Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1954 Oval Door Panel Distances..Measurements Needed..
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
valentinesr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: 1954 Oval Door Panel Distances..Measurements Needed.. Reply with quote

Hello peoples..Im trying to get my interior done before I get back to the states and trying to do it all online through emails..What I need for the upholstery shop is some distances for the seems..Now I know most of you guys are busy, but when you get a little time if you could help me out here.
A- Distance from the panel, NOT including piping, just the panel to the first seem.
B-Then the distance from the first seem (A) to the second seem (B).
C-The distance from the edge of the panel, NOT including piping to the forward edge of the map pocket (C).
D-The measurement on the quarter panel of the ashtray cut out.
E-The distance from the edge of the quarter panel NOT including piping to the forward edge of the ashtray.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I added an additonal more clearer picture at the end of the door panel distances I need. You can see the seems in the last photo pretty good. Well Oval family, I hope you can help me out with this..I tried to ask on another thread..but no luck. So I had to create its own. Thanks again, I hope this thread will help out the next person. Cool
I gave my oval a nasty look. Money hungry bitch....

(Delilah) http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319235

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=

1954 Parts Book (CD PDF) PM TO INQUIRE
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
valentinesr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody give a dog a bone here...Please...I will supply you the ruler and send you a gift from Afghanistan..Honestly..If you could just get the measurements off one of your door panels for me.. So I can get my interior started. The guy only does Split Window Interiors..and those panels have seems that are vertical..Where as the 54 has Horizontal seems...Whom ever can post the measurements on here first, PM me your address and I will send you a gift from Afghanistan here in the Helmand Province..where it was 119 degrees yesterday..Thanks Oval Families..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone help this guy out!

I'm sitting here safe and sound in Las Vegas and he's in a different world getting shot at... if I had the correct door panel I would do it in a second.

I'm not making a political statement here but I have been following his posts... he see's the car every 6 months or so and Is trying to coordinate all of the work and sourcing of parts from Afghanistan! Seeing his car going together probably goes a long way in keeping him sane.

If I want to play with my car I walk 10 feet into the garage and the chances of getting shot are significantly less.

I'm done... someone help him out.

Thanks!
John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mattpeace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-1 3/4 inches
B-3 2/3 inches
C-5 1/2 inches
I don't have the rear quarter peice so I cant get the ash tray measurement for you sorry, but I hope this will help some.
valentinesr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Thanks for the support, fortunately the only time I take risks is when I leave to go forward. Which isnt as often as last year. I travel with Marines, either by convoy or helo. Coming in contact with the opposing is a given every time pretty much here. So I do appreciate the support and your vocal on this.
But really quick, I dont want anyone to feel pitty on me, I just need some help now and then when I need a hand; cause Im not home. I've tried emailing people on the side but got no response..or from one gentlemen, "Im Busy" and that was all. Being in a hostile area during this time was in fact a choice.."We" are all out here cause we choose to do so and for many reasons. But yes TheSamba and my 54 keep me sane, thats for sure.

Matt,
Thats perfect info...Its a start so the guy can begin my panels atleast..Hopefully someone can send in the ashtray dimensions to the rear quarter...This will get him cranking for sure. Be sure to send me your address and Ill send you a little thank you from here, it will be something not just anyone can get in the states; especially from a hostile area....No need to worry, Im not sending grenades or body parts Shocked . As promised, its a thank you for your time. Its been a bit since Ive been asking for these measurements..Some things are a little difficult to do from here... So thank you.

SergeK7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw your post as I was heading off camping! Measurements from 1955 (ribbed doors).

A- 1 7/8
B- 3 1/2
C- 5 3/8
D- 2 1/8 X 3
E - 2 1/2

The cutout for the ashtray does have a notch on the lower end, can supply pic if you want.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: