Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Differences between Bosch and Triumph Adler ECU?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Differences between Bosch and Triumph Adler ECU? Reply with quote

So, I'm still having Open Loop issues with my GoWesty Hotwire AFM that we are working to resolve. No complaints yet with GW, they are actively working with me to get things right. One thing that came up was that it seems to play better with the Triumph Adler than the Bosch ECUs. They have offered to send me a Triumph ECU to experiment with and if it works, I'd send my Bosch back. Anything to be concerned with? Any real differences between the two? Thx!
Dogpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triumph, being of English origin, will naturally leak a pool of electricity every night and stain your garage floor.
08 Range Rover SC
08 VW Rabbit S
1951 O-1G
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kenwilfy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: ECU differences Reply with quote

I have been selling and installing both of these units in my van and customer's vans for the past 10 years. They will both plug right in and function the same. There are actually three versions of the 2.1l ECU that I know of. You have the early Bosch and TA units. Then there is a later Bosch unit that has a D on the end of the part number. This one has an eprom chip for the fuel map. A while back people were selling chips for these ECUs and they were sought after because the chip could easily be replaced. I have seen this last version in the 89-91 Vanagons the most. The other day I got a Gold colored Bosch unit in as a core. Not sure what that was about but it was a late model one and the plastic it was made of was gold. Kinda reminded me of the special edition Legend of Zelda game you could get for the original NES. So I don't know if that Gold one is the Bosch ECU special collector's edition? Very Happy Anyone else have one?
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com
856-327-4936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogpilot wrote:
The Triumph, being of English origin, will naturally leak a pool of electricity every night and stain your garage floor.

Good thing I dont have a garage! Very Happy

Probably only works on right hand drive vans too...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: