Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Value of 53 Barndoor front and rear seats?
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
avery's air cooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Value of 53 Barndoor front and rear seats? Reply with quote

Need some help with a value. Just aquired a complete 53 barndoor front seat assy in pretty nice condition, in part of a large purchase of early busses and parts. The bottom has some rust through in the tube frame but springs are mostly solid with just a couple broken springs. It has the large round springs with no zigzags and the two little posts. The backrest is nice with no rot. The original upholstery is still intact but very dirty.

We also got the matching rear seat from the same bus. The lower section has the welded center leg and the same big round springs and is nice and solid. The upholstery matches the front seats. The backrest is a little worse off the upholstery is all there but the tubular frame has rotted off in one corner. The rest looks pretty good. It has the two mounting tabs on the bottom to hold it into the bus. We are going to get these cleaned up and take some pictures, and Yes they are for sale. I am at a loss as to their value due to the rarety of these seats. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
Avery's Air Cooled
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put them on ebay and let the market decide...

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
avery's air cooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: 53 Barndoor seats Reply with quote

Just posted a large number of pics in the barndoor section of the gallery of the seats. They are brown in color with black piping. I believe they came out of a deluxe, but I am not sure.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not barndoor deluxe.
Thet could be barndoor standard seats or 55-56 deluxe seats based on the color of the main fabric.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Barndoor deluxe buses would have black material with red piping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i'd say up to 53 Barndoor Standard seats.
interior panel armrests are (pre-oval) split beetle armrests (grip hole both top & bottom).

as you say, the rear seat backrest has the 2 lower edge prongs, confirming them as pre-55 Barndoor seats.
frikendelicious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are correct for a up to 1955 Microbus in the colors L75 and L76 (Brown beige and Light beige). Panels are correct for a barndoor, not for a later bus! The armrest is not the splitwindow bug type (solid) as used on barndoors up to approx the end of 52...That means correct for 53 till 55...
I reckon the 53 they came out was a Microbus in these colors...

jeroen
avery's air cooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: 53 Barndoor seats Reply with quote

Hello all, Thanks for all the private messages, can't figure out a price on these so went ahead and took the most common advise I got and put them up on Ebay. I guess this will hopefully establish some kind of current price for everyone to go by. For everyone interested in these seats, please feel free to bid and if anyone needs a better picture of anything just ask. Thanks again,
Avery's
Jake Martinez
The VW Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like like the ebay idea ...let the market decide..
65 bug
67 standard

zombie wrote:
buslife wrote:

10 inch narrowed beam

Congrats, that's going to look like shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
avery's air cooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: 53 Barndoor seats Reply with quote

Here is the links to the seats. I listed them seperately because I know there are some of you only interested in one or the other.

The front seat link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250503999733

The rear seat link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250503996288

Thanks again,
Avery's
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: