Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jay Brown - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: thatvwbusguy
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 13, 2024
wgargan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Jay Brown - [email protected] Reply with quote

headlight relay kit
Great seller and great product. the 30$ including shipping was worth it. Highly recomended

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=793102

1983.5 Watercooled Vanagon 'L' Automatic transmission
Home Team Van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very pleased with my relay kit from Jay. Easy to install with the included instructions. Fast shipping and good communication too.

Frank

82 Diesel Westy
becida
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Headlight relay kit Reply with quote

I just ordered and received my relay kit. It's fine piece of workmanship all around and a great value to boot.
Timely service, a quality product and a great value. What more could you ask for?
I would recommend Jay to anyone.

Rob
saxon9598
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased with Jay's relay kit . Easy to install, Fast shipping and clear non confusing step by step instructions..... a must have
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Head Light Relay Kit Reply with quote

Just wanted to give Props to Jay (thatvwbusguy) and his headlight relay kit. It was the best 20 minutes that I've spent upgrading my 1985 Westy! Super easy to install and everything is plug and play.

Thanks again Jay!

Chris

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1007337
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paddyh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the headlight relay kit for our 81(close to a yr ago). That said, after the fuel lines and proper load rated tires this is in the top three best purchases for the Big Orange Brick...thanks!
shmcquilkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Hard start relay Reply with quote

Fantastic quality all around. It's a rare thing these days to see craftsmanship in just the smallest items, but it's clear that he cares and has much pride in his production work.

Timely communication. Speedy shipping. Well-packed and wrapped. Perfect instructions. All necessary parts (including mounting screw and multiple zip ties) included. Shrink-wrapped and reinforced/heat shielded wires. Thick connectors. German relay.

I look fwd to more products from Jay. No qualms, with my highest recommendation.
2016 MB E63 AMG Estate
2019 VW Alltrack

-Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
taygan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: excellent product, fabulous customer service. Reply with quote

The headlight relays are well made, with clear instructions. Fast shipping and EXCELLENT customer service.

I especially like how the wires are color coded to my Vanagon.

These make a HUGE difference in headlight brightness.

My '82 diesel Westfalia had a full fuse block, which added a little surprise. Jay was superfast with email support, and popped a couple extra jumpers out in the mail right away. A+!
90 1.6NA Jetta (crushed)
91 1.6Eco Jetta
94 1.6TD FrankenJetta (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
poco.loco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Superb Quality and Customer Service! Beetle-Compatible! Reply with quote

Jay's relay is top notch quality workmanship.

It works well not only with the vanagon but also with the type 1.

On my 79 superbeetle, it was simple plug-and-play under the rear seat. There is no need to drill as you can ground the relay to the same ground as your rear defroster relay. In less than 5 minutes, the relay was connected and - eureka! - revived my ailing starter motor!

Finally, Jay's customer service is unmatched! Super friendly communication and extra fast shipping!
stormforge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent quality at a very reasonable price! Very professional harness with proper heat-shrink, good soldering, nice mesh sleeving and good installation instructions.

-Bill
snoslidr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to create an account just to leave some feedback for Jay!

I'm a complete novice at wiring, but his instructions along with his super quality relays made it easy. Color coded wires, heat shrink tubing on couplers, alcohol wipe for cleaning the surface to stick the relays which have a 3m backing... all came with it and it came across the country in no time. I had a tricky situation where the grounds were all used up and he offered a solution in no time via email. I can't tell you how happy i am when I spend my carefully hoarded pennies and the experience like mine is so perfect.

I'm surprised the kit didn't come with a little dinner mint! Razz

Totally recommend him and suggest you do business with him.
Tim MacDonald
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jay

Really fast shipping to Canada and the product looks great,6v hard start relay.Now just have to install it.
57 oval project barn find
88 cabriolet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sc1out
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Hard Start Relay kit from Jay Brown and I could not be more pleased or impressed with the kit and the customer service.
The product is very well manufactured and the instructions are clear and precise.
My email questions were answered very quickly.
One of the most satisfying internet purchases ever!. Highly recommended.
Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought a "Whole Kit & Caboodle" kit from Jay for our Vanagon headlights and hard start relay and couldn't be happier with things.
He answered all my questions quickly, shipped the parts out fast, and they were expertly packaged and complete, ready for easy installation.
The instructions included in both kits was idiot-proof (Trust me here Cool )
The quality of the relay kits was better than I expected and the quality of his work is first rate. Very impressive stuff, thanks Jay.
sc1out
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Headlight Relay Kit for 84 Vanagon Reply with quote

Ordered a Headlight Relay Kit on 9/21/11 from Jay. It arrived today, 9/24/11. The kit is high quality and professionally assembled. The instructions were clear, concise, and accurate. But then I have come to expect that from Jay. Previously I had ordered and installed a Hot Start Relay Kit of the same quality. Highly recommend these products.
GBA 88West LA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta give props where props are due, all of jays kits are quality products, easy to install , quickly shipped and confirmed and jay backs it with tech advice...im not the best with electrical these kits are so user friendly , i actually worked up the courage to install a aux battery after installing his sa kit/ starter relay kit & ignition kit...110% recommendation
rubbachicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you jay

lucy's BIG adventure

meet 'burni'

markswagen {mobile mechanic} san diego area all early VW's cared for.

619 201 0310 or 617 935 4182
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very impressed with execution of the Vanagon starter relay kit, packaging and instructions. Excellent!
conrad1468
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the Hard Start relay for a 68 and on Beetle. The wiring harness is great. Nice heat shrunk on the connector ends and nice shielding on the wires.

Top notch quality!!

Easy to follow instructions and really is plug N play since the relay only hooks up one way since he made the wiring harness correct.

Very fast shipping!!! great communication!! I would definitely buy from him again.
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FreshAirVWCarClub/info
thesamba link
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=363031
Official website
http://www.freshaircarclub.com/
Look us up on Facebook, too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
type2tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: 6 Volt Hard Start satisfaction! Reply with quote

The wiring harness works beautifully! Thanks, Jay!

Bus Love: http://storiesoflifeandadventurewiththevwbus.blogspot.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: