Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need custom oil lines for my Fram remote filter. HELP!
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor Frisbee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: I need custom oil lines for my Fram remote filter. HELP! Reply with quote

I need the parts to make my own custom lines or I need the name of some one who can make them for me.

I have a Fram filter I am remote mounting on the passenger firewall (Need room in the center for the Judson and on the left for the Marvel oiler!)

I got the hollow distributor bolt and oil presssure sender extension from one the 36hp core motors I have. I even have the banjo bolt, although it has a barbed fitting.

I would like factory looking or braided stainless lines. Can some one help please?! Either provide me a list of needed parts and a place to get them or a name of someone who can make them for me.

Also, It is my understanding the feed line is smaller than the return line as not to starve the bearings of oil. What sizes should these lines be? Is a restrictor pill used?

Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey 8^)

"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better" - Émile Coué de Châtaigneraie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas @ oldspeed makes them...may be able to help you out

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=640758
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search this "Vintage Speed" forum you'll find a few topics on this subject. This being one of them: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=326159
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: