Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

baseline screw settings for baby dells on a 1600dp
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augiedoggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: baseline screw settings for baby dells on a 1600dp Reply with quote

Guys, (and gals) hoping someone can give me some advise on getting my car running again....it was idling rough but otherwise running great so I took it to a guy that works for a vw dealership and he tinkered with the carb adjustment screws and now it runs terrible....I cant even drive it ..its popping and bucking....anyway I just bought new plugs and am goeing to attempt to get it running well enough to drive it to a good aircooled mechanic in the area (if I can find one)....
can anyone tell me where I should start as far as how many turns out for the adjustment screw....and eventually the carbs will have to be re synced to do this right? (and before you tell me to take it back to the guy he was trying to do me a favor and wasn't charging me....he only adjusted the screws to lean it out a bit and he said he only really adjusted the one carb? is that normal I though they would both need even adjustments if they were synced before? or is it the linkage adjustments that sync them? He also said it only idles off the one carb but I having a hard time understanding how? or is this done with the hose that connects the two carb manifolds?....or is he just wrong?
thanks for any advise...
1966 Bahama Blue Bug

1964 yellow bug (girlfriends ride)

Last edited by Augiedoggy on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Augiedoggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I got it home....turns out one of my plugs got fouled out and cleaning them wouldnt work....replaced them and set the screws to thre quarters of a turn out and its running much better....going to check the new plugs tomorrow and see where if its running lean or rich.
1966 Bahama Blue Bug

1964 yellow bug (girlfriends ride)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: