Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Bus on the scene
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VDubTech wrote:
Your windshield seal is missing the chrome molding....congrats on the engine and the new glass though!

I know. But the chrome molding is last on my list. I'm going to make this bus into a German/French look so the chrome will not be added.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoulda gotten the seal without the groove then.....Bus looks awesome man keep it up.
a measurement of your rod would be extremely useful.

notchboy wrote:
my dad wasnt a belittling cock when he tought me how to wrench on cars.

EverettB wrote:
One photo = good for reference.
10 photos = douchebaggery
Batan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VDubTech wrote:
Shoulda gotten the seal without the groove then.....Bus looks awesome man keep it up.

Ditto on both counts!

60vwnewengland wrote:
VDubTech wrote:
Your windshield seal is missing the chrome molding....congrats on the engine and the new glass though!

I know. But the chrome molding is last on my list. I'm going to make this bus into a German/French look so the chrome will not be added.

What's the French look? I love German look, on later aircooled in particular but have no clue what French look is.
Badzak Creative – Still and Motion Pictures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batan wrote:
VDubTech wrote:

Ditto on both counts!

60vwnewengland wrote:
VDubTech wrote:

What's the French look? I love German look, on later aircooled in particular but have no clue what French look is.

I grouped the two together.

I'm gunna black out all the chrome, everything including handles. Tint the 5 back windows. I'm going to lower it 2 inches in the front. Leave the paint and let it get a nice patina. I'm also putting white Bruins decals on the two rear windows after they get tinted. I can see it in my head, but it will still take a a year or two till I get there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder the seal (it's not a gasket) went in easy. The chrome trim spreads the slot enough to expand the seal. Take it out and get the trim or else the correct seal. BTW, there are two types of trim and two different seals with slots for the trim. They have to be correctly matched. WCM phone sales didn't know the difference and gave out the incorrect info a few months ago.

But your new windshield sure looks good. Wink
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertbusman wrote:
No wonder the seal (it's not a gasket) went in easy. The chrome trim spreads the slot enough to expand the seal. Take it out and get the trim or else the correct seal. BTW, there are two types of trim and two different seals with slots for the trim. They have to be correctly matched. WCM phone sales didn't know the difference and gave out the incorrect info a few months ago.

But your new windshield sure looks good. Wink

Joke's on you guys. That's a used piece of glass. A member here on the samba took it out of a parts bus he had.
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to cruise through lunenburg all the time when I was going to clark in worcester. I got talking to an old guy once at a gas station that had a really nice og paint looking bus. It's been about 15 years, but I think it was an early bay. It was a blue bus, and was wondering if you have ever seen it around. The old guy was kind of odd, probably sick of another kid coming up to see his bus which was just his van and probably had owned it long before it was 'cool.'
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiningstar76 wrote:
I used to cruise through lunenburg all the time when I was going to clark in worcester. I got talking to an old guy once at a gas station that had a really nice og paint looking bus. It's been about 15 years, but I think it was an early bay. It was a blue bus, and was wondering if you have ever seen it around. The old guy was kind of odd, probably sick of another kid coming up to see his bus which was just his van and probably had owned it long before it was 'cool.'

I live in a cottage next to Whalom Lake. Whalom Park is long gone, too bad. There a re a few Blue and White bays around. No blue and white early bays. But we have a scene here in the Lunenburg/Fitchburg area.
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father worked at sanders in Nashua in the early 80's and we used to go to Whalom park every year for the company picnic. I as well am sorry it is gone. I was at clark from 95-97 and the place looked pretty sad. It's too bad.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiningstar76 wrote:
My father worked at sanders in Nashua in the early 80's and we used to go to Whalom park every year for the company picnic. I as well am sorry it is gone. I was at clark from 95-97 and the place looked pretty sad. It's too bad.

It closed in 2000 and was in horrible shape for years before that. Six Flags was a big factor in it's closing because everyone wanted bigger and faster and pretty soon it caught up with Whalom. Very sad to see it close. I remember the day they tore the rollercoaster down too. They had to fence off the whole park because people were breaking in and stealing the wood! It's all bulldozed, re-lanecaped and U-G-L-Y condos now. They ONLY thing left is the pizza shack by the lake. Very sad. Sad

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whalom_Park?wasRedirected=true

They also closed, bulldozed and but even uglier condos then Whalom over at Tri-Town Drive-Ins. That place was awesome and had current movies playing right up till the end. I remember seeing Pirates of the Carribean 1-3 there. There's nothing but houses and a Walmart in Lunenburg now...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sorry to hi-jack. I'm doped up on meds and can't sleep....
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: