Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

shocked---by back of tachometer
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValleyHappy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: shocked---by back of tachometer Reply with quote

Does it make sense that I get shocked by feeling around with the cluster lid pulled, while the motor is running? I seem to get a zap from the back of the tachometer area. Could this be an indicator of a bad ground?
mightyart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: shocked---by back of tachometer Reply with quote

ValleyHappy wrote:
Does it make sense that I get shocked by feeling around with the cluster lid pulled, while the motor is running?

Yes, why you digging around in there with the motor running, or the battery connected for that matter?
ValleyHappy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks art. I am stilling working on this oil buzzer issue and just pulled the lid the other day to see if some feeling around of the connectors would cause it to shut off. Got a little zap in the process. My tach has operated really erradically and sometimes just likes to sit at 4K. Thanks for the heads up. Won't do that anymore.
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://vincewaldon.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=28

Although, not vanagon specific, the vanagon system is exactly the same other than the sender locations.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: