Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jump Seat Side Panel Part# 253 887 482
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbeta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Jump Seat Side Panel Part# 253 887 482 Reply with quote

Hey all

I did a search for the part # and 'jump seat panel' as i'm seaking a replacement, or parts.

I have a jumpseat in my 1987 Westfalia. I guess it was an option, and the original purchaser had it installed, or...who knows?

anyway - i have 2 panels. one is cracked on the back, and some of the plastic rivets and plugs are broken.

So: i need some plastic rivets/plugs. these aren't the same as for door panels -they are a flat quarter shape at one end and dont have hooks.

As for the panels: I presume there isn't any NOS for these, and i have to repair them - any thoughts on recovering? the grey textured vinyl is worn off in places, and i would love a match to the rest of the panels. of course if there is someone selling some in really good shape, i might be interested ;-P

thanks and cheers!!

chris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would attempt a plastic repair of the panel and then take them to an upholsterer to recover them. I tried to do it myself and it didn't work out like I'd hoped. I generally don't use them anyway, but still would have been nice had they turned out right. Good luck.
Bercilak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

You might be able to get replacement pieces from Interstate Used Parts. It's not their usual type of part, but I'd bet they have a van with the pieces you want sitting in their yard.

Call 'em and see ~ they're located in Lake Elsinore about an hour SE of Orange county.

http://www.interstateusedparts.com/

Best,

B.
madspaniard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1621 wrote:
I would attempt a plastic repair of the panel and then take them to an upholsterer to recover them.

I repaired mine with fiberglass/epoxy and sent them to an upholsterer. Turned out great. All in black, great with gray interior.

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad” - Salvador Dali
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: