Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

bentley
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the Bently has an overwhelming virtue in its varied indexes. While you are searching for an answer in the wrong place, you are also getting to know the manual better. If you are like me you will find yourself getting distracted in the wrong pages and gaining knowledge for future use. Good with the bad. Cool
cr8zy_vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: To anyone who might be looking at buying the downloaded version of the manual, it is NOT Windows 7 Home Premium compatible without upgrading to Windows 7 Professional.

"Operating System: Windows 7
Version: Home Premium
Can I run eBahn?: Possibly*

*User tested work-around:

eBahn User Feedback 2009-Nov-25: possible work-around - upgrade to Windows 7 Professional ($90 from Microsoft)
eBahn User Feedback 2009-Nov-21: try 3rd party apps (see instructions for using Sun VirtualBox)
eBahn User Feedback 2009-Nov-28: try 3rd party apps (possibly Microsoft Virtual PC)

'73 Transporter
endle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an idea once to start a project of scanning in tech-modules and rendering into a nice format like epub (or pdf). If you wanted to have access to a copy you would have to donate your time by scanning in 10 pages of the manual.

That way, only people who already owned the book would have have a copy. This is legal under the Fair Use guidelines, although it is a gray area at the moment. If someone owns a copy of a book, they are allowed to make copies of the content for personal use. As long as they are not selling the book or damaging the publishers market, then they are within their rights.
If you own a manual, it is not illegal for you to copy a page to take outside or read on your computer.

My idea to make it a group project for people who already own the manual would make a very tedious job (scanning in hundreds of pages) very realistic.
My post was banned from the Samba because Everret thought it was invading copyright laws, so I just dropped it for the time.

I think as e-readers become more popular then the idea will probably be more acceptable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: