Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Northeast Florida Swap and Sell O.C.O.D. 9-5-09 *THIS SAT*
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Northeast Florida Swap and Sell O.C.O.D. 9-5-09 *THIS SAT* Reply with quote

The O.C.O.D. is in the process of setting up a Biannual swap and sell around Feb and Aug.

This is the event for all you locals to bring out the boxes of “extra“ parts that have been collecting dust in your attics and sheds. Help the VW community grow by get more cars on the road while you fill your pockets with cash or trade for other stuff that you probably don’t need. If you’re looking to get rid of or gain; or get rid of and gain VW parts and or cars, this is the event for you.

This will also be the perfect time to take the old dub for a cruise to the beach and check out the VW scene.

A confirmed time, date and location to come but the first one will probably be in August.

Comments and suggestions please!

Last edited by scone on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
vujade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like to do one in February, why doesnt OCOD take charge of the Swap Meet
at Volks Jamboree during WinterJam 2010?

Bill & I have been brain storming on how to make the swap huge this coming year
and would love to have your support with doing this. We have some really great
ideas and can run them by you if you guys decide to come on board Smile

'67 Sunroof Notchback for sale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vujade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, if you need any help with your August swap, let us know Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Idea behind these swaps is to get people who would normally just show up for a show and not bring anything to swap, a reason to clean out their garage/shed/parents attic and help get others on the road. Of course any and everyone is encourage to bring their junk but by not having it attached to a show the hope is to get people, not unlike myself who normally don’t contribute to the swaps a reason to do so.

The main sort of help we really need is to spread the word so we can have a quality amount of people vendors and buyers show up.

Perhaps the February one could be a bigger more traditional swap that’s planned in conjunction with the Volksjam? What all did you have in mind? I’ll try and do what I can to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
vujade
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me & Charlie tried doing some swap meets like that a few years ago in January & February
and we always ended up with way more swappers then buyers. Everyone was trying to unload
their parts, but noone had money to buy parts.

I will email you about the Swap at Volks Jamboree Laughing

58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Sean.

I have some parts to get rid of, but I don't like loading all that stuff in my Beetle to swap when I'm also showing my Beetle.

So I'd deffinately be down for this.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
wide5guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are you planning for this to be located? I would probably buy stuff I don't need! SShhhhhhh Shhh Don't tell the wife!
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

58deluxerag wrote:
Good idea Sean.

I have some parts to get rid of, but I don't like loading all that stuff in my Beetle to swap when I'm also showing my Beetle.

So I'd deffinately be down for this.

to corey's point about loading parts in his bug...set it up like Purple Heart, Salvation Army, the Ice Cream Man, or the Garbage Man---get a couple bus guys that would volunteer their Single or Double Cab space and all cruise around from house to house picking up their parts and adding a vw to the cruise at each stop... then cruise to the designated location for the swap with a long line of vws, then set up and let the fun begin! Laughing Cool

or get hitch on Wil's Passat and rent a trailer to load up people's parts and still do an OCOD caravan/cruise to the swap! Shocked Cool

OCOD on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/61422168898/

MudRide Mudcasts:
http://mudrideradio.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBeachBum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wide5guy wrote:
where are you planning for this to be located? I would probably buy stuff I don't need! SShhhhhhh Shhh Don't tell the wife!

OCOD Swap Meets are a great place to buy cool OCOD Tshirts!!!!

here's our DRIPFEST shirt from a couple weeks ago...we have some left, so if anyone's interested in a cool OCOD Dripfest T, i'll be sending some down to Sean...i'll get a few more photos of the front and back (2 sided) also have 4inch Round Vinyl Stickers of our Ramones Style Logo below too!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OCOD on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/61422168898/

MudRide Mudcasts:
http://mudrideradio.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mister bungle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my brother did her back in the day, forget her name ...oh yeah and thats my drunken buddy Brian in the background...haha nice that was an awesome weekend!!
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late but at least we can get the first one under our belts. Remember, this is not a show, please bring parts, one part or a trailer full, new or used. Food will be for sale as well as refreshments. First come first serve on vending spots but please don’t show up before 9am. See everyone there!!

When: Saturday September 5th 10am till everyone sells out or runs out of money (prob about 2pm)

Where: Doc’s vacant lot; 417 2nd Ave N, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&...h&z=19
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill be there!!!

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mpribanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this is labor day weekend. I already have made a prior comittment & I won't be able to make it. Lord knows I have plenty of stuff to sell. Great idea though, I hope ya'll sell some parts and make a little $

Just may have to wait for Bulli Brigade.

https://vimeo.com/67661950
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: damn it man Reply with quote

damn it man! I will be at the dixie fried car show in the ATL. I hate it when I miss a damn cool swap meet! Evil or Very Mad
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna drag out some VW parts & look for some I need. I'll be there.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
Matts70Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see more VW-nuts out in the JAX area!! I've been a lurker on here for a while, but need to get more involved.. I'll be at the swap meet!!

Where do you JAX guys go for parts? Is there any local air-cooled parts places around here?
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts70Bug wrote:
Where do you JAX guys go for parts? Is there any local air-cooled parts places around here?

There is no "GOOD" place to get aircooled parts in Jacksonville.

For restoration & mechanical service there is VW Dreams in Arlington.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58deluxerag wrote:
Matts70Bug wrote:

There is no "GOOD" place to get aircooled parts in Jacksonville.

For restoration & mechanical service there is VW Dreams in Arlington.

mail order is your best bet but if you have to have a part that day there is that place on Lem turner? Cant remember the name of the place though?

Most of us just swap parts among ourselves when needed.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Matts70Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kinda disappointing.. I was hoping for a place that had parts on the shelf..

When I lived in Clearwater there were at least 2 shops to choose from.

Oh well.. I look forward to the swap meet! Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my Bug out, but I do need some parts for her!!! Can't wait! Hopefully SOME of you guys will have your V-Dubs out there...
scone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts70Bug wrote:
That's kinda disappointing.. I was hoping for a place that had parts on the shelf..

When I lived in Clearwater there were at least 2 shops to choose from.

Oh well.. I look forward to the swap meet! Unfortunately I won't be able to bring my Bug out, but I do need some parts for her!!! Can't wait! Hopefully SOME of you guys will have your V-Dubs out there...

I've always had a good experience at Eastern Imports. No NOS stuff but most everything you would need mechanical wise to keep you on the road.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: