt.net said... (11/20/2002 at 4:26PM PST)

I've had my share of complaints. Luckily My house has a 6ft chanlink fence with those ugly plastic slats all the way around it. keeps me legal, tags or no. My fater inlaw put it up when he owned the house because they hassled him about his cars too. The complaint that pissed me off the most was a guy down the street who had no less than 10 cars. Guess it was different because all his ran. Like you can drive 10 at once, they still just sit. Lots of ugly looks when I cut up a bus with my sawzall but no gripes, I think they where just happy to see them going.
74SuperDriver said... (12/2/2002 at 2:41PM PST)

Forget the neighbors, how about the landlandy? We had two cars down, and two running, and she wanted to crank up the rent because more people were living with us? I had to explain all about the blown tranny, and the sucked head gasket.
I have had to do it again, now that I have my '74SB project in the driveway!
splitty72yahoo.com said... (12/3/2002 at 6:44PM PST)

I remember when I bought my 66 Single Cab which was slightly rough and had no engine. Unfortunately, my landlord lived nextdoor while her house was getting redone. She hated VW's, and yet knew NOTHING about them. Finally she freaked on me one day, yelling at me to get that "butt ugly thing" outta her sight. I calmly explained it was a 1950 "Kombersmittel" (i made it up) and there were only 3 left in existance. She was amazed, and never bothered me again about that 1950 "Kombersmittel"...LOLOLOL!!!!
ptsinclaircomcast.net said... (12/3/2002 at 7:04PM PST)

lol...........dayum splitty i think i own the 2nd one in existance (at least thats what i tell my wife)
ekimthemadhotmail.com said... (1/11/2003 at 5:40PM PST)

When I had my 73 super parked at home we had similar problems. Actually we had it parked next to the house uncovered for several years. Then we moved it behind the house and covered it with a green tarp. Then we got a letter about it. You could not see it from the road at all. So we called the chief of police he drove by said make sure it is covered and you are ok. He also said whoever complained didn't have the balls to sign the letter they sent.

Eventually we got another letter. So we decided we would try to help the problem by pushing it to the front of the yard and putting a for sale sign on it. Thing was we put like 3000 dollars on about a 300 dollar car. They finally sent another letter saying that wouldn't work so we towed it to our powder coating shop. My bus sits here as well. Luckily our landlord likes VW's and doesn't care if we leave them out. We still have my brother's 73 squareback sittin out at home. It's plated though so they can't touch it even with the blue fender on the red car.

Also they can't just drag a car off your property without due process of law. They have to have a hearing first. If they drag one off without first hire a lawyer. A guy in the next town over from ours had about 5 cars pulled from his property and sued the city and won. I kinda have to wonder about the constitutionality of the laws about junk cars.

Mike Paskiet
59 single, 69 bus, 73 super
58Type2 said... (1/12/2003 at 6:45AM PST)

When I moved into the house I am now in, my roomies have told all their neighbors that we drive not so quiet vehicles and if they have a problem come and tell us if it is really that bad. So far, everyone just comes over and says howdy or smiles and looks. Have not heard a single complaint, though if people move in we give them forewarning as well, just in case. Plus, my roomy is friends with the coppers so I don't see any problems anyways. heh
FKNBRKN said... (1/12/2003 at 2:59PM PST)

....i kinda like the idea of a permanent emblem in my yard.....
odjennings said... (1/15/2003 at 7:32AM PST)

I'm pondering getting a car-tilter so I can turn a bus upside down in my driveway. That should piss the nieighbors off in ways they've never even thought about.

Easter Sunday morning seems like a good time to flip her over and do a little sandblasting in the driveway . . .
kosmicride said... (1/15/2003 at 4:51PM PST)

I just got into a new house with no back yard car storage access. I cut the back of my garage out and made a drive thru. The neighbors should love it! lol
o-bus said... (1/15/2003 at 9:22PM PST)

well here is my dilemma. once i get my bus back from the shop(the year 2010 perhaps)i will have to store the bus at my folks house in a 55+ retirement village. Wait til they feast their eyes and ears(if they can hear)on my ORANGE 65 21 window Bus!! I am sure it will be a hit. No decision has been made on what exhaust/muffler setup i am going with yet. Sure like that Fatboy though-HA!
ekimthemadhotmail.com said... (1/16/2003 at 8:03PM PST)

When we were having problems with my neighbors my dad and I talked about making a couple plywood cutouts in the shape of a bug and putting some 2x4's between them then throwing a tarp over it. We were going to put it out at night then take it down a day or two later. That way if they made a complaint when the zoning inspector shows up there is magically no car there. Eventually they would just quit paying attention to the complaints. Well that's the theory at least.

Mike Paskiet
59 single, 69 bus
phatbatmobileyahoo.com said... (1/20/2003 at 4:59PM PST)

I think my neighbors get made when I warm up my car in the morning, with my stinger blaring
kaferdaveaol.com said... (1/28/2003 at 10:24AM PST)

I had my '67 Deluxe towed from right in front of my house once. I came home from work, driving the Oval, and my Bus was GONE. I asked to elderly neighbor lady ( best security in the world, never goes anywhere and just looks out her window past the TV all day, and has a very good memory despite being elderly) I asked her WTF happened, and she said a tow truck working for the City took it, and yes, she had the license number, phone number, time they took it right to the minute, and all that. I called the City, and reported a stolen car, as I had a witness that would testify that the car had been moved in the last 12 hours, so it was illegal to tow it. It was running, registered, insured, legals as it could be, all of that. I gave them 1 hour before I called a lawyer the local newspaper and the TV stations. It was back in 1/2 hour. The dude that brought it back even said that after he hot-wired it,
( grrrrr) it was a great running Bus ( No sh*t, I had just done points, plugs, condenser, rotor, cap, wirtes, valve adjust, and oil change 24 hours before) After the stink I caused, and the misery I created for the City with the newspapers, TV reporters, and all, because they started to give me sh*t about the Bus being towed, I doubt that even a derelict shell of a burned out car will ever be towed from my street again....I still have the newspaper clipping of me standing by my '67 Deluxe Bus, with the title of the article being "Don't mess with my Volkswagen" LOL
j.pickensusa.net said... (1/28/2003 at 11:37AM PST)

Kaferdave,
Please link or scan and post that newspaper article. I would love to read it.
kaferdaveaol.com said... (1/29/2003 at 10:26AM PST)

I'll try to find it and scan it and e-mail it to you. I know it's out in the garage somewhere, but don't be surprised if the person in the newspaper article bears no resemblance to the way I look now- I looked just like the person a cop would see in a VW van and he would think he's gonna fill his monthly quota in one day, I kinda looked like the ZZ Top guys. I'll see if I can find it, but it might take a while. I couldn't believe that the City would tow my bus, all they had to do was run a make on the car and they would have seen that it was currently registered, belonged at that address, had no cobwebs under the tires or the rest of the car, and if they had really wanted to get close, they would have seen the valve covers and the oil drain plate were clean and the distributor cap, and plug wires were brand new. To me, it was simply a case of legalized, subsidized, auto theft, and that's exactly what I told anyone who would listen, including the newspaper. I think someone in the tow truck industry just wanted a semi-clean 1967 walk through Deluxe Hardtop Bus, with original Titian Red and Beige Gray paint, and thought they would "acquire" one the easy way, and nobody wopuld notice, or care. I probably should have sued the **** out of them, and worked on my retirement funds. That was, like, 14-15 years ago, and I have not seen a cop on our street ( except for when the neighbor croaked) or a tow truck, since. I think they know now, that a VW head lives there, and it's not wise to piss someone off who not only knows people at newspapers and TV stations, but works at a place that buys ink by the 55 gallon drum LOL
hijodepato said... (2/1/2003 at 11:20PM PST)

Surprised
hijodepato said... (2/1/2003 at 11:21PM PST)

dannyoregonsbest.com said... (2/13/2003 at 9:52PM PST)

Interesting comments with this forum. This past summer I purchased a complete1957 European cabriolet from The Samba. The car was on the east coast in New Hampshire. After purchasing the rare items off the automobile I decided to purchase the body....ie 'whole car'. To make a long and expensive story short the automobile arrived in a large crate that was sealed as it arrived by truck. After I started dismantelling the crate to view my 'find' I was astounded to realize what everyone means by the phrase "an east coast car". This vert was the biggest rust pile of crap I have ever seen in my life.....Believe me I have done complete ground up restorations before but this was in the catagory of a total "resurection. My rare jewel was put on my trailer and rought home. Sad as it was I spent two days lookling at my pile of rust as it sat in the driveway bothering no one. As was typical of previous posts I awoke one morning to see a large green sticker on the windshield stating this was an abandoned vehicle and I had 3 days top remedy the situation or be ticketed. Now my neighborhood is no million...hell or quartermillion houseing project. Like so many of it's a typical 'working class' situation. Nice middle income homes with children etc. The chicken sh.....police couldn't even ticket it during the day when I am out in the garage etc. They had to do it 2 am in the morning! I ended up completely disassembeling the vert and stored the parts in the back of my shop. I I wish these morons would have the balls to talk to us before they convince the police to do their dirty little deed. The police are busy enough without having to spend time with this kind of stuff. Anyway I hopefully can find a restorable 57 or earlier european vert body or better parts than what I have presently. I am restoring all of the pieces one at a time and storing them until I find the right body....Anyone know where some good sheet metal for a vert can be found??? Thanks for the time. Dan Eutsler
Aide64 said... (2/15/2003 at 4:44PM PST)

You guys obviously get it tough in america over here in blighty ive had me 78 bay parked on me drive for 2 years its so shite i cant be bothered cutting it up makes a good shed.!! but what does piss the locals off is me and me mate oiling up us tyres and doing burn outs in the middle of the street in our 64 kombi and 67 pickup !!! yeah baby
hamburgerbradaol.com said... (2/21/2003 at 0:25AM PST)

first, as a FORMER super beetle owner, i resent the note of a sawzall farty on a dozen old supers. secondly, the stinger'd bonzai charge through the neighborhood at 2 am, done it MANY times, the best things in life are free...
ThrasherBill said... (2/21/2003 at 1:25AM PST)

OK I know this is probably risky because I know that JK kid f'd up this site for us Canadians, but damn I feel sorry for all you guys with neighbor problems. I currently have a dead Ghia under a tarp, a dead GTI behind it, and my '57 rat bug project in the driveway. Everyday I'm out there, at least one of my neighbors stops by to say hi and see what I'm working on and sometimes offer help.

ThrasheR
jmulcahy394yahoo.com said... (5/30/2003 at 8:39AM PST)

Back in high school I had a baja that I absolutly loved. But being my first car I dogged it to hell and eventually it sat, not running for a few months until I could afford to get it back on the road.

One neighbor had issues with that car from the very first day I brought it home. "Its too loud, it leaks oil, its ugly" etc. Anyway while the car was sitting in the DRIVEWAY the tags ran out, the very next day I come outside and find a tow truck backed up to the very edge of the driveway, the bitch neighbor lady, and a 'senior' member of the homeowners association. The lady is absolutly flipping out on the tow truck guy, the tow truck guy is on the phone with the cops, and the HOA guy makes a bee line for me as soon as I walk out the door. He tells me that the car is an 'eyesore' and is legally considered abandonded because the tags were dead, by one day. I tell the HOA guy to go sexually assault himself and walk down to the tow truck. The neighbor bitch starts screaming at me about the 'piece of junk' in the driveway. I ignore her for the moment and ask the tow truck guy whats up as he seems to be the only one with a brain. He tells me that the HOA called and wanted the car towed to a junkyard, but he wasn't gonna touch it as it was on private property.

I suddenly understood why the neighbor bitch was so upset, she thought she could sneak the car out of the driveway at 6 a.m. and not have to deal with me

Anyway, cops show up and they talk to everyone and finally get the story straight. The best part of the whole situation is, once the cops made their decision they told the tow truck guy to leave, asked me to get the tags renewed that day, fine by me, and the bitch is still screaming about this and that. The HOA guy joins in saying its a violation or whatever. The cop calmly explains that had they actually take a private vehicle off of private property with out probable cause, the tow company and the HOA were open to huge lawsuits, which I most likely would have won

After that debacle I drifted away from vw's for a while, sold the baja and went to college. When I came back from college I brought with me a 74 SB I had been using as a daily driver and now gonna spend some time on it. You should have seen the look on that bitches face the first time she saw another vw in the driveway. Priceless.
ledzeppelinzoso5hotmail.com said... (7/8/2003 at 7:45PM PST)

i go to alot of parties, i work for a tech theatre group, and when ever we go we drive our 1960 cuation cone orange bug in the middle of their lawn. its great caouse people are like, hey who parked they're car on the lawn, and its a crapy car, don't make me call the cops, they never do, but its really funny
Friedpotatoes56aol.com said... (7/9/2003 at 1:04AM PST)

man im waiting to get my bus registered its just sitting in the driveway 3/4 primered with a shower car on it(biggest car cover i could find) no one has reported it they know i work on it . soon as i get my bro and friend ready we can register it .............................. looks like hell but got to love vws and the neibors know us we alwase have a car sitting out front vw or not
jaykingatt.net said... (7/16/2003 at 10:34PM PST)

I found the perfect bus for angering the neighbors http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.php?photo+200307161507542609 Park this in your driveway!!! If the wells weren't cut, I would buy it slam it and drive it to the beach and go surfin!!!! One of the cooler buses in the classifieds right now, don't you think??? Jay
Kommercial said... (7/17/2003 at 2:34AM PST)

Back when i was younger, I used to live in "Richville" which had a HOA of course. My ghia which was dumped so low to the ground it could rip the reflectors off the road when you changed lanes with the front beam. it was swingaxle so the rear tires had a crazy angle on them something fierce. I got a letter stating from the HOA stating to get rid of my nicely painted, currently tagged, daily driver, "abandoned vehicle". I called them and the lady tells me that "there is no way my car be a daily driver, the rear axle is broken in half, go look at the tires!" lol
Kommercial said... (7/17/2003 at 2:38AM PST)

Since i never learn from my mistakes, i had a new house built in a HOA. I had my 57sc with tilt parked behind the RV gate. you could see the big white/tan tilt sticking up over the fence. I got a letter recently stating that i needed to "remove the shed viewable from over the gate, or turn in a permit to get the shed approved" hahaha needless to say i just left it parked right in front of the gate the day they were supposed to drive by. Never heard another word.
sivart said... (7/17/2003 at 7:47PM PST)

I live on a dirt road out of sight from any neighbors but I still try to keep things fairly neat. I have six vehicles, 4 drivers and 2 future projects. My neighbors, filthy migrants (Michigan farm country) that live 1/2 mile away down the road past my house (thank god) have 14 cars in their yard. And only 2 of them run! And the sad part is that these cars are pieces of shit like Plymouth K-cars and Pontiac 6000's etc.etc. None of these cars are exchangable with the ones that run so they aren't even donor material. They don't even have a front yard any more. I guess that's one way of getting out of buying a lawnmower.
57bugman said... (7/21/2003 at 4:49PM PST)

where did my nieghbor post go?? gues i was to blunt about the prick, sorry everrett!! my nieghbor still blows. i get a pulse increase everytime i see the prick. i just want to go up to him and jack him in the throat. then take his golf club and beat him to a pulp with it. and for the finally I'll shove his face in my dogs crap. any body who got the chance to read my 1st post will understand.
hot59vwyahoo.com said... (7/23/2003 at 1:14PM PST)

how about starting up a 2156 stroker motor with an open stinger at 4:30 AM. That is on hell of a alarm clock.
gt1953 said... (7/24/2003 at 4:39PM PST)

Light there burned up brown grass on fire.
yedi14aol.com said... (8/1/2003 at 4:16PM PST)

My nieghbors are all right, but I think I crossed the line by doing a body off pan job in the alley, the welder I hired kinda made a lot of noise, I am still getting dirting looks for that. But they never did say anything about the Sawzall or the cold chisle and hammer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the best thread from stories! I laughed my ass off at the vw burned into the lawn with fertilizer!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chillz1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I much prefer the un-baffled stinger pointed at someones bedroom window at 3 AM . That outta teach them for playing that loud shit until 1AM Laughing Laughing
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwing your trash over the wall into thier backyard will do the trick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: