Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bwatts - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoralRedCabrio57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: bwatts - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

I am the french guy who buy the frame and glasses of your 62 vert shown on the picture. Confused

I think my 400$ are received for a long time now (08/2008) ...
As you asked me I waited a very long period because of your father troubles (hoping that this not because of the 45 days of Paypal).

Please just to be honest, could you either give me back my money or send me the parts ? Rolling Eyes

I am so surprised to this kind of trouble with an american guy !
Bus Pickup 1975 - Ta¨ga Green
Bus Deluxe 1971 - Orange/White
bwatts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an unfortunate situation because it happened 3 years ago (all the way back in 2008) but recent buyers are worried because of it. So I will reply a little to try and ease any worries.

This sale back in 08' was nothing but a mix up unfortunately, and not his fault nor mine, just unfortunate. I won't get into exact details but It was unfortunate I will just say that.

I had and still have a father fighting cancer for the 5th time now , and he was back then too. I had a hectic schedule back then (still do) where I help my mother with my father because even as happy as I am he has survived 11 years longer than they thought he is now getting older so he just needs help.

And even with career changes in the last 5 years I have always had jobs with tons of overtime. So free time is tight. I list items and state that shipping can be delayed because of a tight schedule.

And back in 08'I had these things going on along with my wife of 18 years leaving and losing my house. Having to move etc.

Now this can all sound like BS but enough people know me in this community to verify every word of what I am saying.

This is one single transaction that had some mis-communication and other problems out of our control.So on E-Bay that still has me at 99% positive feedback!

But if you still feel worried about buying then I suggest you just find another seller.

But if buying from me understand that I might have delays in shipping (so if a hurry this might be a problem) but you are always safe in getting your purchased item.

If you have questions or need to more facts just contact me

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
edscholl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Item damaged by improper packing. Reply with quote

I purchase a Original Hella VW fluted lens from Brian, it took a while but I eventually received the item, however instead of a lens it was many broken pieces of glass. The lens was shipped not wrapped in bubble wrap or anything just laying in peanuts. Unfortunately the width of box was just about the same size as the lens so it broke.(see photo) If it was due to USPS neglect I would expect it to be my loss, but when the photo clearly shows that the box was wrong size for the item its the packers responsibility for the damage. The box itself has no visible damage to the exterior.

After my last email, Brian went silent.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:46 PM
To: 'Brian Watts'
Subject: RE: You sent a payment

Brian,

Unfortunately to prove my point it was necessary to reconstruct the lens put it in the box and demonstrate that the glass would have approximately 1/8 to ¼” compression space. This does not provide the necessary cushioning to ship fragile items in a box, it will get compressed during shipping and this is the reason for space all around object. It was improper packing and sorry if it upsets you but it’s a fact. If the problem was due to USPS neglect the it would be my loss but this isn’t the case I can take photos of every side of the box if you wish but there is nothing to see. As it was improperly packaged by you or your representative, I would think a reasonable request is a full refund.

Guidelines for your merchandise, including:
Containers - Other (Glass, Metal)
Interior Cushioning Guidelines

Recommended Cushioning:
Small Cell Bubble Sheeting
Small cell bubble sheeting is packing material made of 1/4-inch-tall (0.64 cm) air bubbles that are encased between two poly sheets as they are sealed together. This sealing process allows encapsulated air to provide a cushion against shock.

Small cell bubble sheeting provides surface protection and scuffing resistance. It also provides good cushioning for lightweight items and can be wrapped around almost any product regardless of shape or size.

When using small cell bubble sheeting, include several layers to ensure that the entire product is cushioned, and pay close attention to protecting corners and edges. When packing multiple items, wrap each item separately. Fragile items need separation from each other, and from the corners, sides, top, and bottom of the box.

Each item should be surrounded by at least two inches (5.08 cm) of sheeting and placed two inches (5.08 cm) away from the box walls. This prevents product-against-product damage and protects the contents from shock and vibration, which can pass from outside of the box to the contents. Use enough sheeting to ensure that the contents cannot move when you shake the box.

Ed

Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 2:30 PM
To: 'compra'

Ed,

I am sorry it looks like the lens was broke, but how leaves lots of questions

I however disappointed you seem to blame the packaging for these unfortunate results.

As you can see the box was filled with foam packaging “peanuts” and the lens was packed in the middle of these foam particles design for this exact type of shipping.

I fail to see how bubble wrap would have done as much or more than a box filled with foam protecting the lens from all sides

I would discuss this will the post office for sure

This is unfortunate and as I truly feel bad for you I don’t feel my packaging was negligent and we did the best we could on this end with supplies designed for this purpose

I will however require insurance going forward to help my buyers in the future to avoid this loss

Brian

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:05 PM

Kyle/Brian,

Unfortunately what I received was in pieces. The box shows no sign of damage so the only thing I can conclude is bad packaging as it should have been wrapped in bubble wrap, it is glass.

Ed

Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:25 PM
To: 'compra'

Hello Mr Scholl

Brian is my father and he has been tied up with my great grandmothers death recently

All of his packages to be send or listed by item and packed and stacked ready to send, but if you haven’t gotten yours yet it is because he had not added a name to who gets what

If you can tell me which item you purchased and what your address is I will ship right away.

Please accept my fathers apologies for the delay he would have never delayed shipping

Let us know and will get this to you ASAP

Kyle

Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:08 PM
Subject: FW: You sent a payment

Brian when will I get this?

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:37 AM
To: Edward Scholl
Subject: You sent a payment

You sent a payment Transaction ID: 5TP23790RW9461235

Dear Edward Scholl,
You sent a payment for $50.00 USD to Brian Watts.
Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.
View the details of this transaction online
bwatts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to see that this buyer feels the need to post this here but will respond to protect myself from future buyers being worried from buying from me

I packaged this lens as professionally as I could and as I have on many many items in the past 10 years without incident.

I haven't taken college "packaging" courses on the requirements to pack an item ,but have shipped items off ebay and samba for 7-10 years without any issues.

The photo doesn't show the fact the lens was packed snugly with foam peanuts designed to protect fragile items

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foam_peanut
"Foam peanuts, also known as packing peanuts or packing noodles, are a common loose-fill packaging and cushioning material used to prevent damage to fragile objects during shipping."

I packed with products designed to prevent this very problem at a cost to myself not the buyer. I didn't stuff with newspapers or some other improvised material, I used a shipping material made just for this situation so how did I lack in my efforts to ship the lens protected?

I didn't in my opinion I did all I could do, unfortunately it broke anyway along the way and neither of us knows why?

I realize that the lens being broken is disappointing to Mr Scholl but from the first email notifying me that it was received broken he accuses me of improperly packaging in a demanding manner

I am sorry this happened and will be requiring insurance on similar items in the future so neither buyer or seller has this disappointing results again

I am sorry Ed you received a broken lens but I do not feel this is due to my packaging in error but a post office handling issue. But without insurance they will do nothing, therefore I will include insurance costs going forward as stated previously

I sincerely feel bad about this, but do not think is is due to any error on my part

Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion:
Was the lens laying in there side to side like that or was it cross-ways so it had more space from the box edges?

Either way, if the glass was laying in the box bare with just peanuts, then my opinion is it's the seller's fault. Peanuts don't protect against something moving around. It could have easily shifted to one side, got bumped, and broken.

But... you should always get insurance on glass items.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BGAirForce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: bwatts - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great product, just as advertised! Brian kept me informed of any delays and communication was spot on. Responses were clear an explained each step of the process. Packaging was perfect and the bars arrived in working order as advertised.

Will do business with this seller again!

Thanks
CoralRedCabrio57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwatts wrote:
This is an unfortunate situation because it happened 3 years ago (all the way back in 2008) but recent buyers are worried because of it. So I will reply a little to try and ease any worries.

This sale back in 08' was nothing but a mix up unfortunately, and not his fault nor mine, just unfortunate. I won't get into exact details but It was unfortunate I will just say that.

I had and still have a father fighting cancer for the 5th time now , and he was back then too. I had a hectic schedule back then (still do) where I help my mother with my father because even as happy as I am he has survived 11 years longer than they thought he is now getting older so he just needs help.

And even with career changes in the last 5 years I have always had jobs with tons of overtime. So free time is tight. I list items and state that shipping can be delayed because of a tight schedule.

And back in 08'I had these things going on along with my wife of 18 years leaving and losing my house. Having to move etc.

Now this can all sound like BS but enough people know me in this community to verify every word of what I am saying.

This is one single transaction that had some mis-communication and other problems out of our control.So on E-Bay that still has me at 99% positive feedback!

But if you still feel worried about buying then I suggest you just find another seller.

But if buying from me understand that I might have delays in shipping (so if a hurry this might be a problem) but you are always safe in getting your purchased item.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Just saw your anwser only now ... you took 3 years to answer me ... it seems I am doing the same !!

Your answer still unclear. I am sad about every hard time for you and family, but for my side I loose 400$.
I sent you 400box 6 years ago and still waiting to receive my goods .... What a deal !!

Yes, I found another honest american seller. I was obliged to pay "again" around 600$ to get a set of convertibles glasses and frames. I was lucky this time ; I received it.

As I already mentionned in my first post, this deal was the first and last time I had trouble in the aircooled world.

Cheers,

Gregory.
bwatts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: bwatts - [email protected] Reply with quote

BGAirForce wrote:
Great product, just as advertised! Brian kept me informed of any delays and communication was spot on. Responses were clear an explained each step of the process. Packaging was perfect and the bars arrived in working order as advertised.

Will do business with this seller again!

Thanks

Thanks BGAirforce I appreciate the feedback
bwatts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoralRedCabrio57 wrote:
bwatts wrote:

Brian

Hi Brian,

Just saw your anwser only now ... you took 3 years to answer me ... it seems I am doing the same !!

Your answer still unclear. I am sad about every hard time for you and family, but for my side I loose 400$.
I sent you 400box 6 years ago and still waiting to receive my goods .... What a deal !!

Yes, I found another honest american seller. I was obliged to pay "again" around 600$ to get a set of convertibles glasses and frames. I was lucky this time ; I received it.

As I already mentionned in my first post, this deal was the first and last time I had trouble in the aircooled world.

Cheers,

Gregory.

Gregory

I am surprised to see this after all this time

Yes we both seem to rarely look at feedback which is evident by both of our delays in replies

I am very sorry this has gone on like this, and worse that you didn't received the package obviously , but after all this time how can I defend myself

because of it being so long

Tracking and insurance back then could have made this end much different which I wish it had

I had a similar experience last year in a set of piston and cylinders missing in the USPS also, but the buyer and I both were checking and filing complaints right away and doing all we could.
I had tracking # and it showed I had mailed it and it had been accepted at my local post office and picked up, but from there it went invisible.

The post master at both locations were notified and helped all they could promising "it will turn up" at some point.

We ll it never showed up , it disappeared!

Now of course the buyer was not happy after months of waiting and waiting, but remember I had a tracking # to prove I had mailed it.

Insurance was not purchased like most people it adds to the cost so most of us dont get it, but it would have surely helped here

The USPS lost it and without insurance they will do nothing, and if I sent it and have proof the USPS took possession not sure how I would be responsible for this?

Very similar situation

Gregory I truly hate that this happened and it bothers me you think bad of me obviously but I do not feel I did anything wrong on my end and I know that might not satisfy you and I am sorry

But after all this time I am not sure what you want me to do?

Brian

PS
I require insurance on all sales I do now, or make buyer specify they do not want it so responsibility is on buyer and not myself so there is no misunderstandings going forward
CoralRedCabrio57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan,
Don't be surprised, I loose a lot of money here.

I make quite a lot of deal on TheSamba, my last big one was a Ghia paid before seeing it.

I am sad about this explanation because at that time, after payment I didn't received any proof from you that glasses were sent ; just explanation that you need time because of your dad situation. After 3 months no more answers to my numerous mail. This is why I was upset.

Now, as you said, it's a long time ago, my money is gone and glasses seems to be lost.

Past is past. We need to forget.

Gregory.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: