Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reproduction Cargo Floor Mats - interest?
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reproduction Cargo Floor Mats - interest? Reply with quote

to my knowledge ,nobody is making a full cargo floor mat as one piece. WW makes a later one in 2 pieces glued together. one size fits all.

I know of someone that is working on the making of both barndoor and 55-67 mats as original. a nice quality and detailed to match originals.

this is an attempt at checking if anyone is willing to spend the coin for the right thing for your restoration. i cant think of too many people who are restoring barndoors to potentially make this happen.so i am checking on here to see what you have to say

these mats may never make it to production if there is not enough honest interest. the potential cost will be around 400-500 . sounds like a lot but considering the cost of other barndoor parts of smaller caliber,im ready to buy one if it was available.i need one!

any thoughts?who is willing to spend that much for the right cargo mat?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy one MaHk, if it's as Kosher as can be and ass long as its not coming from that midget! Don't like dealing with IT !!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nvega
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take one..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be, but i have mine
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
I'll buy one MaHk, if it's as Kosher as can be and ass long as its not coming from that midget! Don't like dealing with IT !!!!

x2

i would buy one as long as i could pay with scheckels.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjlux
Mr. No Show

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy one too holmes.....$$$$$$$
krusher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post on the

http://www.ssvc.ukshells.co.uk/phpbb/

as there are surposed to be over a 100 bd's in the uk now.

Oh and whats the one here at the bottom of the page?

http://www.vw-online.co.uk/acatalog/Karmann_Konnection_Ritchies_Rare_Stuff_19.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BeaterBarndoor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith
ill see about posting on euro sites too .i just figured majority of vw folks frequent thesamba anyway.

these mats are not in production yet.this is why im testing the waters to see really who would be up for buying one at that price.as well as how many people are willing.

i am not making these, im just getting the word out for the person who is thinking about making them

i have a feeling this may be a lost cause though,much like those folks who made those hurst bumper sets when everyone claimed they would buy them until they were finished and suddenly the price was "too high" to bother buying them.

i have seen the ad in KK for the front mat, and there is another person making barndoor fronts as well. these mats im talking about are the rear floor mats.

thanks for the input so far.

keith, since i dont frequent the SSVC forums often,any idea what section would be the ideal one to post in ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barnjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a bit of interest on the Barndoor Division FB page when one went up for sale
Is there a chance that these can still be made ???

54 rhd Judson super narrowed

BDM Wannabe
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Franz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'd like one too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take one if they were nice.
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'd take one
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHD Question

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was just one universal mat version produced for both rhd and lhd (or maybe more correctly 'rh cargo doors or lh cargo doors')

However, each mat looks like it was then hand-snipped on the cargo door side, front and rear corners, to accommodate the b-post and c-post. Ie a small rectangular section removed front & rear.

The c-post cut-out is longer than the b-post cut-out. The square strengthening ribs on the back finish early (different front & back) to allow for these cuts. And I guess this fade-out detail is mirrored on the opposite side (just not been cut-out).

It also looks like the cargo mats were hand-snipped on the rear edge, 2 straight cuts, to allow for the 2 heater log uprights.

So a repro mat could be made universal, with the purchaser to make the appropriate snips to match their bus' cargo door position.

For the record, the 4 small middle leg fixing holes on the BD mat look handcut too.

The part number seems to be found front middle, or rear middle. I'm thinking this variation is down to the manufacturer (Phoenix, Continental, or Fisco?) placement, as opposed to a 180 degree rotation of the mat.

Very little difference with a later cargo mat...which just has 4 larger (machine cut) holes for the middle seat fixing...and a different part number (221...)?

Feel free to verify/correct the above
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info', RockStock.

I'd be interested in front and rear mats for my RHD '54 Kombi. Smile

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theGoldenBlechie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too...
Like to have front and rear mats for my 55 Barnie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several BDs that need mats, front and rears....who is going to do this???who is thinking of doing this????if no one steps up, I might have a go at it....there are a shitload of rubber parts manufacturers near my shop in Bogota.......maybe it's time....

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........

Last edited by Gerson on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerson wrote:
I have several BDs that need mats, front an rears....who is going to do this???who is thinking of doing this????if no one steps up, I might have a go at it....there are a shitload of rubber parts manufacturers near my shop in Bogota.......maybe its time....

DO IT GERSON!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gerson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if no one steps up to the plate in the next week or so, I'm on it....I'm tired of looking for these mats.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

we (klassicfab) make the funky green panels...........
low54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was me that sold the OG one on facebook and to be honest I would by a repro if one was available.
I was always worrying with a original matt when camping and using the van to haul stuff around in that it would get damaged.
Gerson pm me if you need any measurements as the matt is still with me at the moment.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: