Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksurf20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA Reply with quote

Does anyone know how Top Line Parts is? As far as...Service? Parts? Etc.?
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've know John the owner for 15 years.. Very nice guy and honest.. Very capable of anything VW.. He has helped me out of some situations when needed..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TimB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a super beetle they are the place to go.
ksurf20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for da feedback!

"Do what you love, love what you do!"
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opensunroof wrote:
If you have a super beetle they are the place to go.

I would give Topline & John allot more credit than just superbeetles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what Lenny said.
Very knowledgeable, been into VWs for about 1,000 years, honest, reliable, trustworthy, etc etc. He primarily does the Super Beetle thing now, but that certainly doesn't mean he isn't fully capable of doing other things, to other VWs

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
MikeR@
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that I own the guys from Topline Parts my feedback. Although this happened a year ago, we worked together excellent, inspite of the distance; after successfull communication and a 3 month wait, the parts arrived in my possesion unharmed; this year I hope to start my SB project (a slight delay due to wonderful things happening in the mean time - my first new born girl child, job more and more demanding and in the process of building a new place to stay - a house with a BIG garage of course! Smile ) and to adapt disks thanks to the caliper bracket and to install the strut bar (such a racy look)

Many thanks Topline!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
mighty-manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we re-did the front end on the wifes drag car (74 super) Topline was outstanding A+++ they are my go to place for anything Super Beetle related.
OCFatMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've know John since my first ghia as a teenager (over 25yrs ago) He is not limited to superbeetles. He is possibly one of the few remaining original gurus out there (one of G Berg's biggest competitors in my humble opinion back in the day). He has an extensive knowledge base and knows what's going to work or not. He built my first motor a 1641 back in 1980 and recently a 1914 for my vert ghia. Theres a lot of people in our vw culture that talk like they know it all but can't back it up John just happens to be one of the few that can back it up. He's a busy guy at the shop so if you need something call him and see how the schedule looks. By the way that 1641 is still running strong (lets see if I remember... 87 cimas, 86 webcam, 69 crank, p/p og 041's, 2lb lt.flywheel 8doweled, and dual 40 kads) peace everyone.
Tetzman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought anything from them yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
mcknight77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/296047.jpg

Very Happy I'm a very satisfied Topline customer. John lowered my wife's 73SB two inches all around. Installed front disk brakes. Installed American Eagle Porsche 2L knockoffs and new tires. And, sorted out several other issues with the car. The car drives smooth, handles great, and looks heaps better.

Jim
knee-dragger777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to share with you a wonderful experience I had with John/Jon ( I do not want to embarass by misspelling his name) at Topline. I have 71 super that is in dire need of suspension components. I live on the other side of the US in the deep south east.

I had first learned of Topline from the superbeetlesonly forum, and had heard wonderful things about him, and his suspension products. I had visited his website, and done a little research.

It first needed CV joints, so I scoured the internet looking for good German parts(hard to find complete axles these days). Once I got over the shock of paying for those, I got enough money to buy all the rear suspension stuff(new urothane) from Topline. It is best to call him on the phone, and talk/order. Most of the great, older, knowledgeable mechanics I know just are not compatable with net/email on a regular basis(sorry if i offended anyone), but that has been my experience.

John, patiently took my order, and informed me that the rear spring plate urothane bushings were on back order, and would take about a week to get in. I told him no hurry, just send everything(springplate, and bump stop bushings) together. In about a week my credit card showed the amount he indicated, and about 4 days later my parts arrived.

Only one problem, John included the packing slips and it was accurate, only instead of the bump stops I had ordered, there was A-Arm urothane bushings in my box.

I called John, and told him that the packing slip was accurate, but that I did not order the a-Arm bushings, but still needed the bump stops. John, replied no problem sorry for the mix up, I will get the bumpstops to you right away, no charge. I asked John if he wanted me to return the A-Arm bushings. He said no--Keep them, it was on him.

I said are you sure? 'cause I'll use them, but I will be glad to send them back. He said, no it was his mistake, and just keep them.

In this process, I was talking to John about the hunt I had for German CV's, he said, "oh, I got some, but I have to order them". We struck up a conversation of what my issues were with my rear suspension, and he gave me some great tips about how I could get away with not having to need the special spring plate compression tool. What I did not realize is that he carries tons of other parts he does not advertise.

Nevertheless, I promised him my next big order regardless of what it is, and he has earned by loyalty. I am saving my money for his front end kit. "I gotta get my front as tight as my rear" now.

John, Thanks again!!
bushaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't been to Topline yet, I just found out that a very good mechanic that has worked on my bus now works for Jon at Topline. Charlie, formerly of Wolfsburg Motorsports in Stanton, has now moved to Topline. Charlie is a very honest, trustworthy, and talented guy, so its nice to see him team up with someone who also has a great reputation such as Jon.

hitest wrote:
Even if completed, the abarth's gonna belch spluey all over your Eriba.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Perfect pedal from topline Reply with quote

I got my perfect pedal from TOPLINE.Very well made and looks its made to last. Very Happy Better than the EMPI,BUGPACK pedals available. I can't wait to install it in my Beetle once its back on the road.
Check out topline website for more info on the perfect pedal

02/76 Beetle sedan
bikelash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my adjustable struts from John at Topline. Talked to him on the phone when I ordered, he gave some great advice and shipped them promptly. Everything installed and very satisfied with the product and the customer service. Great company to do business with!

64 baja sold
72 sb wrecked
69 baja sold
69 std sold
72 sb sold
54 std sold
74 sb-ongoing
88 westy-ongoing
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA Reply with quote

Installing their front end kit on a 73 Super right now. LOVE IT!!!!! I am taking my time and the whole job will take maybe 5 hours max......
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA Reply with quote

Ordered a Front end rebuild kit for my 71' super.

Also some Sport Springs.

Jon shipped it out same day, and everything was packaged very well.

Really impressed, great guy, fantastic to talk to on the phone.

Will do business with again.

A+++

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a recent experience I had with Jon at Topline.

Back in march, 2018 I purchased a Vintage Speed Sport exhaust from their shop in person, after hearing it run on Jon's car that was parked in the shop ( Very Happy ) I had to have one. I recently removed the engine to tear it down, and found some cracks around the driver's side tailpipe. I reached out to Vintage Speed, and haven't yet heard a response. I didn't any longer have the paper receipt, but did have the date and transaction amount and reached out to Topline to see if they could locate the receipt to assist in sending the info for warranty replacement. At this time they still had limited stock of Vintage Speed products, but were no longer an active dealer.

Jon took the time to attempt to locate the receipt, but couldn't. He did, however, offer to send me a replacement exhaust for the cost of shipping! He went above and beyond, and has absolutely floored me with continued customer support. They have a customer in me for life.

I have ordered from them a half a dozen times or so, but this was my largest single-ticket item to date. I am super pleased that they were able to help me.

Highly recommended!

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA Reply with quote

Let's see...Super front end parts...Who to call? LOL...We do a LOT of Supers. At least 2 so far this year.. And probably will do a couple more. Have no idea how may kits I have bought from Top line... Jon is great. Never any complaints. Good prices, fast shipping and he knows his shit.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Top Line Parts in Anaheim, CA Reply with quote

Very pleased, fast shipping, friendly service and quality part.
Power Pedal

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: