Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

House values in your area
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
69 Jim wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
156K Average in 07, 135K average now.

Month over month on the way up. Lowest of 134K in January.

Not your grocery bill, the price of housing. Rolling Eyes

I know, but your wife likes the expensive brand of chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

(don't tell her I said that, for god's sake)

You must be thinking of my uncle Dick.
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver has held pretty steady. It didn't have the boom that other areas had so it didn't fall as quickly either.
ubercrap
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What all are you basing your values on?
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Housing prices jan 07 to housing prices today in your area...market is so low in sacramento the investors are flooding the lower (100k to 120k)some houses are getting twenty bids a weekend,while the higher prices (200k and up)arent being touched.It seems there is a lot of cash players out there who still think real estate in CA is a good investment if its priced right. Its frustrating to me,Im looking for a second home but I need a mortgage to do it while the sellers rightfully hold out for cash deals...
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
Housing prices jan 07 to housing prices today in your area...market is so low in sacramento the investors are flooding the lower (100k to 120k)some houses are getting twenty bids a weekend,while the higher prices (200k and up)arent being touched.It seems there is a lot of cash players out there who still think real estate in CA is a good investment if its priced right. Its frustrating to me,Im looking for a second home but I need a mortgage to do it while the sellers rightfully hold out for cash deals...

High priced homes are $200K+? Wow. You couldn't get a one-bedroom condo around here for even twice that much. Shocked
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corwin wrote:
johnnypan wrote:

High priced homes are $200K+? Wow. You couldn't get a one-bedroom condo around here for even twice that much. Shocked

You live in the wrong area.
My 2200 sq ft house is appraised at $250K and comes with 26 acres.
Houses and cars are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all pretty subjective. Your location GREATLY influences the price of your home. 5 acres in Toledo is gonna be cheaper than 5 acres in San Francisco.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
It's all pretty subjective. Your location GREATLY influences the price of your home. 5 acres in Toledo is gonna be cheaper than 5 acres in San Francisco.

Agreed,it appears the market here is finding a bottom....I'm going to take a chance that the "herd" will drive the prices up again...
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypan wrote:
crofty wrote:

Agreed,it appears the market here is finding a bottom....I'm going to take a chance that the "herd" will drive the prices up again...

It might drop more but I doubt all that much. I can say that the "collapse" has really helped with traffic going through Tracy though!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Wolfe wrote:

You live in the wrong area.

It would appear the majority of the country disagrees. Laughing

Quote:
In the United States, the tipping point from a majority rural to a majority urban population came early in the late 1910s, the researchers say. Today, 21 percent of our country is rural although some states – Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, and West Virginia – are still majority rural. In North Carolina, a rural majority held until the late 1980s.

Although rural natural and social resources are necessary for urban people and places, the researchers say rural people do not fare well relative to their urban counterparts. Maps of U.S. quality-of-life conditions show that poverty and low education attainment are concentrated in rural areas – especially the rural South – where the nation’s food, water and forest resources exist.

http://www.census.gov/population/www/censusdata/files/urpop0090.txt
myzamboni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todays prices in my zip are where they were in 2005 (according to Zillow), but still up 40% from year 2000 when we bought.

Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not live in the rural south. I live in the upper mid-west. Iowa has one of the highest literacy rates in the USA. If I want to go to the airport, it is 10 minutes away. If I want to go to a concert, it is 15 minutes away. If I want to drive to another part of the country, the Interstate system is 5 minutes away.
And I cannot throw a rock and hit my neighbors house.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Wolfe wrote:
I do not live in the rural south. I live in the upper mid-west. Iowa has one of the highest literacy rates in the USA. If I want to go to the airport, it is 10 minutes away. If I want to go to a concert, it is 15 minutes away. If I want to drive to another part of the country, the Interstate system is 5 minutes away.
And I cannot throw a rock and hit my neighbors house.

Keep practicing and work on those arm exercises.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corwin wrote:
johnnypan wrote:

Realtor.com lists 552 condos in the Seattle area for well under 400k.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:
Corwin wrote:
johnnypan wrote:

Tacomaowned.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

Corwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
69 Jim wrote:
Corwin wrote:
johnnypan wrote:

Tacomaowned.

And Rentonowned, I'm sure.

It was an exaggeration. But not a big one. Laughing
jeremy57ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
It's all pretty subjective. Your location GREATLY influences the price of your home. 50 acres in Toledo is gonna be cheaper than 5 acres in San Francisco.

(fixed it)
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought mine last year for 210k and that was cheap. A house across the street sold for 263k a month ago. Mine is 200sqft bigger with a better lot, and redone floors. So I am happy....
Mr. Loaf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. We all want the value of our homes to increase but then turn around a complain that property taxes increased too. Can't have it both ways. You bought your house for $100,000, and you sold it for $250,000. What do you do with the money? Buy another $100,000 house? Good luck, you won't find one that is comparable to what you sold.
jeremy57ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Loaf wrote:
I don't get it. We all want the value of our homes to increase but then turn around a complain that property taxes increased too. Can't have it both ways. You bought your house for $100,000, and you sold it for $250,000. What do you do with the money? Buy another $100,000 house? Good luck, you won't find one that is comparable to what you sold.

It's simple. If your house is now worth $250,000 and you sell, you can afford $350,000 home with the same $100,000 investment.

I see your point, if the market is up, how do you replace it? I guess if the first time around you spent 100,000 and this time you have $150,000 to put down, you could afford a nicer home.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: