Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headrest Tubes
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drober23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Headrest Tubes Reply with quote

I can't seem to figure out how to remove these buggers. They are the black plastic inserts at the top of the front seat that accept the headrest.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Have any of you removed these? How did you do it? I am afraid I will destroy them trying to get them out (picture was from ratwell.com). Need to clean my seat covers (racoon was in the bus.... yuck!).

Not much on search. One poster said they could be rotated 1/4 turn then removed. No luck trying to rotate them.
evanwilliams4u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After removing the headrest I just put my finger inside the hole and pulled the plastic sleeve out. It did take some wiggling and I may have used a wide flathead screwdriver around the lip while I was pulling on it with my finger. There was no need to rotate mine as they are just held into place by the fact the hole is snug.

I would be cautious on using pliers or anything like that to pull them out as they appear to be a little delicate.

Good luck.
drober23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I thought I was about to trash them, so I figured I would ask.

I couldn't get them to wiggle at all, even with a flathead screwdriver under the lip. What eventually worked was to put the screwdriver inside the tube from the top, and pry the inside of the tube (harder than I would have liked).

Anyway, got all four of them out. Looks like they were secured in there with a little dab of glue.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: