Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Steve Ortmayer died early Tuesday morning. He was 77 years old.

Ortmayer served as Raiders' special team's coordinator from 1979 to 1994. He was an assistant during Tom Flores's tenure when the Raiders won Super Bowls at the end of the 1980 and 1983 seasons. Ortmayer also served as the director of football operations during that time.

He also spent time with the Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Lou Ottens, who put music-lovers around the world on a path toward playlists and mixtapes by leading the invention of the first cassette tape, has died at age 94

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

finster wrote:
Lou Ottens, who put music-lovers around the world on a path toward playlists and mixtapes by leading the invention of the first cassette tape, has died at age 94

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Legendary Formula 1 commentator Murray Walker has died at the age of 97.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

"... Unless I'm very much mistaken... I AM very much mistaken!"
"And now I'm going to stop my start-watch."
"I interrupt myself to bring you this.."

“In his quieter moments he sounds like his trousers are on fire” [Clive James on Murray Walker]

HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Marvelous Marvin Hagler dead: Middleweight boxing legend passes away aged 66

Southpaw Hagler was the undisputed middleweight champion between 1980 and 1987, and is an inductee of the International Boxing Hall of Fame
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

'Amityville Horror' killer Ronald DeFeo Jr. dies in state custody at age 69

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Yaphet Kotto, best known for playing a villain in 1973 James Bond movie Live and Let Die, has died at the age of 81.
The actor also played a crew member in 1979 sci-fi movie Alien, and starred in US TV police drama Homicide: Life on the Street.

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

finster wrote:
Yaphet Kotto, best known for playing a villain in 1973 James Bond movie Live and Let Die, has died at the age of 81.
The actor also played a crew member in 1979 sci-fi movie Alien, and starred in US TV police drama Homicide: Life on the Street.

Most interesting draw from wiki:
"A memo from Paramount indicates that Kotto was among those being considered for Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, a role which eventually went to Patrick Stewart."
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

finster wrote:

Really liked him in Homicide Life on the street, and he played a mean Idi Amin in Raid on Entebbe as well.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
finster wrote:

Really liked him in Homicide Life on the street, and he played a mean Idi Amin in Raid on Entebbe as well.

His role on Homicide is my most vivid memory of him and his great acting style. He was fantastic in Bond, too.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Sad to hear on the radio this morning that Sabine Schmitz has died. She was a German racing driver. In the UK she was probably best known from appearances on Top Gear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabine_Schmitz

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Yep. Queen of the Ring: https://drivetribe.com/p/sabine-schmitz-dies-aged-...ce=organic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

in memoriam

Link

I'm sure her crazy laugh will be heard echoing around the 'ring

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Sad to hear on the radio this morning that Sabine Schmitz has died. She was a German racing driver. In the UK she was probably best known from appearances on Top Gear.

Damn, she was an amazing driver and fun to watch. I recall her trying to get the Top Gear box van around the Ring in under 10:00. It was really pretty amazing to see a slow car driven way too fast.

Also, upon reading a little more about her, I realize we share the same birthday, but she was two years older.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

^ great video from BMW
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Some people are just so in tune with their work, and great people as well, that they really stand out, even to those who do not know them well. She had it all, gave it all, and I am rather selfishly sad to no longer have the joy of seeing her out-drive so many others (vehicles, men, records, ceilings). She's in Top Gear in heaven for sure!
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

We stayed in the hotel that Sabine and her mom own, Hotel am Tiergarten, when we visited the Nurburgring in October of 2016. We had done a European Delivery for my wife's new BMW Track pack car, and Sabine was my wife's hero. Sabine loaned my wife one of her fire suits and one of her helmets, and during a VLN race practice sessions, took my wife on a very fast lap of the GP circuit and the Nordschleife in her Porsche 911 GT3 RS Race Taxi.

She was very nice to us, and even had us up for beers after she was done driving for the day...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:

Damn, she was an amazing driver and fun to watch. I recall her trying to get the Top Gear box van around the Ring in under 10:00. It was really pretty amazing to see a slow car driven way too fast.

Also, upon reading a little more about her, I realize we share the same birthday, but she was two years older.

I too thought it was hilarious watching her get the van around that place in under 10 seconds. Yelling at the bikers to get out of her way and such while trying to do a fast lap. She was definitely putting in 110%. RIP.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:

I too thought it was hilarious watching her get the van around that place in under 10 seconds. Yelling at the bikers to get out of her way and such while trying to do a fast lap. She was definitely putting in 110%. RIP.

It was a 10:08 BTG (Bridge To Gantry) lap of the Nordschleife, done during Touristenfahrten in a Ford Transit diesel van.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 299, 300, 301 ... 414, 415, 416  Next
Jump to:
Page 300 of 416

Jump to: