Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Treffen - September 13, 2009
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
john7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: VW Treffen - September 13, 2009 Reply with quote

I just got a letter from Rich kimball about the VW Treffin for pre registration.
Its $100 to enter your car, Oh and it has to be bone stock. Ya you get your numbered dash plaque thingy, a t shirt and a sticker.

a hundred bucks to enter your car in a tiny show for a few hours? On a parking lot/grassy field in the middle of anaheim CA? in this economy?
At least have it somewhere cool.

i guess i wont rush to finish the car i am specifically trying to finish to take to this show. cause it doesnt have chrome 356 wheels (the only wheel you can have that arent stock, probably because his car has them and has to be able to bring his own car to his show)and for once its not lowered unlike the rest of my early cars.

I think ill stick to Solvang if im going to a stock show. At least its in a Cool place and great cars and and awesome event.

well theres 13 people along with me that were planning to go to this show that will now be RSVP ing Not Coming. thats $200 just in admission fees that will be lost. 5 of us were gonna enter cars. and last time i brought 2 cars. at the fees of the last treffin thats almost $500 you just lost.

Slot Mag King!
I accept Paypal, CASH, GOLD, SILVER, COINS, GUNS & money orders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alex67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those kind of prices in these times will keep lots of folks and their cars at home.
kielbasa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the new rules of treffen. he wants it to be like a "early euro show, where theres no such thing as Cal look." (his exact words over the phone) well i see plenty of modified cars that would be considered cal look over them there over-seas. anyways.... its fucking california. get over your self.

oh yeah.. only 200 cars allowed, how many COMPLETELY STOCK CARS do you think there are around the area.... not to many i recon.

$100... HA!!

me too ive been busting ass on my 55 to get it ready for the treffen (of course not stock cause thats just boring.)

COUNT ME OUT. see you out there in solvang john!
Jeff's VW Speed and Fab
4inbore.com
Kielbasa Industries
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. such negativity... I for one willingly ponied up the 100.00 for what was probably the finest VW show I have EVER attended (in 30 years) two years ago... amazing facility (cant be cheap)... great cars... great people.... Im towing my 52 Split from Phoenix just to be there...... and hang at what is the West Coasts finest Vintage show.

Have it someplace Cool? Did you even see the Phoenix Club.... shaded areas, comfy seating, Cars on the Grass... compare that to the tarmac laden shithole of The Classic.. and The Phoenix Club looks like heaven on earth. What do you want San Simeon? Pebble beach... yeah entry fee there is a LITTLE more than 100.00!!

If your not rocking vintage why be bitter? If you are... then 100.00 aint SHIT. Hell my semaphores cost 10 times that!!

Seriously... skate tough or go HOME. NUFF SAID

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
7/1968 Type 265 Double Cab
10/1958 Type 117
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kielbasa wrote:
Fuck the new rules of treffen. he wants it to be like a "early euro show, where theres no such thing as Cal look." (his exact words over the phone) well i see plenty of modified cars that would be considered cal look over them there over-seas. anyways.... its fucking california. get over your self.

oh yeah.. only 200 cars allowed, how many COMPLETELY STOCK CARS do you think there are around the area.... not to many i recon.

$100... HA!!

me too ive been busting ass on my 55 to get it ready for the treffen (of course not stock cause thats just boring.)

COUNT ME OUT. see you out there in solvang john!

The Treffen will sell-out of spaces before the end of August. Wink If you were there two years ago, you know 200 vintage stock cars are not a problem at all.

Last edited by 53 0val on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, I'd pay $100 to enter my car in that show.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggy wrote:
Shit, I'd pay $100 to enter my car in that show.

and I would pay 15.00 to see ANY of your cars.... so represent!! Drive that Porsche!

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
Keldog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great show, great location, ice cold bit burger beer. the soccer field was a little humid but the fans in the coachbuilt tent took care of that oh and did i mention the cold beer? i like when they had a custom section but hey it's not my show. i can't wait..
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad venue!!?? Puhleese. Not to give away any secrets or anything, but, uh, like, you can go into an air conditioned FULL BAR and have a REAL GERMAN beer and one hell of a reuben sandwich. The Classic is cool and all, but nowhere near the niceness of the Phoenix club. I like grass. Always have! Wink

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, how do i get an rsvp to go to this? My bus is all stock. Ive always wanted to go to treffen. Smile

Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
Bad venue!!?? Puhleese. Not to give away any secrets or anything, but, uh, like, you can go into an air conditioned FULL BAR and have a REAL GERMAN beer and one hell of a reuben sandwich. The Classic is cool and all, but nowhere near the niceness of the Phoenix club. I like grass. Always have! Wink

The brunch in the main dinning room is fantastic. Not cheap, but real German cooking.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time are we eating? Very Happy

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
mightymouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found all the info. Smile be reg'ing next week. vintage FTW!

Note to EVERYONE.
Know your ZDDP levels or you WILL lose a cam and lifters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52HoffmanSplit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
What time are we eating? Very Happy

Yeah Bob..... what time? Smile set it up... your a natural born organizer. Would be nice to do the brunch.. Smile

Who is doing the Speedwell Rallye? What was it like 2 years ago? Standard Rallye? Driver and Co-Pilot or more of a cruise?

9/1950 Hoffman Standard
11/1966 Porsche 912
10/1966 Porsche 912
10/1958 Type 117
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Treffen Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow.. such negativity... I for one willingly ponied up the 100.00 for what was probably the finest VW show I have EVER attended (in 30 years) two years ago... amazing facility (cant be cheap)... great cars... great people.... Im towing my 52 Split from Phoenix just to be there...... and hang at what is the West Coasts finest Vintage show.

Have it someplace Cool? Did you even see the Phoenix Club.... shaded areas, comfy seating, Cars on the Grass... compare that to the tarmac laden shithole of The Classic.. and The Phoenix Club looks like heaven on earth. What do you want San Simeon? Pebble beach... yeah entry fee there is a LITTLE more than 100.00!!

If your not rocking vintage why be bitter? If you are... then 100.00 aint SHIT. Hell my semaphores cost 10 times that!!

Seriously... skate tough or go HOME. NUFF SAID

X2, well put Exclamation

I'm not rolling in big Benjamins, but I payed the 100 bucks to drive my 57 Aussie Oval to this Great show at a great venue. 100 bucks is not gonna make or break me..... Cool

EA57RHD
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
Backn86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I think this is the first negative feedback I have seen regarding the Treffen. Yes you pay $100 to enter your car, and if you don’t think you’re getting your moneys worth then maybe I should break it down for you.

Spectator admission $15
T-Shirt $15
Bumper Badge $35
Event Patch $10
Event Sticker $5

Well that’s $80 worth of product right there not to mention what other goodies will be added to the bag in these upcoming months. Also the badge and T-Shirt you receive are not available to be purchased and only for participants. As far as the venue just being a “tiny little grassy lot” in the middle of Anaheim… I happen to love Anaheim, and in my opinion the Phoenix Club is the perfect location for any kind of Vintage Car Show. (I guess that’s why the Porsche guys just moved their yearly event there)

As for “Cal-Look” cars not being allowed, it was a judgment call. When it comes down to it, it’s a vintage show and there’s a very thin line between what some people consider stock vs. what others consider custom. I’ve talked to Jon Canales from the German Folks Klub and we are trying to have a special area set aside for any early custom cars seeing if room permits. Yet when you take into consideration things like a swap meet, vendor set-up and special displays you quickly find your free space being taken up.

Ask any promoter, allot of aspects go into putting on an event like this. I think some people let their emotions get the best of them and just jump the gun when they get behind their keyboard and turn on the computer.

I’m sorry some of you guys feel this way but I stand by the rules we have in place. I strongly feel this years Treffen is going to be bigger and better than the last, and definitely an event you don’t want to miss.
BugIn.com | Ovals Only | West Coast Bays | Orange County Type 3s

Last edited by Backn86 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spookymulder
Samba Proletariat

Location: I'm either at 95608, 97537 or 94708 only my CPA knows for sure

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backn86 wrote:

Spectator admission $15
T-Shirt $15
Bumper Badge $35
Event Patch $10
Event Sticker $5
Hamburger $10
Keystone Beer $5
Pay Toilets $1

Taking your Vintage Stock VW to the Treffen.........Priceless
Andy, wholesale or retail? Laughing
Backn86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

52HoffmanSplit wrote:

Who is doing the Speedwell Rallye? What was it like 2 years ago? Standard Rallye? Driver and Co-Pilot or more of a cruise?

Well this past weekend at the VW Classic we signed up Russel Ritchey from Scotland with Gasser Garage who agreed to sponsor the Speedwell Rallye. Ray Schubert will be organizing the route, and it will be taking off from cars and coffe in Irvine just like in 07. So thanks to Gasser Garage, anyone who pre-enters the Treffen will get to run the Rallye at no extra charge and receive one of the Rallye Badges as well. $100 still seem overpriced?
BugIn.com | Ovals Only | West Coast Bays | Orange County Type 3s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chick Iverson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100 did seem a little overpriced at first, but after you look at everything, it doesn't seem so bad. I have already signed up and am looking forward to my first rallye.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

spookymulder
Samba Proletariat

Location: I'm either at 95608, 97537 or 94708 only my CPA knows for sure

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait for Geezer to have his Treffen stuff for sale the day after for $50 Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: