Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

54 seat frame color
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmilliganclark2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

I have a 54 deluxe and am going to paint it iceland green. What would be the color for the seat frames, ebrake, shifter and steering column? What other interior pieces should be painted that same color?
El Guero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been told light beige.
mmilliganclark2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texasbrown54 wrote:
Ive been told light beige.

So the interior pieces should be light beige for all exterior colors in 1954? I thought some exterior colors had black interior pieces???
cvallone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

mmilliganclark2 wrote:
I have a 54 deluxe and am going to paint it iceland green. What would be the color for the seat frames, ebrake, shifter and steering column? What other interior pieces should be painted that same color?

I hear all different colors on these forums from light beige, Ivory, cream white, etc. I used "Almond" by Rustoleum, looks pretty damn good. You can get them from Home Depot.

cv
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

I discovered on my OG interior, Savanna beigh is so very close..and I have shit load of beighs/ tans

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

From "The Car of the Century"

L75 Light Beige on Deluxe Models (Black on standards)
Steering Column
Gear Lever
hand brake lever

L567 Ivory on Deluxe Models (Black on Standard)
Steering Wheel
Turn signal case
Horn button case

041 Black on all
Gear lever boot
hand brake boot

011 Ivory Plastic on Deluxe - Same as L567 ivory paint
shift and heat knob
Window crank knob
all escutcheons
all dash knobs
rear ashtray knob
hand brake button

Seat Frames and luggage bars - no color given.

Split Beetle dash pods are often repainted with Rustoleum Gloss Almond spray can paint which matches the OG pods nearly 100% per pod restorers and i myself compared it to an OG deluxe pod. I cannot find the factory dash L code color listed for the deluxe pods, but its probably the Ivory since the dash knobs, window knobs and escutcheos are that color so Almond would be closest match for those items.

I have an Iceland Green 54 with OG painted interior bits, and I would say the seat frames are light beige same as the steering column and gear lever, as its not the exact same and is a tad darker in tone than the steering wheel (Ivory). that said, the colors are so close when i redo mine, Im going to use the Rustoleum Gloss Almond paint color for all of the bits and call it good.
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West says it is supposed to be L275 based on their spray paint descriptions.
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
I discovered on my OG interior, Savanna beigh is so very close..and I have shit load of beighs/ tans

Agree 100%. L620/L10N Savannah Beige is a near perfect match for 1953-55 deluxes. I used it to repaint my horn button and touch up the e-brake handle and shift lever on my '54. It is too dark for '56-'60 and way too light for pre-Zwitters.
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

Whenever there is a posting about the "correct" paint color I'm reminded of an old friend that ran a Sherwin Williams store. People were always wanting that perfect off white color and shades of whites were the most chips the company showed. After hours of trying to decide, he would reach under the counter and pull out a sheet of stop sign red and hold it next to any of the customer's off white samples. They all looked "white". Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

janerick3 wrote:
aa390392 wrote:

Agree 100%. L620/L10N Savannah Beige is a near perfect match for 1953-55 deluxes. I used it to repaint my horn button and touch up the e-brake handle and shift lever on my '54. It is too dark for '56-'60 and way too light for pre-Zwitters.

Thank you…

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

FritzCP wrote:
From "The Car of the Century"

L75 Light Beige on Deluxe Models (Black on standards)
Steering Column
Gear Lever
hand brake lever

L567 Ivory on Deluxe Models (Black on Standard)
Steering Wheel
Turn signal case
Horn button case

041 Black on all
Gear lever boot
hand brake boot

011 Ivory Plastic on Deluxe - Same as L567 ivory paint
shift and heat knob
Window crank knob
all escutcheons
all dash knobs
rear ashtray knob
hand brake button

Seat Frames and luggage bars - no color given.

Split Beetle dash pods are often repainted with Rustoleum Gloss Almond spray can paint which matches the OG pods nearly 100% per pod restorers and i myself compared it to an OG deluxe pod. I cannot find the factory dash L code color listed for the deluxe pods, but its probably the Ivory since the dash knobs, window knobs and escutcheos are that color so Almond would be closest match for those items.

I have an Iceland Green 54 with OG painted interior bits, and I would say the seat frames are light beige same as the steering column and gear lever, as its not the exact same and is a tad darker in tone than the steering wheel (Ivory). that said, the colors are so close when i redo mine, Im going to use the Rustoleum Gloss Almond paint color for all of the bits and call it good.

X2
11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 54 seat frame color Reply with quote

“Light beige” …… covers a lot of beiges. Included “ savanna beige”. Which I found to be perfect match…which Temple paint provides..
Thomas Wink

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: