Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Plumbing question
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
outdoornate65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Plumbing question Reply with quote

Happy Saturday Dudes/Dudettes,

I was installing new water lines in my 1984 camper today and ran across something a bit odd.

While making the connection to the faucet, I noticed the line to the "city water" hook-up was disconnected and a bronze cap was screwed onto the faucet where the waterline would usually connect. The blue/green waterline to the city-water hook-up was still in place but not connected to the faucet end. I recently installed a new set of GW hook-up boxes and did not even think to look under the sink.

I believe it is the stock faucet....brown with two position knob on top. I planned to replace it at some point....thinking it might be sooner than later.

So has anyone else run across this....or an I missing a common problem/fix with the stock faucet? Scary to think what would have happened if I'd hooked a hose up to the city-water connection not realizing the other end was disconnected.....yikes!!

Also, will a new faucet (Sure-flo) be a direct connect like the old faucet, ie: line from tank and line from city-water?

Thanks for your thoughts...

Nate
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...city+water
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I deleted the city water hookup and put a brass cap on the factory water faucet to seal it. This sounds like what you have. I found we just did not use the city water hookup for a few reasons. I did modify the city water port to remove heat from the fridge. Our van was on it's second factory faucet and was getting intermittent and leaking out the top. I have since replaced it with the shurflow mentioned above. I got it from GW mainly because they had the adapter plate. It actually works much nicer than the OE one. We fill our tank every few days. We don't really run it full, but in the yellow. No sense in carrying even more weight.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: