Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Concerned about weight of bumpers
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flameisley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Concerned about weight of bumpers Reply with quote

Hello! I'm considering buying thhe front bumper, back bumper, and spare tire swing from RMW for my '88 vanagon. My van has the original motor(rebuilt). Will this add too much weight for this van?
SSWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Concerned about weight of bumpers Reply with quote

The bumpers will be heavier than stock but I wouldn't worry about the weight. Two bumpers and the spare will probably weigh similar to carrying a light passenger. When you started adding heavy toys to the bumpers like motorcycles or scooters then it can get more problematic with stress on the mounting points and handling.
Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Concerned about weight of bumpers Reply with quote

Be cautious because the GVW can sneak up on you quickly. Weight especially at the ends of the vehicle can be felt when driving and can change the suspension dynamics.

As was stated above, don't worry about bumpers, just worry about all the stuff you can attach to them. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: