Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

anyone with a 1984 vanagon i need pictures
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpeekstok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: anyone with a 1984 vanagon i need pictures Reply with quote

i just rippesd the old motor out of my bus cleaned all the parts on it painted them and installed them onto a 2.1 built into a 1.9 crank case : ) !!! and then i put the new motor in and was very excited as was my friend that was helping me to start it! so we connected everything found a coolant leak that was actually coming from the cross over pipe into the water pump because the gasket didn't seat right in there correctly fixed that.... connected everything else and turned her over and no start..... screwed around with the distributor a little bit and made sure that was all set rght and then a freind asked the stupid question, "are you getting a spark?" well .... no! i have checked and checked all the wiring going into the ignition coil ... it got a spark before i pulled the old motor (and yes i disconnected everything electrical before doing anything to the motor)

so i was wonderig if anyone that has the same bus can go and take some close, detailed, high resolution pictures of all the wires that are going into thier ignition coil and where they run to as well as their distributor.... i do have wiring diagrams and the bently book but so far no luck ... so i kinda want to go this route and make a complete idiots quide with pop upo pictures and everything... lol

i have one wire connected into a harness that plugs onto two ends at the top of the coil and 3 wires that plug individually into the bottom of the ignition coil ... thank you all.... i am dying to start and drive this thing... and then onto the under coat and body work!!!
krusovice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted these photos of my totally stock 1984. The only wires that might be missing from yours are for the aftermarket cruise control. I hope this helps.

http://picasaweb.google.com/krusovice/1984VWVanagonGLFirstPhotos#

Oh, and someone will likely suggest a Bentley guide. That will have all that you are looking for.

Mark
jpeekstok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats going to be a nice project.... unfortunatly in all the motor photos the ignition coil had been covered.... what i almost need are pictures right in there with wires being pulled to show exactly where they go to (obviously not to damamge or be a pain in the butt, but just able to see which go where so i can compare with what i have wired up)

all of this remembering i have already read all the wiring diagrams ... the thing had a spark before pulling the motor ... so it must just be a dum mistake... but one that is making me pull my har and tow the thing from michigan to new york vs. driving it there :*( lol ..... help!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: