Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BCG Industries project Tow'd
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: pictures pictures pictures Reply with quote

I finally had a few minutes to get some pics posted. So here they are I will leave it at that for now. thanks for looking
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tub is at trim shop and hood is almost painted after 50+ hours of repairing the last 40 years of paint and body. Almost done more to come
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Very new and shiny!

This may have already been asked but I just noticed you're using a BJ front end. I was always under the impression that a Link-Pin front end was stronger. You've been building this as a war machine, I would have thought you would have wanted a Link-Pin front end?

Just curious.
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to use a BJ front end for a couple of reasons. I have one in my class 9 car and it holds up well and I didnt have a LP front end. Smile The other reason is that it is for my dad to go tooling around the dirt roads of AZ and I am sure he has no intention of flogging the car the way you or me would. I built the car with clearance and tolerence to be able to upgrade components as we go. I am glad that you like the progress. Thanks for the question. Darrin
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking for a trim guy in phoenix area to do some seat work for us. We took the tub to a local trim guy and he did it twice and not only did he do a horrible job but I also got 32 rivet holes and 8 pieces of velcro for our deposit. I am looking for person to be able to sew us up a couple of seats.
I am finishing up the tub today getting the liner on the bottom and the trunk and seating area I will try to post pictures up of finished project.
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok we found a local shop to do the interior and while there at it I had them do the roof and console. I did the bedliner on the bottom of the tub last night and then followed that up with masking the seating and floor section in a tan that will match the seating areas. just wanted to post up a few more pictures. Interior will be about 2 weeks at this point so I am hopingto get the rest of the car including the engine built which I will start tonight. more to come thanks for looking
Darrin

BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Latest update on the project is that the long block is finally done minus valves adjusted. Interior shop should have the tub, console and roof back to us late this week and then a whole new set of pictures and I hope to finish this frog soon. more to come thanks for all the visits.
crack monkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is nice to see some good progress. sweet work
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few pics of the long block mocked up before final paint which I am doing right now. More to come after I get the paint done. Interior may be done and ready to pick up Friday we will see and I will post up that too.

BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi here are some early pics of the tins before the final finish of the engine this weekend.I painted the tins black and then airbrushed a faux carbon fiber pattern on the modded tins. I then used my vinyl plotter to create the number on the firing order and added the german word for the firing order below the number. I will be adding the same theme to the dash switches and the labels that I will paint on the car and engine along with some where... "Das Vollgas" which means " full throttle" which seems suited to the build of this towd after 2 years. It will be painted somewhere on the car. Thank you for looking you all. We are flattered that anybody is looking at this adventure we have created. After 2 years of development and funding to the roof it is almost ready to be scratched up and hit the roads. Ok here are some pics of stuff that was done today

More to come tub will be back next week
gr8cobbler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exceptional. Cool Nice detailing too.

Curious about the chrome tins below the cylinders hanging from the exhaust ports. They look like they might be heavy enough to provide decent protection to the pushrod tubes. Do they also help with airflow, replacing the sled tins? Don't think I've seen those before, did you fabricate them?

Being a cheap old fart is just a front for my actual lack of money. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. They are pushrod protectors and they are 1/8" thick. This pair is an older set but I have redesigned a new pair Which will be available for purchase before the end of the year along with a couple of other products I have been testing and refining. They do help keep the air in the tins as I also have the factory pieces in there too. And they will take a serious hit without going into the push rod tubes and making your day short and oily. I am working on the engine right now hoping to have pics of the final assembly of it on here later today.
jsturtlebuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the push rod tube protectors that KarTek sell?
In my opinion they are the best ones out there right now.
Made out of aluminum in 3 pieces that bolt together and have holes in the bottom to let the air out.
With out the holes in the bottom to let the air out of the protectors there is the possibility of things getting too hot.
Motion Tire Motorsports
Having fun with Dune Buggies since 1970
Into Volkswagens since 1960
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all here are some pictures of the dash in its finishing process and the engine which is done now finally and off my tubing bender /vw engine stand. Only thing left is to take the exhaust to powder coat and shim out the alt pulley a bit add oil gas and power and light off. Interior got back today and they happened to drop the body or something on the body and I have about 18+ scratches to repair on the tub I spent a month prepping and painting. Oh well I guess I will not mention them in the credits of the car in conclusion. Any how enough typing here are some more pictures of the engine and dash. C u soon, Darrin

BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see the pushrod tube protectors they sell and they are very proud of them too. Nice pieces for sure.
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

picture update 10/22/11
Hi all I am so excited to hit over 30k views on the project towd and the car is closer to being done and running or at least done. It was a long thursday and friday but I took some pictures of the trunk lid and the car as it went together getting closer more pictures later I am going back to assemble the axles and keep on going thanks for looking

I will get some more pictures today thanks again for everyone for taking a look at this project.
crack monkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the exhaust back last night getting it mounted up and bolted on. I wanted to thank Paul over at All Valley Powder Coating for the excellent work on the exhaust system in the black ceramic finish. If your looking for good work with pride in the Phoenix area call him. More to come.

Paul @ All valley powdercoat 623-201-9931
[email protected]
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple pics more tonight or monday. These are a couple of the engine showing the new exhaust and then just a couple progress pics.

I will post some more I just have not had a sec to upload from camera yet.
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clean, great job!
BCG Industries
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alive. Finally got the engine started last night and now am on the final finishing items. I had planned to finish over weekend but ran into some snags so I was behind a little bit more than planned. More pictures soon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: