Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dead Water Pump- What Else to Check?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Dead Water Pump- What Else to Check? Reply with quote

So I recently finished a great long trip through the Southwest. No problems, just a few sips of fluids and an oil change.

BUT now:

Heard a squealing belt a couple blocks from my parents' house. Idiot light for battery on, so my conclusion is the alternator belt. Took a look, and the banshee was the alternator belt not moving. Loosened the belt and took a brush to clean out the crud on the water pump pulley. The pulley would not turn a complete circle, getting really stuck.

So it looks like a call to VC for a new water pump. This one has about 40K miles. Any ideas what may have caused this other than simple failure? Anything else I should check while I wait? It also recently started leaking some coolant, probably from the pump, but not sure.
heidi85ho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Dead Water Pump- What Else to Check? Reply with quote

Check out this thread for some chat on wp failures.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=651168&highlight=water+pump+failure
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: