Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

wiring diagrams
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
10 A C N
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: wiring diagrams Reply with quote

I tried a search but can't seem to get anything back. Just need to know how to word the search so I can look at 69 wiring diagram
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on "Technical" above, then go to wiring. Wink
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
10 A C N
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response . Just what I needed
Smithy
Samba Smithy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved the wiring diagram to a file and then took the file to Kinko's and had it printed and laminated. I can trace wires using a felt tip marker and then wipe the diagram off after I am done. Makes life much easier.

When I went to Kinkos , the guy behind the counter asked what type of car it was for. I told him that I refurbished air cooled VW's. He told me he is rebuilding and old car and liked my idea so much that, unknown to me, he blew up the wiring diagram about 1 1/2 times and printed it on a banner. It is hanging on my garage wall and is much easier to see and trace circuits. The best part was that when I went back to pick the stuff up, he gave me the banner at no charge Smile.

Dyslexic rebel, I beats to the drum of a different march.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bierboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithy wrote:
...When I went to Kinkos , the guy behind the counter asked what type of car it was for.....

You mean, at the top of the diagram, where it says "1969-71 Beetle", that didn't tip him off?

Very Happy
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithy wrote:
I saved the wiring diagram to a file and then took the file to Kinko's and had it printed and laminated. I can trace wires using a felt tip marker and then wipe the diagram off after I am done. Makes life much easier.

When I went to Kinkos , the guy behind the counter asked what type of car it was for. I told him that I refurbished air cooled VW's. He told me he is rebuilding and old car and liked my idea so much that, unknown to me, he blew up the wiring diagram about 1 1/2 times and printed it on a banner. It is hanging on my garage wall and is much easier to see and trace circuits. The best part was that when I went back to pick the stuff up, he gave me the banner at no charge Smile.

I did close to the same thing Ted. I used a copier that is designed for blueprints to enlarge my diagrams then I used cheapo plastic poster frames from Wally World to hang them in my garage.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: