Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original Engine Traders Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Original Engine Traders Thread Reply with quote

Well thought I would post this Engine up here. Seems to fall between
April and May of 1959. I took this engine out of a 53 Zwitter I had which was incorrect and has just been sitting under my work bench for several years in case something comes up Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Douglas Denlinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Original Engine Traders Thread Reply with quote

Would like to find for a 60...... 5 073 407 thru 5 157 563.

Thanks any help GREATLY appreciated!!

Active 23 Window Samba Collector/Restorer,since 1986
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Original Engine Traders Thread Reply with quote

Be careful buying any motor represented by serial number..the file of engines and VINS is not secure, so if someone has laid there hands On it it’s easy to make an engine to a number spec.

Verify parts, progressive refinements etc.
mdege
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Original Engine Traders Thread Reply with quote

Just a short note on re-stamping. To give you an insight why VW used to re-stamp replacement engines.

In Germany the shops were required to re-stamp the cases before engine codes were introduced, because that was the only way for the inspection guys to tell if the right engine was installed in the car.

These days all you need is the correct engine code on the case.

Any change of engine to a different engine type must be recorded. The engine size, hp and emission standard have influence on the taxes and the insurance premiums you pay.

1965 21F: Restoration of a former '65 firetruck
1963 Typ3 Notchback project
1988 Multivan Magnum 112i
1984 Standard: My son wanted a bug for his first car
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Looking for a specific engine. Reply with quote

My '63 Bus was originally titled using the engine number instead of the chassis number. I know it's a super long shot, but since I have the info, I thought it would be cool to see if I can find the original engine (or at least the case).

Anyone happen to have engine number 0243487 lying around?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a specific engine. Reply with quote

Thompson2 wrote:
My '63 Bus was originally titled using the engine number instead of the chassis number. I know it's a super long shot, but since I have the info, I thought it would be cool to see if I can find the original engine (or at least the case).

Anyone happen to have engine number 0243487 lying around?

Thanks!

Someone will soon.

Surprised
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Jump to:
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: