Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CIP1 Urethane Trailing Arm Bushings - Yes or No?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject: CIP1 Urethane Trailing Arm Bushings - Yes or No? Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone has used the urethane trailing arm bushings from CIP1? I couldn’t find any mention of them in the forum. I was installing the standard rubber type bushings but accidentally destroyed one of them in the press. I was shocked that they’re $70 for a set (although I only need 1). Was considering the urethane since they’re less than $23 for all 4. Recently laid off, so saving money is good, but at the same time I don’t mind spending extra for the right parts. Thanks.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
kenj06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Urethane Trailing Arm Bushings - Yes or No? Reply with quote

If you are talking about ACC-C10-4300, I've been running them about 5 yrs and they still looked fine when I checked them in the winter.
I've had no problem with them at all. I didn't use a press to install them, they are split so you install from each side with the sleeve.
Good news, the price is about $1 lower than I paid then.
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Urethane Trailing Arm Bushings - Yes or No? Reply with quote

kenj06 wrote:
If you are talking about ACC-C10-4300, I've been running them about 5 yrs and they still looked fine when I checked them in the winter.
I've had no problem with them at all. I didn't use a press to install them, they are split so you install from each side with the sleeve.
Good news, the price is about $1 lower than I paid then.

That’s them. JBugs has them cheaper at $18.95, plus I have a $10 coupon so I’m gonna grab them. The metal ‘cups’ in my trailing arms are still in good shape so these should work out OK. I read in one of the product reviews to apply silicone grease to them when installing. Is that right? I don’t see why since it is not a moving part and it is supposed to stay stationary in the arm. Thanks. I’m hoping to get my Thing back on all four wheels in the next week or two so I can tow it home to work on it. I have seven year old twins and I figure it would be kind of fun for them to see what a car looks like in a million pieces.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
kenj06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: CIP1 Urethane Trailing Arm Bushings - Yes or No? Reply with quote

It is a pivot point and see how it could squeak without a lubricant. I think used silicone brake grease on them and haven't heard any squeaking from mine when I bounce on the bumper. No way I'd hear it while driving with as noisy the Thing is and my diminished hearing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: