Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Terry Kay - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Terry Kay
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 20, 2017
Shane6 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
First, it's a little late to complain now.

Everett, I really do regret waiting so long to post, but with all do respect, as you can tell by his response it is completely relevant to how he conducts business today.

He would change nothing about how he handled that situation two and a half years ago.
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane6 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
First, it's a little late to complain now.

Everett, I really do regret waiting so long to post, but with all do respect, as you can tell by his response it is completely relevant to how he conducts business today.

He would change nothing about how he handled that situation two and a half years ago.

no offense intended to Everett(please don't ban me... Laughing ) but I didn't see your post as complaining at all, but more of a warning on what happened to you and that you've come to find out it wasn't an isolated case... a FYI, if you will....
Shane6 wrote:

Why did it take me so long to post this? I really thought it was small stuff, but as I travel around the US camping and VWing there seems to be a reoccuring theme revolving around poor customer service and Terry. Hopefully this will allow people to make a more educated decision regarding purchasing from him.

GEX has. Just sayin
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big deal, maybe complain was a bad word to use.

I was curious if you had a photo of the other side of the box because of this:
Quote:
The box looked like it had nitro explode it wide open. I could have welded a steel box around that valve and it would have been gone. The PO didn't do anybody a favor on this deal. It looked like they played football with it--and Shane mentioned that.

The box doesn't look that damaged to me. It just looks like one side popped open. I've received boxes much worse than that with the contents still intact.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dirtsandwich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I've received boxes much worse than that with the contents still intact.

I bet they were taped shut. Laughing
Shane6 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
No big deal, maybe complain was a bad word to use.

I was curious if you had a photo of the other side of the box because of this:
Quote:
The box looked like it had nitro explode it wide open. I could have welded a steel box around that valve and it would have been gone. The PO didn't do anybody a favor on this deal. It looked like they played football with it--and Shane mentioned that.

The box doesn't look that damaged to me. It just looks like one side popped open. I've received boxes much worse than that with the contents still intact.

I didn't take a picture of the other side because I thought the photo was clear that the end just pushed open. (the stamped area stating received unsealed kind of attests to this.) Really the box was in quite good condition and I'm sure the valve was in good condition too, just sitting on the floor in the corner of the PO or bottom of a mail crate or something.

Clearly, I didn't mention anything about the Post Office playing football with the package.

Last edited by Shane6 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mack8743
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow new to all this but thats one I don,t think I,ll be dealing with
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would'nt buy anything from TK. He will not stand behind his products at all. Read through this thread if you have any doubts. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259979&highlight=muffler
TK backed out of this deal in the end and did not replace the muffler, despite agreeing to do so on the list. Just the other day I recieved a defective part from another well known vendor. When I called them they did not even ask what the nature of the defect was, sent out another part right away and a return slip for the defective one. Some people just don't get it.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: 86-91 Vanagon Stainless Coolant Pipes! Price: $395.00 Reply with quote

My experience related to one piece full length “86-91 Vanagon Stainless Coolant Pipes!:” sold by TK ( http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=158498 )

1. Pipes arrived quickly within a couple of days of payment on Nov. 26, 2009.
2. Not being able to install the lines due to fit issue I sent an e-mail to seller on 12.17.2009 stating so.
3. Per seller’s communication on 12.18.2009 I compared his pipes to original and e-mailed him the picture (see attached) on 12.19.2009 asking what to do next.
4. In the next two weeks I sent several more e-mails/PMs as I have not received any response.
5. Finally on 01.04.2010 I have received less than professional e-mail from the seller stating that the pipes are damaged due to shipping company and to file a claim.
6. At seller’s request I filed a claim with the shipper, even though the pipes do not have any visible non-manufacturing bents. The claim was turned down as it passed due date.
7. After few more communications with the seller he offered to “straighten” the pipes, if I cover shipping costs.
8. I will not spend extra $200 USD (shipping costs) to have these coolant lines fit right, therefore I am currently in the process of seeking a full refund.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomasz,

I'm was waiting for this from you here, and I can't believe you wanted to open this can of worms.

When you ordered the one piece pipes I warned you about the getting damaged in shipment because of their length.
You knew better--I didn't

You had 21 days to inspect / install those pipes.
You didn't.

I didn't even know that Fed-Ex had a 21 day limit on their insurance coverage-obviously you didn't either.

You didn't even have the paper work to file a claim--I had to send you that information so you could find out you were very late in contacting Fed-Ex.

Funny thing--the other folks who's one piece/ full length pipes have gotten damaged in shipment in the last 10 years, have contacted me in a prudent manner , and have been able to return the damaged pipes--on the shipper--no cost to them without any probems.

They acted upon the damaged items in a proper manner and got it all taken care of by the shipper.

I also CALLED Fed-Ex, explained the situation, told them that they didn't have to honor the whole declaired amount,just get me the pipes, I'll straighten them out, and they could return them--and this would have been OK--a done deal--
and they were happy with that.

Until they looked at the shipped date.

" No I'm sorry Terry, your customer had 21 days to file a claim on this and he didn't"
"Fed-Ex will ony accept claims for damage for 21 days, this is now outa our hands"

OK--now what?

Because Tomasz took his sweet time to get the pipes inspected / installed, and then found out they were tweaked, allowing the declaired value insurance coverage to be null and void, I'm suposed to cover him taking a nap?

I've told him from the get go to get me the pipes.
I'll be more than happy to get them squared away.

But because of his grand plan, he got this all gommed up, and now wants me to cover the shipping back & forth because he chose to procratinate on this.

I manufacture the pipes, shipped them in a prudent manner, filled the paper work out in the proper way, so if they did get lost or damaged the pipes would be covered, and he decides to take his sweet time in getting them installed/ or at least inspected.

He didn't even have the common sence to compare the pipes to the ones that came outa the Van to see where they were bent when they wouldn't go into the Van properly--I had to tell him how to do that.

Maybe I should have flown down with the pipes & installed them too--the full meal deal.

This deal/ complaint is caused by nothing more than this guy taking his sweet time getting the job done at his leasure, and now he's whinning that to get the job done
he's gonna have to pay for the shipping.

This is my fault?

Folks, I have manufactured & shipped thousands of these pipes, and have had a few--(only the long sets) damaged, and have been able to accomodate any damage problems without any complaints from customer's.

They get them shipped back by the shipper, I repair them, ship them back on the shipper's tab--no problem.

Tomasz took his sweet time and demands that I am reponsable for
his procrastination.

I'll be more than happy to take care of this--no sweat, I can do it in my sleep, but there will be no way in hell that I'm going to cover the freight because he chose to take his time on this.

One more point of issue here.
Tomasz "HAD" to have them pipes in one piece--even though I warned him twice that they have a real good chance of getting bent or twisted in shipment because of the length.

NOPE--he had to have them that way.

Fed-Ex only will only ship them via Express---not ground , not inexpensive at all.
UPS won't even talk to me about shipping the long pipes--forget it.

There is no way I'm going to eat the shiiping because Tomasz decided to take his time and allowed his insurace coverage to expire.

I am cannot hold the customer's hand and make him follow up on his reponsiblities.

I'll work with the guy, will get the pipes straight, but he's going to have to get them to me.

I didn't truck or fly them to him myself, all's I did was
manufacture and deliver them to the shipper in a prudent manner.

Shane--you have the nerve to be even opening your mouth on this--

You were too "Frugal" ( putting it real nice & calm) to even pop for the insurance.
Had you done that you wouldn't even be here whinning like a 2 year old, 3 years after the fact.

Last edited by Terry Kay on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<I would'nt buy anything from TK. He will not stand behind his products at all. Read through this thread if you have any doubts. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259979&highlight=muffler
TK backed out of this deal in the end and did not replace the muffler,>>>

Your right, and I wouldn't buy anything from him either.

Especially when your the guy that beat & bar the muffler in the saddles to get it installed---with the help of two other guys.

You got a bunch of energy there--but obviously not enough to pick up the telephone to make a simple phone call prior to shoe horning the product in.

You caused the problems by negating to make a common sence phone call.
Quick, simple, and painless.

You exasperated this specific problem.
Any other parts dealer would want the allegid damaged, faulty parts returned first, not after the fact.

I think your afraid to return it first because you destroyed it in installation --which would immediatly void any fitment problem warrantee.
This is pretty obvious--I still don't have it back---

If you had taken the time to return the muffler instead of trying to figure how to mash it in there square hole ,and it wasn't all gaffed up , I would have sent you anothr muffler.

It's not here yet.

I don't know of any parts distributor, local or distant that replaces anything without first getting a returned, defective item.

Furthermore, I don't know of any retail place of business that will do what you wanted to do.

Try returning anything without returning the allegid faulty item first--anywhere.

I wouldn't buy anything from anybody that refuses to give me free parts,A 100% warrantee forever & free shipping both ways either.

Absolutly Preposterous.
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Kay wrote:
<<<I would'nt buy anything from TK. He will not stand behind his products at all. Read through this thread if you have any doubts. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259979&highlight=muffler
TK backed out of this deal in the end and did not replace the muffler,>>>

Furthermore, I don't know any retail place of business that will do what you wanted to do.

Try returning anything without returning the allegid faulty item first--anywhere.

THat's where your wrong. I got a defective part the other day from EMPI. Quick phone call and they sent out a replacement right away. No charges, no attitude, just "we'll get you a replacement rght away".
I expect and get the same service from Volks Cafe and sveral other vendors. The other day I got a new body control modual for a mercedes from my local dealer. It did not properly control the gas gauge. A call the parts manager and a new control unit was ordered. When it came the total was 0.00. They told me to call them when the defective part was available for pickup. I get this kind of service from worldpac, IMC, PPI, the list goes on and on. That's just good business. I've done the same for my customers when I used to sell conversion parts. Anyone with any problem with my parts I sent out a replamewnt right away. Guess what? you don't see a thread on me here about how I don't stand behind my parts.

THe reason you have not recieved the oversized muffler is that we're done dealing with you. It's obvious that you wll find any possible excuse not to stand behind your product. After agreeing to replace the muffler you recanted your word and decided not to. It's not worth it to us to change the muffler twice and pay shipping to fix it.

The above poster is right. You just don't get it. Sometime when your in business you just have to "step up to the plate". Your obviously not willing to do this and your reputation will reflect that.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<THat's where your wrong. I got a defective part the other day from EMPI. Quick phone call and they sent out a replacement right away.>>

I guess you read my whole post.

I got no call from anyone.
you waited till your customer got back from his vacation and started blowing smoke in my ear.

That's called in my neighborhood passing the buck.

Good for you .

<< No charges, no attitude, just "we'll get you a replacement rght away". >>

I never got that opportunity from you.
You allowed your customer to blow smoke.

Another excellent decision on your part.

Go to NAPA, or any auto parts store, Sears, Macy's, Wal Mart, Midas or any other retail merchant of any name or description

Take your new VW to VW and ask for a no qustions asked or examined warrantee.
See how that goes.
Try that on for size & get back to me.

I don't know you from Adam, nor your customer.

Just because you own & work on a VW's gives you that right to no questions asked service?
I'm sorry, but here in the real world for a return you need approval first.

Prior to getting anything warranteed first the item must be returned.

I stand behind what I sell.
And have done so when the purchaser has followed real simple, printed in block type, published instructions.

So far neither you or your customer has mangaged do get ahold of that concept, or been able to follow the thought..

I like how you operate.
You own a VW and work on them , and this translates to you getting red carpet,no questions asked, parts & warrantee service?
What does that mean anyway?

Yea--And I'm President Regan.
Like I said--I don't have a clue who you are, and the VW ownership thing doesn't hold an ounce of water with me.

I still haven't seen the allegid defective muffler.
Must be a top priority.

I've worked on Macks for at least 35 years.

Guy I've never met, seen or heard from has his rolled over Truck towed to my shop.
I write an estimate, he agree's to the price, I do the work.
Trucks done , 8 weeks later and with a bonus bill.

Because I work on Macks, his truck is a Mack, he assumes that ( there's that word assume again) all of a sudden he has carte Blanche' credit--he can leave with the truck and pay me later.

What?

Get outa here--and now you can bring me cash--& the truck will sit until you do so.

This all reminds me about this assumed thing.

Assume nothing.

Printed on the wall of Mack Truck Chicago parts department;

"This is profit making organization, This is the way we intended it, this is the way it's going to be"

And this is the way it is here,

In God I trust, all other's pay cash.

"No returns will be accepted without prior approval."
No warrantee's will be accepted without the item first being returned for approval"

It is written, so it shall be.

And you can be Jesus tonight if you want--it won't change the documented policy.

I still am waiting for that phone call from the mechanic who's having problems installing a muffler too--

Funny thing you can call EMPI, but I guess long distance here is a bit too rich.

Sorry.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Kay wrote:
Tomasz,
When you ordered the one piece pipes I warned you about the getting damaged,in shipment because of their length.

This was never mentioned in any of our commuincation prior to last Monday. Perhaps it's time to update your ad stating so.
Terry Kay wrote:

I manufacture the pipes, shipped them in a prudent manner, filled the paper work out in the proper way, so if they did get lost or damaged the pipes would be covered, and he decides to take his sweet time in getting them installed/ or at least inspected.

Please do not make assumptions. Pipes were inspected when they arrived and as previously noted numerous times they do not have any visible non-manufacturing bents.

Terry Kay wrote:

Tomasz "HAD" to have them pipes in one piece--even though I warned him twice that they have a real good chance of getting bent or twisted in shipment because of the length. NOPE--he had to have them that way.

Again, this was never mentioned in any of our communication prior to last Monday.
Please refrain from fabricating comments/words that were never used in our communication and provide written backing without embellishments (e-mails/PM).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<Please do not make assumptions. Pipes were inspected when they arrived and as previously noted numerous times they do not have any visible non-manufacturing bents.>>

It's really not an assumption, it's stone cold fact Tomasz.

Fed Ex wouldn't return the pipes for you, or me for one real simple reason.

You were on your own clock, and allowed the declaired value insuance coverage to lapse.

What do you wanna call that?

Being Johhny on the spot?
Ricky Rocket?
Banzi Billy?

<<Again, this was never mentioned in any of our communication prior to last Monday.
Please refrain from fabricating comments/words that were never used in our communication>>

Allow me to refresh our memory.
I asked/told you at least 3 times in a typed conversation (1) If you wanted them in two pieces.
(2) It would be a wiser move to get them in two pieces because of the shipping rate (3) It would be a better deal for you to buy them in a split configuration becaue it would cheaper to get to you, and I have had one piece pipes damaged in the past because of their length.
And---If your going to get them in one piece, the Express shipping usually is a better deal, because the less time the shipper has them in their possession,the less chance of them screwing them up---

I know--you forgot.

Been down this PITA road with the long pipes a few tijmes.
And I have warned evey one of the guys that purchased them--right up front as I did you.

Just let me ask you this real stupid question.

What in the hell did I have to gain to ask Fed-Ex to please destroy your pipes?
Ask them to leverage a real heavy load on that plane off of one end?
I actually asked them to wack them real good with a fork lift on the way off of the plane--yea--that's what I did.

What--are you outa your mind?

I need this like I need a AK-47 to the side of my head--

All's I want you to do is get the pipes back to me and I'll get them squared away.

Real simple, real easy.

Last edited by Terry Kay on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

Again, please refrain from fabricating comments/words that were never used in our communication and provide written backing without embellishments (e-mails/PM).

Terry Kay wrote:
When you ordered the one piece pipes I warned you about the getting damaged,in shipment because of their length.

Tomasz "HAD" to have them pipes in one piece--even though I warned him twice that they have a real good chance of getting bent or twisted in shipment because of the length.

If what you are stating is a fact please paste the e-mails prior to December. If you wish I can do that for you and others to see what exactly was communicated. Let me know.

Stating that the lines were damaged during the shipping is nothing more than an assumption on your part.

The lines do not have any signs of visible damage you are talking about. The lines are hand made and correct me if I am wrong not verified by making them fit onto the vehicle as a set. So is it not possible that they simple were not fabricated correctly?
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common' Tom.

You really didn't ask me that question--again.

BUT--as long as you did---
I have a set of every Vanagon pipes ever made by VW on a rack--

When the pipes are done--and prior to wrapping them up, they get laid
next to it's corresponding original pipe to be absolutely positive that
they start & end exactly as they should.

That would be a real dumb move on my part not to --wouldn't it?
I check every pipe prior to shipment, to avoid installtion problems & folks complaining they can't get their pipes in the Van.

Plus--the plastic pipes you have hard clamped together SHOULD NOT be used as a comparison as they are pictured on the garage floor.

And I'm not saying the stainless pipes are not bent--they are, I can see it a mile away.

However, as I've mentioned before, the plastic pipes should be in a relaxed state prior to comparing them with anything--you have them pulled together tighter than they are under the Van.

That would be more correct prior to trying to match them up with anything.

For some wild reason I really am beginning to believe you honestly think I shipped them bent pipes to you on purpose.

For Why?

Quit screwing around and get the pipes back here ASAP so In can straighten them out.

Last edited by Terry Kay on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomasz, how dare you suggest anything that Terry made is not perfect! Dont you realize that he is incapable of any errors? Here is all the attitude about the XL size muffler he made http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2...p;start=40

I'm sure that we will see lot's more rambling posts from Terry about how we are crazy idiots with unrealistic expectations but the real pattern that's obvious to all who have followed this is that if you buy something from Terry and there are any issues he will use any possibe excuse not to step up to he plate and make it right. That's the bottom line.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have told you a few times--I'm still waiting for that phone call or the muffler--whichever comes first.
Oh-and BTW--who beat that muffler ino that saddle prior to any communication?

No mistakes?
Huh--
Must be the VW God perhaps.

And I'm telling Mr. Tomasz the same thing--get the pipes here and I'll fix them.

Or did you miss that a couple of times?

Have a Beautiful Evening.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI--

I'm standing here at home plate waiting for sombody to throw the ball.

Problem seems to be you can't quite toss it that far.
Shane6 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the pitch came when your customers ordered your product.

Unfortunately it seems from the above threads you hit a foul ball.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: