Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

So this guy got Arrested? Are there photos of him. Has anyone ever heard of a IP sniffer?

With an IP sniffer you can trace back to a area the emails and such are coming from. Has anyone ever tried to track him down?

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
Brando_O
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/allen.alfiler.9?fref=ts

Some photos of him on his FB

He also is still doing this. Tried to get me this week, and got a guy I spoke with in CA for nearly 3K...

Had both of his accounts frozen that he offered, however he will just open another, and another.

Why would he stop? no-one has forced him to... Someone needs to scam him into being in the right place, at the right time, with the wrong people...
JM101
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

Is this guy wanted right now? I've had him living next door for a year or so, he has several cars there, and I'm sure he's up to no good. I had a bad feeling about him, so I googled his name....... Please let me know so we can help get him locked up!!!! We live in a small town and with some info and coordination I'm sure our local police would be all over this guy.
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

Read all the posts. The yare very detailed.

1964 Convertible Bug - 1600cc SP engine with a stock H30/31 Carb and SVDA Distributor - Swing Arm Highway Flyer Tranny, Gene Berg's Temperature Dipstick, 2.5" drop spindles, 2" narrowed adjustable front end. Chromed OEM fan tower.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

He’s at it again...

Advertiser : Allen
Phone (323) 873-0158
1966 Porsche 912 Complete In and Out $9500.00
Craigslist San Francisco

Jan 10, 2018 Ad was flagged a few hours later
Car had out of state plates and listed in San Pablo, Ca.
Upon calling him he said he was showing it at 5pm in Napa, Ca.
Address : 1183 4th Avenue Napa, Ca. (this is bird shop in the middle of nowhere)

He said he would hold the car for me if I put a deposit in his bank account. I told him I do not pay for site unseen cars.

He later stated the car sold for $5000.00 as that is all the guy had.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

g_man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

He's at it again!!!

Sacramento craigslist.
Says reply to
Allen at 323-873-0158

Link.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-vw-bus/6465817365.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
54smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

He just listed a 64 microbus in the LA Craigslist and asked my friend to wire him money to go see it. Details include a common story he uses; owner died and seller inherited it. Ad even shows the contact name as Jun like the ad above and same 323 area code phone number.
tb03830
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

54smurf wrote:
He just listed a 64 microbus in the LA Craigslist and asked my friend to wire him money to go see it. Details include a common story he uses; owner died and seller inherited it. Ad even shows the contact name as Jun like the ad above and same 323 area code phone number.

Put link up so we can troll him.

54smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

The problem is that his M/O like always is to put the ad up for a few hours then take it down. When I wrote yesterday, the ad was down and its still down.
54smurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

JM101 wrote:
Is this guy wanted right now? I've had him living next door for a year or so, he has several cars there, and I'm sure he's up to no good. I had a bad feeling about him, so I googled his name....... Please let me know so we can help get him locked up!!!! We live in a small town and with some info and coordination I'm sure our local police would be all over this guy.

Nice try Allen.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

This account and email posted a scam 21-Window ad today
J.1976 - [email protected]
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WoodEe23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

I know exactly ....u wanna know ..PM ME
WoodEe23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

tb03830 wrote:
So this guy got Arrested? Are there photos of him. Has anyone ever heard of a IP sniffer?

With an IP sniffer you can trace back to a area the emails and such are coming from. Has anyone ever tried to track him down?

I know where he is
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

g_man wrote:
He's at it again!!!

Sacramento craigslist.
Says reply to
Allen at 323-873-0158

Link.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1965-vw-bus/6465817365.html

The above post is from 1/2018 but someone reported that a scammer from yesterday with this 1964 Bus:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2218102
was still using 323-873-0158, along with the phone # from the ad, which was: 541-615-7002

For reference, there were no photos in the Samba ad above but he was emailing photos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

Brando_O wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/allen.alfiler.9?fref=ts

Some photos of him on his FB

He also is still doing this. Tried to get me this week, and got a guy I spoke with in CA for nearly 3K...

Had both of his accounts frozen that he offered, however he will just open another, and another.

Why would he stop? no-one has forced him to... Someone needs to scam him into being in the right place, at the right time, with the wrong people...

Where are the pics of this guy??

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rhavranek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

I almost fell for this ad, seems too good to be true.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/d/san-diego-vw-bus/7485849851.html

I emailed him, he called back, said his name was Allen; said he is showing the car the next day, not in San Diego where the ad is listed, but in Temecula. I looked up the address and it is a horse ranch. He hasn't asked for a deposit yet, but I expect that's next.

Appears he's at it again.
BUCIOBATISTI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

rhavranek wrote:

I almost fell for this ad, seems too good to be true.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/d/san-diego-vw-bus/7485849851.html

I emailed him, he called back, said his name was Allen; said he is showing the car the next day, not in San Diego where the ad is listed, but in Temecula. I looked up the address and it is a horse ranch. He hasn't asked for a deposit yet, but I expect that's next.

Appears he's at it again.

Seems to be too good to be true?

What would you say if I told you that this Bus sold for right around 10 times that price a few years ago?

That's the best place to see the latest things we are up to as well as catch an occasional sneak peek of our latest car and parts listings!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

Here's the contact info from the CL ad:

contact name:
Amy

call or text:
(707) 771-0091

Is this number on your list yet Everett?

If anyone wants to troll him even after the ad gets knocked down:

[email protected]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the phone # - I added it to the overall scam phone # listing on the site.

I did see the phone # was already banned from being used in the classifieds, they had posted this scam Porsche ad:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2546407
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Fraud alert - Allen Alfiler Reply with quote

I have seen the same 23-Window above posted again under [email protected]

Adding that email here for reference purposes

Same phone # 707-771-0091
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: