Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

Still can't really believe they turned this: (does anyone know if this was truly an original paint 1962 Turkis Standard?)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

into this:

I guess I'm just not the biggest fan. If the Light Bus was going to get driven or actually used instead of trailered and auctioned off or put in a museum, then maybe, just maybe I'd be okay with it.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

Agree totally. Why ruin one thing of beauty to create another?

There’s tons of buses out there that have already been repainted or need painted that would have benefited from being made into the clone.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

Logo's are played out. There I said it.

I appreciate an original logo'd bus but there's so many faking the funk out there its embarrassing. I logo'd a truck I had quite a few years ago but I wasn't parading it around as an original like I see a lot nowadays.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

type2rescuemaine wrote:
Still can't really believe they turned this: (does anyone know if this was truly an original paint 1962 Turkis Standard?)

I thought the same thing when I saw they were going to use that bus, looked crazy nice before.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

I just read the article in this months VW magazine (can't recall which one) and it has the Light bus in the upper right corner of the cover, they insured it for 2 Million. Shocked Shocked

What would that cost annually? Crazy.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
I just read the article in this months VW magazine (can't recall which one) and it has the Light bus in the upper right corner of the cover, they insured it for 2 Million. Shocked Shocked

What would that cost annually? Crazy.

a pound of dirt weed. 2 million is stupid for that bus,even 20k is pushing it.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

I'd give them two million counterfeit for their counterfeit Bus.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

After all this time, I still don't get it...

Take it back to the türkis, and you'll be that much closer in value - though still way off - of that 2 million mark...

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

$2M? Sounds like an insurance scam waiting to happen
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

It sounds like the people involved with this bus are just as stoned today as they were during the original Woodstock festival.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:
It sounds like the people involved with this bus are just as stoned today as they were during the original Woodstock festival.

Hey, man, why you harshing the vibe??

And yeah, I see a rollover or garage fire in this insurance policy's future...

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

Glad you cleaned up this thread Everett. I have not seen any update to the replica bus other than visiting the Woodstock museum a few weeks ago and seeing these pictures. So glad my mom said "no way are you going to there". I only get my hands dirty turning wrenches Wink

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
Mberglo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: The Hieronimus Woodstock Bus Reply with quote

The bus is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, next to the Jimi Hendrix exhibit. Very cool.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: