Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1965 1200cc Type I performance question
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlugBug81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: 1965 1200cc Type I performance question Reply with quote

Ok so here goes. I recently inherited a 65 bug and am in the process of restoring it. In my research I have found that the variety of available resources for VW's is astounding, howerver one important issue still eludes me! I am not sure about pushrod length. I have a 1200cc engine (8126554) and have bought numerous products, but I am at the point to where I have nowhere else to turn, please help. I have listed the parts I have accumulated just in case that has any effect on the length needed, I am also open to suggestions as well. "NO I AM NOT BUYING A DIFFERENT ENGINE, DON'T EVEN SUGGEST I GO WITH ANOTHER ONE".

83 Mahle big bore kit
69mm Volkstroker III crankshaft
009 distributer
8lb flywheel
12v conversion kit
Stand alone oil cooler
Dual 30 carb setup
New exhaust
Complete engine gasket set
New adjustable pushrod tubes
Etc.

Does this affect the original length of the pushrods, or do I need to adjust? I would also like a new cam, but do no know where to go because of this issue. Thanks in advance for the help!
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have been better off posting this in the vintage speed forum, as that is the section for 40hp engine tuning. Ask a moderator to move this thread there.

There stock crank in the 40hp is a 64, do you realise the 69 is not a straight fit and will require extra work, and will make you engine wider, so you will need differant length pushrods.

Here is a thread to read.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=227342&highlight=40hp+crank
(06:31:07) RoachGhia: "i drink dick way too fast"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: