Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

IOZZIO Wheels New "early style" 17" Forged Fu
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being patient, well worth the wait I assure you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkilbury
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: 17 wheels Reply with quote

Iozzio wrote:
rkilbury wrote:
Iozzio wrote:
Production wheels are going to take a few weeks. The price is estimated to be $550 each. These are made here in the US so definitely no problem getting them to you. All of the centers will be precut so turn around time will be alot less. Alot of time and money has been spent making sure these are as accurate as possible to original 15's. Ask anyone who saw them at the VW Classic, these are killer! For the first run I'm only building about 12 sets.
any pics of them on a early beetle?? im also trying to decide 15s or 17s.

Working on getting some pics of the wheels installed, I literally recieved the prototypes friday night at Nicks during the Classic weekend.
cool i will wait to see pics before deciding pls send me a pm when u get them
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prototypes are beefy at 22 LBS, but the production wheels should be in the upper teens when done, I hope around 17-18LBS. THere are areas we can shave weight and not sacrifice strength
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top one 17X7 polished/painted wheel is 38mm offset (for "most" link pin front with a 4" narrowed beam)
The second one 17X7 full polished wheel is 12mm offset (for "most" swing short axle rear)
The last one is a 17X10 that Schott Wheels threw together for me for the VW Classic. The offset of that wheel I'm not sure of but I can find out, definitely not a wheel you can just bolt onto a bug without suspension mods. But it sure looks bitchin!
Basically the offsets or these wheels are such that you build your suspension and we should be able to accomodate any offset between 12mm and 80mm or most widths you need, these are all custom built per your specs. You wont find another forged early Fuchs-style wheel this custom anywhere in the world. Thanks

Last edited by Iozzio on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
stoneloco808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airkewld wrote:
stoneloco808 wrote:
According to the pic of the wheels in the first post. What is the size of the wheels and backspacing of each wheel starting from top to bottom. I am just trying to guage what backspacing would work for me and curious about the specs of the wheel on the bottom.

Under stand the wheel back spacing is adjustable from +12 to +50mm so it can be made to fit your car. For the ultimate look, a 4" narrowed front end and short axles in the rear will set you up perfectly. But the wheels can still be installed with out it but the dimension and profile will not look as cool.

I am on the phone every day talking to clients about that specific thing. You can not gauge it with out knowing all the specific parts that are on the car.
Spindles, Disc Brakes, Adapters, Fenders, Front ends, if the car has been hit, if it has had a pan swap etc. You also can measure and we can figure it out for you.

http://www.airkewld.com/parts/products.php?cat=32

Thanks for the insight. But I have a general idea of the set up I will be using. I already have a set of Billet Specialties Hustler wheels in 17x7 for the front and 17x8 for the rear. I still have to order a narrowed beam and complete disc brakes for the '55 these are going to be installed on. Oh, I also have a set of 2inch wider rear fenders installed, just in case you were wondering.

Since I planned this '55 build out already, I wanted these new 17 Fuchs style wheels for my '67 project. I forgot the specs of the backspacing for my hustler wheels. But wanted to use that as to figure out what will fit since my '67 will be basically running the same short axles as my '55 and I already have a set of those non Wilwood disc brakes offered by Airkewld a year or so ago. So one of these days I will ask for a quote for a complete disc brake system and narrowed beam for my '55 and a narrowed beam for my '67.

So back the the OP,
What are the sizes of the wheels and backspacing in the pic of the first post from top to bottom.
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stoneloco808 wrote:
According to the pic of the wheels in the first post. What is the size of the wheels and backspacing of each wheel starting from top to bottom. I am just trying to guage what backspacing would work for me and curious about the specs of the wheel on the bottom.

Under stand the wheel back spacing is adjustable from +12 to +50mm so it can be made to fit your car. For the ultimate look, a 4" narrowed front end and short axles in the rear will set you up perfectly. But the wheels can still be installed with out it but the dimension and profile will not look as cool.

I am on the phone every day talking to clients about that specific thing. You can not gauge it with out knowing all the specific parts that are on the car.
Spindles, Disc Brakes, Adapters, Fenders, Front ends, if the car has been hit, if it has had a pan swap etc. You also can measure and we can figure it out for you.

http://www.airkewld.com/parts/products.php?cat=32

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say they're forged; how much does a 17x7 weigh?
Pretty cool, by the way!!! They would look good on my speedster.
stoneloco808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I will have a painted/polished and full polished prototype with me
scottz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! Those are SWEET!!

Are you going to be at the Seattle Vintage Meet, July 18th? I'd love to see them in person! Very Happy
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
saw those in Petes booth at classic. Definitely well designed. I want some!

Thanks, please spread the word through the GFK family
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw those in Petes booth at classic. Definitely well designed. I want some!
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 17 wheels Reply with quote

rkilbury wrote:
Iozzio wrote:
Production wheels are going to take a few weeks. The price is estimated to be $550 each. These are made here in the US so definitely no problem getting them to you. All of the centers will be precut so turn around time will be alot less. Alot of time and money has been spent making sure these are as accurate as possible to original 15's. Ask anyone who saw them at the VW Classic, these are killer! For the first run I'm only building about 12 sets.

Working on getting some pics of the wheels installed, I literally recieved the prototypes friday night at Nicks during the Classic weekend.
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkilbury wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Another version of the same tired wheel. I like it, but how many versions of the same wheel do we really need?
agreed. quite expensive too!!!

I understand your point of view, I knew these were not going to be for everyone. When setting out to build these I felt same way, I got tired of seeing all of the cheap cast, incorrectly profiled crap. That is why I am building the wheels with such high standards and custom choices. With that comes increased manufacturing cost. When I finally go into production in a few weeks, I will have close to $30,000 into building this outstanding wheel. Unlike others building new products I have not asked for any upfront deposits and paid for everything on my own. Currently these are the only 17" early style "forged" Fuchs in the world. They are almost a mirror of the originals, so much so that you could run an original wheel on the front and these on the back! When I started this project I set out the build the best 17" early style forged Fuchs wheel available and we did just that. Comparing these to any other wheel is not comparing apples to apples. With that said I appreciate the nice comments about the wheels so far.
Thanks
Paul Iozzio
stoneloco808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep us posted, esecially me. Please send me a PM or email once ready for production. I am very interested in a set.
rkilbury
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
Another version of the same tired wheel. I like it, but how many versions of the same wheel do we really need?
agreed. quite expensive too!!!
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkilbury
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: 17 wheels Reply with quote

Iozzio wrote:
Iozzio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody 1975
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are so sweet, I still have not decide if I like newer style rims on a vw, but those would look right a home. but you cant go wrong with Fuchs. Sometimes the newer style takes away from the car. I have not bought any rims yet( cant decide between newer style and fully polished Fuchs) after I get my pan finished ( air ride fully installed, pan sealed and painted, new bushings,brakes),if they are ready I will take a hard look at them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: