Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

THE GCCK proudly presents Das Sonnenblumen Autofest
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: THE GCCK proudly presents Das Sonnenblumen Autofest Reply with quote

The German Car Club of Kansas presents our 2nd anual Das Sonnenblumen Autofest in Salina KS on Sat. Sept. 26th. We offer free camping on site for Fri. and Sat night. We hope to double attendance this year. We are raffling off a 1990 Audi 100 during the show.
http://gcck.org/images/rsgallery/watermarked/ba84b6b9f6d7bbdf848bad6f22c4236e.jpg
http://gcck.org/images/rsgallery/watermarked/9cd3967da400271e4c328efade0a9959.jpg
http://gcck.org/images/rsgallery/watermarked/295c95d7805a72f2d3d72ed14d511fa9.jpg
http://gcck.org/images/rsgallery/watermarked/787a4f8b0962d5ef32070c2c14eccee3.jpg
these are a couple of pictures from last year. The girls will be back for photo opportunities. Hope to see you there

Last edited by jgm_72 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to post pics and apparenty i have no freekin clue how to so hopefully some one either from the gcck or someone else who came last year colud post some
uiterwyk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your help on the pics! I am a computer idiot!!! one day i will figure these things out
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there.
Will the girls be camping?
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of them will be different this year, we may have 4, and i think they will be
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you with the omaha club? my wife and i are planning on going to lincoln ne this sunday
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgm_72 wrote:
are you with the omaha club? my wife and i are planning on going to lincoln ne this sunday

I am a member of the Omaha VW Club but I am also a member of the VW Club of Nebraska and the Tri-Citys VW Club. All are in Nebraska. I live 100 miles West of Lincoln. I will be in Lincoln for the VW car show on Sunday but haven't decided what I will drive yet. Either my Thing or 67 Beetle or ride with a friend.

Will you have a VW there?
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will be in a '91 golf, we have a family of 5 and it fits us well. at our show we will have our '72 bus, our '58 beetle on air, and our golf. i wish our '60 bus was ready but its not
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgm_72 wrote:
we will be in a '91 golf, we have a family of 5 and it fits us well. at our show we will have our '72 bus, our '58 beetle on air, and our golf. i wish our '60 bus was ready but its not

Will you be camping Friday night before the GCCK show? A few of us are thinking of driving down Friday night.
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by all means come on friday, we will be there. the more the merrier. we would love to have a good sized camp out both fri and sat night
estofer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on coming over the the show! I missed last year but will be there for sure this year!

Eric
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lynhaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too will be spending the weekend out there. The pictures of last years show look great. Driving out on friday evening from KC.
Driving a Squareback.
kevinh94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. You will not be disappointed its a great show. Its a great time, you get to meet great people, eat good food, look at AWESOME cars, and buy parts if you need them. I found a few parts for my bug at a good price.

Hope to see you all there.
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as kevin stated it is a great show!! a hand full of club members have planned the whole thing. we are on our 2nd year, and so far everything is coming together quite well. we look forward to meeting everyone who shows up. my wife, 3 daughters, and i will be camping both nites so be sure to look for us. im and she is sam. my wife's favorite part is the camping and comraderie.

kevin, i noticed you have been posting a lot about air suspension. well make sure you make it down on friday nite, im going to test out my air suspension by dragging her a bit.
kevinh94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgm_72 wrote:
as kevin stated it is a great show!! a hand full of club members have planned the whole thing. we are on our 2nd year, and so far everything is coming together quite well. we look forward to meeting everyone who shows up. my wife, 3 daughters, and i will be camping both nites so be sure to look for us. im and she is sam. my wife's favorite part is the camping and comraderie.

kevin, i noticed you have been posting a lot about air suspension. well make sure you make it down on friday nite, im going to test out my air suspension by dragging her a bit.

Ok I will. problem is the only car i have is a trans am. I want to camp but i will be the odd duck, so to speak.

I am very interested in seeing your car. glad you got everything worked out.
I should have kept my cars cuz I really want to put air susp. on a car. Mainly a dub.

Kevin
emersonbiggins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgm_72 wrote:

Did you drive up?
A friend and I were headed there when the engine locked up in her single cab. Spent most of the day getting that taken care of but we finally got to Lincoln just after 3. We sat in the parking lot talking with people from Lincoln then headed back.
Now the single cab needs a new motor before the GCCK show.
kevinh94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jay you put GCCG in the Title. Not big deal or nothing just don't want people to get confused. Like we are talking about Kansas and the name has G in it. They may think Georgia? Maybe not? Embarassed
jgm_72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you didnt hear the g is silent, gkansas. yea i saw that the next day. emmerson, we left at about 3. we talked to matt biggs, he said you guys had a problems. glad you made it up finally. our kids, not to mension us, were getting tired and hungry so we hit up b.k. for lunch then headed home. we had a good time, i really like matts bus, and that early 23 window!! thats a awesome bus. what time are you figuring on making it in friday nite?
ScrapJunkie
(O\U|U/O)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So uh...less then 2 weeks! Sounds like this year's gonna be killer! Oh, and Jay...fix the title of the thread!!! Haha. I'll have a look around and see if I can find those tentpoles before the show. I hope the Topeka crew is planning on coming down again, I know they were talking about it.

Off-topic... Jay, are you and Eric still planning on going to Tulsa? I'm gonna try to fix my Jhetto today, then I'll be down to roll out with you guys too. Nothing like a couple watercooled Vws going to an aircooled show.... Rolling Eyes Hehe.

Oh yea, and if anyone's in the area, GO TO THIS SHOW!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: