Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmann_65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

After a couple of weeks deciding where to make the cars' grand debut, I registered the Ghia to be present at a local classic vehicle show (not VW specific).

The day came and the sun thankfully shone Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

and collected a trophy for best 60's car of the show. Woo Hoo!!

The car behaved impeccably all day and got plenty of praise from the public
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

Gonna have to get used to winning trophies Brian. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

Very sharp looking. Well done.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Karmann_65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

15 years ago I made a promise to have the Ghia finished in time for my lads prom

Well, that day finally arrived and I'm pleased to say I made good on the promise. Was a bit chaotic dropping off outside the hotel entrance with parents and kids everywhere but I found my spot to park and photos were duly taken.

All went well except for a few dodgy gear changes on the way but I think they were out of earshot. Rolling Eyes Turns out that even after doing a full restoration, I'd neglected to change out the front and rear shift rod bushes.

Now that's done, shifting gears is a much more positive experience except for a grind/clunk when moving from 2nd to 3rd. I'll have another go at setting up the gear stick and lockout plate over the weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

Definitely the coolest Prom car Brian Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Karmann_65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

I've managed to get to five shows this year in the Ghia and it's been a real buzz to drive around. The comments I've had have been nothing but positive. The most asked question being about the colour followed by looks of confusion when I say it's "graugrόn". Think

A few pictures below from some of the events (with permission to use from the photographers)

Awarded best of show at Southport Classic and Speed. Presented by the Mayoress of Sefton

DaveB9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

You've got a permanent grin at the wheel of that car! And no wonder. It looks fantastic.
Karmann_65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NOOB Story. Got a 1 PO ’65 Coupe Reply with quote

DaveB9 wrote:
You've got a permanent grin at the wheel of that car! And no wonder. It looks fantastic.

Cheers Dave. I'm really not used to being centre of attention. Was shaking like a leaf during that last award. The Mayoress knew it but we got through despite the four paparazzi in our faces. 110 cars were on show and this caught me completely off guard.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: