Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

South Philly Van Club
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: South Philly Van Club Reply with quote

hey volks! how u doin? we're from a part of philly called "the neck" or "the dumps" our hangout corner is 12th and federal. we're the new racket in town. it's the south philly van club! reinventing history in the making. our lifes are gooder now.

we made our first official appearance this weekend at the campbelltown show. i think things went well. we got some respect that we deserved on our first official outting. crackhead mike couldn't make it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

lotsa people like us. some people don't. some people ain't never heard of us.

here's summa our vans.

keep on vannin'!

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i especially like the pic of the Matt Cuddy sunroof bus with the "Cuts Dat Flo" sign in the background!!!!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Manny the Long Island rep?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat's or Geno's?

OCOD on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/61422168898/

MudRide Mudcasts:
http://mudrideradio.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWBeachBum wrote:
Pat's or Geno's?

both suck. you may as well eat a cheesesteak from a hotdog cart.

chickie's deli is where it's at. 11th and federal. they don't make cheesesteaks but you won't be grubbing overpriced bad food with drunks and tourists like at pat's & geno's. plus chickie's is one block closer to the south philly van clubs clubhouse. i swear you eat at chickie's once and they remember your name the next time you go there.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
VWBeachBum wrote:
Pat's or Geno's?

chickie's deli is where it's at. 11th and federal. they don't make cheesesteaks but you won't be grubbing overpriced bad food with drunks and tourists like at pat's & geno's. plus chickie's is one block closer to the south philly van clubs clubhouse. i swear you eat at chickie's once and they remember your name the next time you go there.

i don't think i've ever been to chickie's deli...when do you guys hang out on 12th and Federal? (week nights, weekends, time, date, etc)

check out Eve's Zeps in Norristown (near Kenrick), not too far from your place, i grew up on those zeps...there and Via Veneto's on Markley St. Lou's Zeps are pretty good too...

okay, now i'm hungry... Laughing

OCOD on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/61422168898/

MudRide Mudcasts:
http://mudrideradio.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
VWBeachBum wrote:
Pat's or Geno's?

Where did you take Roger and me when were there?

Your club looks heavy, and i'm feelin' those shirts. That artwork is tits!!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't remember. was it the middle eastern place? in south philly or out by my house? maybe "SHANK'S"?

i made up that art in a big hurry and only made 4. i'll get tony koch to print a load of them for trailbash '10 and they will be much more reasonable.

Quote:
Quote:
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
i can't remember. was it the middle eastern place? in south philly or out by my house? maybe "SHANK'S"?

i made up that art in a big hurry and only made 4. i'll get tony koch to print a load of them for trailbash '10 and they will be much more reasonable.

Maybe, it was near your place and pretty small.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whudja have?

Quote:
Quote:
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
whudja have?

Cheesesteak (NOT with velveeta) and a rootbeer. It may have been across the street from a park or a grass lot.... I think it was brown and white

I asked J.Dot where the Amish kid lived so I could find it on a map and forgot 5 minutes after he told me.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

54taterbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11th and Federal any where close to the Spectum .I'll be there sat for The Dead show. Dustan
mattcuddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, membership applications have been pouring in since this thread was posted. I've been flipping through them all day trying to see if anyone has what it takes.

11th and Federal is the spot, as much for its proximity to club HQ as it is as a constant memorial to SPVC member Crackhead Mike who was shot there in a drive by. (He wasn't the intended target, and thankfully is still alive to tell the story)

crofty wrote:

It may have been across the street from a park or a grass lot....

Dalessandro's? Its kind of out by the Hurst Castle and across from a Golf Course.

54taterbug wrote:
11th and Federal any where close to the Spectum .I'll be there sat for The Dead show. Dustan

Much like the Hell's Angels at Altamont, the South Philly Van Club will be running parking lot security at the show. Try to keep in line, or your set up will get the shakedown, just like the vendor in the background of the pic below. (we are more than willing to accept high tail light bus corners as payment).

uzi wrote:

obus wrote:
i especially like the pic of the Matt Cuddy sunroof bus with the "Cuts Dat Flo" sign in the background!!!!

Cuts Dat Flo is a long time friend of the Club. Support local business!
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

54taterbug wrote:

it's all relative. hit chickie's the follow the smell of patchouli right down broad st.

crofty, now that matt mentioned d'allesandro's, i'm thinking maybe it was chubbie's. that's where i take the outta towners. either there or mcnally's.

rumors were that HAVOC was worried that the SPVC was gonna take over running the campbelltown show because we showed up wearing their colors, a true sign of a "coup". the HAVOC club president even approached me and jDOT asking if everything was cool. i told him i wanted 2 double cheeseburgers and a large pepperoni pie and a couple big gulps.

Quote:
Quote:
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having attended the first So. Philly Van Club event, and looking at the photos, you can tell this is no lightweight organisation.
Those XL Teeshirts aren't gonna cut it.
XXL and XXL Tall, would be better.
Not complaining, just the facts.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard that not only is there a secret question for membership, there is also a weight requirement.

Quote:
Quote:
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
i heard that not only is there a secret question for membership, there is also a weight requirement.

Of course I have wood dash knobs to hold the cracked pepper for my party size Pep'roni pie!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, I have a few questions for you and your organization. First off, is your crew a branch or a Colonies Version of the Split Screen Van Club in the UK? REALLY?

Are those shirts prints off the original? Really. Also, you are all WRONG. Campos’ is the place for Phily Cheese steak Paninies. Try Ricky’s Cheesesteak from his shopping cart. Quite brilliant if I don’t mind saying. REALLY! I did my conservation at the Philadelphia Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, this is why I know off of this stuff. Geez, doesn’t my many years of experience count. REALLY!

I have a question for that Yank bloke with the wet kitten picture. Mate, you need to clarify if you are either talking about the Rodger Nang of the East Coast or the Roger Nang of the West Coast? Big difference Mate. REALLY!

One, more………….you guys got Pikey’s in your crew to make it official?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are somewhat like the splitscreen van club in that we are a family oriented organization. but we have a dark past. we actually are descendants of "the philly van club" circa 1981, REALLY!

Quote:
Quote:
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:

I have a question for that Yank bloke with the wet kitten picture. Mate, you need to clarify if you are either talking about the Rodger Nang of the East Coast or the Roger Nang of the West Coast? Big difference Mate. REALLY!

No, you're getting confused, Roger Nang lives in NorCal.
Here he is at BYOB in Aromas, CA three weeks ago (Brown shirt on Right):

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: