Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fe Buggy
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: VWeep Reply with quote

There was a posting recently in the Other VW forum that mentioned these.

I read some other posts and saw there was a guy with the user name of TxEagle who briefly came on the Samba back in 2011. He said his father owned the company that made the VWeeps in Tucson. He said there were only 5 made and one raced in the Baja 500. I've also read a post by a former owner that they were only made for two years.

I actually like its lines, the front looks a bit sleeker than a Sportster or Burro. It also has some small doors. I'd love to see someone try to replicate it from the photos and line drawing, with the same construction the Burro and Dave Barrett used on the KubelLite, a steel framework skinned with aluminum sheet.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy Reply with quote

Thought id bring this back up for the great info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy Reply with quote

Wish one would show up again
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy Reply with quote

I read on line about a couple of guys in Nebraska that came across one from somewhere..Ebay?? around 2011. Long story short, the son of the man that built these was on the hunt for one; and these guys in Nebraska sold it to him.
I have tried to contact the guys in Nebraska to see if they had a name of the son to see if we could get some background on the build. The son posted on this site in 2011 looking for a vweep. Some how they got together and he took posession, I researched this site and found the posting from the guy in Texas who was looking. I attempted a email to Texas and Nebraska; but have not received an answer from either one.

We were all fortunate that the Crawford family joined this site.
I hope we get lucky with the VWeep family.

Thank you BL3Manx for all of your years of taking interest in our hobby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bs bob 41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy I have one and will be selling soon. Bob Reply with quote

johnnyniceguy wrote:
I read on line about a couple of guys in Nebraska that came across one from somewhere..Ebay?? around 2011. Long story short, the son of the man that built these was on the hunt for one; and these guys in Nebraska sold it to him.
I have tried to contact the guys in Nebraska to see if they had a name of the son to see if we could get some background on the build. The son posted on this site in 2011 looking for a vweep. Some how they got together and he took posession, I researched this site and found the posting from the guy in Texas who was looking. I attempted a email to Texas and Nebraska; but have not received an answer from either one.

We were all fortunate that the Crawford family joined this site.
I hope we get lucky with the VWeep family.

Thank you BL3Manx for all of your years of taking interest in our hobby.
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy Reply with quote

Bob, where are you going to list it?

I'd love to see some pictures
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy Reply with quote

Bobs Vweep is in the classifieds today $2500
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fe Buggy Reply with quote

Storied Baja 500 Race VWeep

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: