Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiper Motor Re-assembly Help
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfretwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Wiper Motor Re-assembly Help Reply with quote

I disassembled my wiper motor to clean it up and replace the nylon bushing and the wiper shafts. In my stupidity, I did not take pictures or make any drawings on how the link arms go back together. I have tried several different arrangemenys but can not get it to work correctly.

Basically, the single pivot is on the left and the double pivot is on the right. This is looking at the back of the wiper assemble (drive motor arm side) with the wiper motor at the top. The link arm connecting the two wiper shafts has the “hump side facing up and the pointed end of the link arm points to the left

I can turn the wiper motor on but the link arms clunk against the wiper shaft or sometimes binds.

I have looked at pictures in my Bentley manual and at pictures on the Wolfsburg West and BFY Obsolete websites. They are not all the same or are hard to determine the correct arrangement and confusing.

This motor assembly is a 1967 12 volt stock wiper motor assembly. Being a ’67, there is probably something that is different from the other year wiper motor assemblies.

Any pictures or diagrams of the correct arrangement would be helpful.

[[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH NOOOOO......You didn't take the wiper motor apart? They can never be reassembled once they have been disassembled! Wink

I just couldn't resist being a smart az. Wish I could help you.
RIP Morgan

My photos
http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album92
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sfretwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Wiper Motor Re-assembly Help Reply with quote

I did not disasemble the motor itself. It works fine and I only cleaned up the exterior of it.

I did remove the motor from the assembly frame . The problem I am having is attaching the link arms to the wiper shaft pivot pins. I do not know the correct positioning of the link arms.

I tried to attach a picture but am having problems sizing the photo since it is dimensionally too big.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my properly assembled but uninstalled wiper assembly available to take a few pictures for you. I'll do that today and try to post them here this next week. What closeups do you need?
sfretwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Wiper Motor Re-assembly Help Reply with quote

I would like pictures of the backside or drivee side of the whole assembly.

The position of the three linking arms that connect to the pivots on the wiper shafts. The long arm that connects both awiper shafts has a hump in it. Which way does it face? The short arm between the drive motor arm and the double pivots has a bend in it. Is the bend at the motor end or the wiper shaft end?

Looking at the same or back side of the wiper/motor assembly with the wiper shafts at the bootom and the motor at the top, is the wiper shaft with the single pivot on the right (passenger) or left (drivers) side.
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you wait to see pictures posted, take a look and make sure that you don't have your wiper shafts in backwards.....might cause the assembly to bind. Bad bushings on the actuator arms will also make it bind.
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures. Hope these are of use to you.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: