Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sunroof, Metal Slider 101
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof, Metal Slider 101 Reply with quote

Mine is going pretty well soo far.
Question:
How the heck do I get the overspray from the spray 90 adhesive from the headliner and seals off of my paint? I would imagine wd-40?
Especially the felt seals around the edges!! Ugh. Maybe goo gone?
1776cc, CB crank, CB 2241 cam, CB light lifters, CB H-beam rods, CB light flywheel, Mahle forged pistons, A1 Sidewinder exhaust, Dellorto drla 40’s, Hoover modded case, fully balanced, fully flowed, heads by www.type-emotorsports.com, Air ride suspension by https://www.airkewld.com/?Click=3989
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof, Metal Slider 101 Reply with quote

Ok. Fantastic thread and my sunroof is now rebuilt with new cables and works like a dream thanks Very Happy

But.

I’m still struggling with the seals: position / orientation / how they attach / etc. Maybe the photobucket links don’t help but I can only see the diagram for the rear rubber seal on page 2. I believe there should also be a felt seal front and back - but do these go on the sunroof or the car? And how should they look when glued on?

The previous owner removed all the seals so I have nothing to reference. Any help gratefully received thanks.

Ben
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof, Metal Slider 101 Reply with quote

Scrap that. I kept searching Embarassed

I’ll add the link here because then I think everything to do with a steel sunroof is covered.

Thanks all

Ben

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=700777&highlight=sunroof+felt+seals
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof, Metal Slider 101 Reply with quote

Nice thread! Good info.

Ambulance Fan's. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627707&highlight=

Parts i am looking for:
64 bug nice used front/rear Black LHD floor mat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NachoCar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunroof, Metal Slider 101 Reply with quote

Anyone have any input between the EIS cables (no fabric intertwined) and the WolfsburgWest Cables (fabric/something intertwined)?

I am sure the original cables are superior but after shelling out much cash for some that broke during install, I purchased WW ones. They are a tad stiff.

Going to use the broken cable in drill to try and clean/hone metal corner tubes as they appear the tightest points.

Thanks

p.s. There are some Chinese repo's on Ebay by JP Group that do not have whatever intertwined but at $69 a pop I'd rather go for ones M&T manufacturing states are EIS.
garethevans92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sunroof, Metal Slider 101 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I’m trying to locate a replacement ‘countersunk bolt’ to attach the sunroof winder handle to the mechanism, mine seems to have gone walk-about… I can find the part number on the WW website (313877471) shown as part 16 in their diagrams - see link below.
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=313877471

My only problem is I cannot find this part at all in the UK from the usual places (VW Heritage/Custom&Commercial/Autocraft etc), or classifieds. The only item on eBay is from Latvia and I can’t bring myself to pay £8.70 for one small bolt!

Before I buy a stupidly expensive bolt and wait weeks for it to arrive, has anyone got any idea where I can buy one, or one laying around they don’t need?!

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: