Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

RIP Dave Clark of Plant City (Sundance Bug and Buggy)12-9-09
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raildawg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: RIP Dave Clark of Plant City (Sundance Bug and Buggy)12-9-09 Reply with quote

A good friend has passed away on 12-09-09 @ 2:30am and will be missed by many . If you ever had a chance to meet or talk to Dave Clark you know what a great person he was . He was in with the VW's since way back . I'm sure he is in a better place now.

For more info some posted here: http://tampabaydunebuggy.forumotion.com/accidents-...y-t225.htm

Check out the local Tampa Bay Area site for all VW freaks: www.tampavw.net
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71Super4Rio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: RIP Dave Clark of Plant City (Sundance Bug and Buggy)12- Reply with quote

Sad to hear, I used to live minutes from his place when I lived in Dover, spent some $$$$ on my 71 Super in that place. Dave was a great guy. RIP.

Raildawg wrote:
A good friend has passed away on 12-09-09 @ 2:30am and will be missed by many . If you ever had a chance to meet or talk to Dave Clark you know what a great person he was . He was in with the VW's since way back . I'm sure he is in a better place now.

For more info some posted here: http://tampabaydunebuggy.forumotion.com/accidents-...y-t225.htm

"It takes many years and experiance for a man to get comfortable in his own skin."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, terrible news. I was just over there not to long ago talking to him. He was closing up early to go tend to his wife who was having health problems at the time.

Big loss to the vw world.

RIP
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ghiaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP

Dave was a great guy and will truly be missed. Crying or Very sad

Karmann Ghia & Beetle parts available.
Convertible tops installed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Sad to hear!
We wish his family our thoughts and prayers.

A true loss to our VW World!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HERBIEMANIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Sad news Reply with quote

Dave was a great guy and a huge asset to the VW community. He was always willing to help out. He will be greatly missed. He's also been a great supporter of the Bug Jam since we started in back in 1989. I've heard that no public funeral services are scheduled for Dave. There has also been talk of a VW memorial cruise in his honor. I think it would be a great idea.
My prayers go out to his family.
tom62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye my friend, may you Rest In Peace
my prayers are with your family
mech361
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ,indeed, sad news. Dave was a great guy to do business with, always very helpful. My prayers go out to his family.
Clyde Maddox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought tons of stuff from him, didn't need to ask about price, 'cause I knew he was always a fair man. This is a huge loss to the Florida scene. My prayers are with his wife and family.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
COPTEC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more thoughts on a memorial run in honor of Dave ? I know everybody wanted to get passed the holidays.
Clyde Maddox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not living in Florida anymore, but common sense tells me to tie the cruise to a big event, such as BugJam. Far as I know, it was the last event he was supposed to attend, but missed 'cause he was in the hospital.

just my .02
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we are in full swing in VW event season here in Florida, so I'm sure someone can get something together. I never shopped there so I never met him, but he definitely had a reputation as a stand up guy in the VW world.
cbrann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got to go to his shop a few times but got to talk with him for awhile when there he was a great guy always honest and fair about his stuff. A memorial run would definatly be a good idea
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very sad situation. I remember going to see Dave after being warned that he had a bit of a temper. I was a VW newbie and Dave could have done a lot of eye-rolling with my entry level questions..., but he never did. A completely class act. He also was brilliant when we brought our little girl to his shop.

RIP buddy. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: