Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any reviews on Suspension Parts from Cip1?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Any reviews on Suspension Parts from Cip1? Reply with quote

I did a lot of reading on all the parts from different vendors for the front suspension. It seems prices and quality vary a lot. Cip1 seems to be about half the price for bushings, ball joints, and tie rod ends. Has anyone oredered any of these parts from them and is the quality any good? They don't list the brands. Any experiences would be helpful. Thanks.

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=vanagon+control+arm&Search1=Search

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=vanagon+ball&Search1=Search

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=vanagon+rubber+mount&Search1=Search

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=vanagon+tie+rod+ends
RCB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that its important to find out where the parts were made.
I hear the Chinese CV joints and the boots are pretty much junk.

Have you checked the usual sites for replacement parts??
Places like Bus Depot and Auto Hause Arizona carry the German made parts and I would be inclined to stick with that import over the Chinese stuff and no I have nothing against China or Chinese people.

Thats just my opinion Very Happy
Christopher Schimke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The suspension parts that I bought from them 3-4 or so years ago were Meyle brand. These parts only lasted about 1-2 years before the upper control arm bushings were destroyed and the lower ball joints had play in them. I will do everything in my power to avoid the Meyle brand in the future.

I also purchased rear drums from CIP1 that arrived in two boxes, one plain outer box that was in pefect condition and one inner box that was thrashed beyond belief. Both of the drums were inside the inner box and were chipped and oval shaped. When I called CIP1 about it, they told me to call UPS. When they were told that the outer box was in perfect shape but the inner box was severely damaged, they claimed that they don't ship out parts like that and that UPS must have damaged them. How the inner box could get destroyed without hurting the outer box, I'm not sure! After fighting for months over the issue, I finally got a refund. Not really the kind of business I want to spend my money with.

*Custom wheel hardware for Audi/VW, Porsche and Mercedes wheels - Urethane Suspension Bushings*
T3Technique.com or contact me at [email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: