Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine Tin Question
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerian159
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Engine Tin Question Reply with quote

I've got a '76 Camper with slim type iv heaterboxes (411 style) and i'm missing the bottom engine tin. My question is, are the tin from early type iv engines and 411/412 the same? My brother is going to be going to a car show this weekend and if I could find out to let him know that would be good.
I switched to the slim heaterboxes to get abit more power out of the engine as per a few other posts on thesamba Smile

"Growing older, but not up!"
ubercrap
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Tin Question Reply with quote

kerian159 wrote:
I've got a '76 Camper with slim type iv heaterboxes (411 style) and i'm missing the bottom engine tin. My question is, are the tin from early type iv engines and 411/412 the same? My brother is going to be going to a car show this weekend and if I could find out to let him know that would be good.
I switched to the slim heaterboxes to get abit more power out of the engine as per a few other posts on thesamba Smile

I'm not sure what you're asking- The 411 is as "early" as a Type 4 engine gets. Are you asking if the Type 4 powered bus is the same as 411/412?
kerian159
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda I know the engine itself is basically (if not) the same between the two cars i've got the smaller heaterboxes from either a type iv car or a type iv out of a '72-'74 bus. I'm trying to find out the differance's between all of the type iv engine tin. I'm needing the bottom tin that connects the heaterboxes to the engine (protecting the push rod tubes).

"Growing older, but not up!"
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the bottom tins are similar, but not the same. Seems like the hole placement was different, and maybe the length or width as well. Really can't remember.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to properly fit the type 4 heater boxes you need 4 pieces of tin, the bottom pieces and the front lower ones. they are all different between 411 and bus. you will also have issues with the hot air tubes at both ends of the heater boxes, ie you need the 411 parts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: