Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wire colors
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tycham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject: Wire colors Reply with quote

I am hooking rear lights up according to wiring diagram. I am trying to figure out how to tell the difference between stripes and band colors. for example I have black wire with white band and black wire with white stripe.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire colors Reply with quote

Black with a white trace should be the left turn signal wire.
It's possible that the rear harness came from a different supplier than the front harness.
I have seen a few rear harnesses with "tiger stripe" traces which run perpendicular to the wire vs. standard trace wires where the trace runs parallel to the wire.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tycham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire colors Reply with quote

That is what is confusing in that I have both markings
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: