Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Syncro Doka thread!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Great info, thanks!

Here is the plate under the driver seat:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It looks lovely kenthere is actually one of those mileage counters under the seat like the one posted earlier in this thread.

Here are photos of the shock towers:

Since there wasn’t a bash guard or spare tire carrier when busman picked it up, I’m not sure what was on there originally. I do have a bash plate like the one in your photo that I’m going to add.

Now I just need to decide which tires to run.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Those are the reinforcements but they look a little moth eaten. Laughing
Here's the link to the M-Code list.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341506&highlight=m-codes
Strange (but not completely unusual) that not all the M-Codes seem to be listed on the labels.
If you're really interested you can order a Birth Certificate that may show you more.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
rizzy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
Those are the reinforcements but they look a little moth eaten. Laughing
Here's the link to the M-Code list.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=341506&highlight=m-codes
Strange (but not completely unusual) that not all the M-Codes seem to be listed on the labels.
If you're really interested you can order a Birth Certificate that may show you more.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398

Thanks! It looks like they have (temporarily?) stopped issuing those Birth Certificates. Hopefully they resume at some point.
scmatthew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Hello All. I just received my 1991 Syncro DOKA from Busman.
It has a little panel and seam rust, the interior needs help and the bed is pretty dinged up--but I love it! Wish me luck in registering it in CA.
Any idea how to get the tilt off? It looks like the fabric is attached to a space behind the cab.

syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

There is a metal bar in the front of the tilt cover that is bolted to the tilt frame that needs to be unbolted to remove the rubberized tilt cover.
WestyBob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

To add to what Syncrodoka said, there are bolts low down on each front leg that you remove, then the tilt front will lift up and out.
damagd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Greetings! I'm in the market for a work truck and since I already have a 90 Vanagon tin top, I figured I'd stay in the family and pursue a Doka. Was thinking about a Sinka just because of the 8ft bed instead of the 6ft for carrying drywall and sheets of plywood, but I like the idea of extra cab space so I'm going with a Doka and it looks like it's gonna be easier to obtain one. I'll make it work. So any advice or suggestions would be viciously appreciated. I'm aware of what's for sale on here, and it's not too much so I'm exploring the option of importing from Europe. Research says some guy named Busman is the way to go. Thoughts? Directional pointing? Also, is it possible to mount toolboxes on these things like a normal work truck? The long ones that sit on top of the side rail. Need to be able to carry as many tools and supplies as possible. Thanks!
PIRATE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Bought there’s trucks about 6 months go from Lars at trisstar connection. I wanted a Doka and I figured if I bought the sinka as well I could sell it to recoupe some cost on the Doka. Neither on of them run but have motor and trans. I’m finishing up the sinka making it a runner and getting to the registration process. I live in California but I have r guttered some of my stuff in Washington since we have a family ranch up there plus it’s a heck of a lot cheaper.

Looking for advice to register the trucks In Washington.
Do I need to have the trucks there to get them registered? Or can I just go in and give them the import paperwork and walk out with plates?
I did it once with a van I bought in Canada drove it down to the small dmv in eastern Washington and they just handed me plates over the counter and never looked at the van. But since they are from Sweden I didn’t k ow if it would be any different. Thanks in advance for the help

1964 vespa vbb 150
1973 vespa sprint
2005 toyota tacoma Ole reliable
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alaskaberrys Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Be wary of the 25% import tax if bringing a “truck” into the states.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=660126&highlight=importing

I know they are very much calling Doka’s and Sinka’s “trucks” at the Port of Tacoma. 25% of the bill of sale amount can be a lot unless you get a real deal in Europe. Driving across the border might be more lenient, but when we brought our Canadian Westy across through Vancouver they did a pretty thorough inspection. Not a “truck” so a quite reasonable 2.5% of bill of sale.

I went through Busman to import the Doka and he appraised me of the import tax issue at sailing. We listed it as a “Van” which was a mistake as customs had seen enough of that - they were not pleased with me. Also I wish he would have looked closer at the seams, more rust than I was wanting to deal with. But everything other than that on his end was professional, prompt and trustworthy.

Once imported, plating in Alaska was super simple - vehicle need not be in state even.

Nice set you got there Pirate!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
damagd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

PIRATE wrote:
Bought there’s trucks about 6 months go from Lars at trisstar connection. I wanted a Doka and I figured if I bought the sinka as well I could sell it to recoupe some cost on the Doka. Neither on of them run but have motor and trans. I’m finishing up the sinka making it a runner and getting to the registration process. I live in California but I have r guttered some of my stuff in Washington since we have a family ranch up there plus it’s a heck of a lot cheaper.

Looking for advice to register the trucks In Washington.
Do I need to have the trucks there to get them registered? Or can I just go in and give them the import paperwork and walk out with plates?
I did it once with a van I bought in Canada drove it down to the small dmv in eastern Washington and they just handed me plates over the counter and never looked at the van. But since they are from Sweden I didn’t k ow if it would be any different. Thanks in advance for the help

Dude, I would buy either one of these from you. Preferably the Doka. Exactly what I'm looking for. I'm specifically looking for White with the square headlights.. How did you find such gems?
PIRATE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

I found the Doka first neither one of them ran so they were both projects. I’m almost done with the sinka and installing a Subaru in the Doka. sinka will be for sale on the samba in 2 months I’m slow let me k ow if your interested
1964 vespa vbb 150
1973 vespa sprint
2005 toyota tacoma Ole reliable
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
toomanyveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Can I post these here?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Beautiful doka! I like the bed detailing, nice mix.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Lovely 16". I too like the wood accents. Different look. Is the rocker guard also wood?
toomanyveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

CdnVWJunkie wrote:
Lovely 16". I too like the wood accents. Different look. Is the rocker guard also wood?

It is, previous owner was a carpenter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Nice looking Doka!
Pictures of the engine please?

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
toomanyveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
Nice looking Doka!
Pictures of the engine please?

0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

I got my Syncro Doka 16 last year from Germany via Busman. It had a km/h speedometer. Looking to swap in a mph speedometer is not easy (hard to find) because the gearing for a Syncro is different... there are some used ones for 2WD but I can't find one for Syncro.

So here's a tip for those who wants to have mph. I bought a bad/broken mph speedometer, I removed the face of the km/h one and swap in the face of the mph, and I got a mph speedometer for cheap.
ajdenette
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Well last weekend I joined this group and purchased a Syncro Doka

My friend Jeff and younger brother Daniel borrowed my brother in laws truck and a friends trailer and drove to Ontario to purchase it and trailered it back here I put it in my grandparents barn until this spring. the Doka like my Westy has been off the road since 1995ish and will require a fair amount of work to get it back on the road including a head gasket or install of a spare engine.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732777
1990 Vanagon Syncro Base awaiting body work
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official Syncro Doka thread! Reply with quote

Nice find! You like projects I take it Wink

Head gasket. Is it a WBX then? Are you sticking with VW engine on this one or a Subi like your other?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Page 49 of 58

Jump to: