Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Diss'in Fat chicks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cseay1 wrote:
zozo wrote:
Calm down there junior. It's ALL meant in jest. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

It's all good. One thing to keep in mind is that typeface on screen carries no emotion with it. What can be meant as gentle prodding can be taken as a slap in the face.

What sparked my interest in this old thread was how one person who owns multiple VW's felt like he was treated differently by owners of "late models" when he rolled up to an event in his Oval rather than his "late model."

I never thought there was a class system in the vintage Volkswagen community. I was quite surprised to see that there is a division and the folks who either by choice preference situation or what-have-you choose to own a Fat Chick or Super and end up feeling that they are somehow on the bottom wrung.

I'm not trying to stir up anything. I guess this all stems from my shock and surprise to see that this does exist.

They are out there, you're right about that. WTF ever.

There are lots of folks that buy one only to trade up to another one that will put them on the path for yet another one, etc. If it works for them, that's cool, but the problem comes when they're of the opinion that that's how it should be done, and if you don't, you're not doing it right. They seem to believe that everyone should be on the same quest, for whatever they, the hallowed few, have decided is the holy grail of the hobby. Once these hallowed few have attained their dream VW, they adopt the "Mine is better than yours" attitude and look down their nose at everyone else. I always envisioned that type of behavior as being more prevalent in groups where pretentious people seem to instinctively congregate, but they do exist in the VW culture as well. Maybe that's how they do everything in life. Who knows? It's fine, it's just not the way all people are, myself included.

I have one VW, a 65 std bus, am perfectly content with it, and have been for the past 7 years. I like it, despite the fact that it's a "fat" hatch with fried eggs, innies, lips, and thin legs. When I look at it that way, I have a lot in common with it. Lol
tcochr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: I am dumb. Reply with quote

I am dumb, so I need help.

I read several dozen posts daily from the Samba, and I never see anyone explain what a "Vert" is. Can someone help me understand this name?

Vert=Bug?
Vert=Vertical (flat) window. Like a 73+ super has a curved window
Vert= Vertically oriented fan shroud
Vert=You are dumb, dont ask a question like this...go drive a Fox.

I am hoping not the latter Embarassed .

Tim
-Zodiac-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convertible Wink
RellikJM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I am dumb. Reply with quote

tcochr wrote:
I am dumb, so I need help.

I read several dozen posts daily from the Samba, and I never see anyone explain what a "Vert" is. Can someone help me understand this name?

Vert=Bug?
Vert=Vertical (flat) window. Like a 73+ super has a curved window
Vert= Vertically oriented fan shroud
Vert=You are dumb, dont ask a question like this...go drive a Fox.

I am hoping not the latter Embarassed .

Tim

Something for future reference: Samba Dictionary
Clasico
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case I prefer the looks of fat chicks they are more proportionate than older ones! But i dont diss them.

BTW I like Ferrari Dinos too, cant afford them though!!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think you are cooler than someone because you "own" something you are a RichardHead. You are a Large RichardHead if you paid someone to fix it up and think that makes you even cooler.

Even though Im a pretty straight 'stock' kind of guy I admire the kids who drop them for getting their hands in and owning the job at least.
Bret2094
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See people are backwards around here...no one wants to get rid of their precious fat girl. as morbid as it is, the original owners for most of em are still alive and kickin. They just wont give em up. I have had luck with the "ox-carts" because family members of the deceased just need em gone. Till i get the chance to own one, I will continue to deny their qualities, but I like it when other people use theirs....now bash my sig line good

Bret
1962 Karmann Ghia
1967 beetle( august 66, first car)
1967 beetle (parts car)

1977 Westfalia Camper

1972 Plymouth Duster

Just another 22 year old jackass who caught the bug, and lives by the motto " NO fatchicks allowed" , I've got too many cars as is (buses N/A)
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a line in the sand with most all auto manufactures where emissions or safety or a plain cosmetic change made a certain year of a model becomes less desirable. Look a the Mustang II or the Cadillac Cimaron. It's just where a model "Jumped the Shark" and has a little less cool factor in it, Just how it is I guess.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: