Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Tools w/photos
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

This wrench is not useful for cars with metric parts/screws/nuts...
So no tool for VW, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, etc..
Beside export by Hazet there are in Germany also imported cars and with non metric standards the US and British military after WWII.

Hazet delivers beside its metric tools
also tools for the US American imperial system (sets named with an "A" as the tool cabinet "100 A" version) and
till end 1970s the British Imperial range (sets named with an "W" for Whitworth - the oldest of these standards).

This size 3/4 x 5/8 was available in both A and W - not sure if they have the same size, because Whitworth works with the old inner side dimension of pipes or something curios... the material for pipes has improved and become thinner, so that the dimensions no longer fit anything easily measurable...

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Local treasure spot paid off again today.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

3/4” and 5/8” little a 450.

So Porsche 356s came in English? :)
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Very Cool to have NOS.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello again everyone,

HAZET 757-10 Universal grip pliers (1958-today)
This version is from the 1970s after 1965 because of the capitalization of the brand but with the blue handle - later they had a black handle, today without a plastic cover. With package and wax paper with the 1970s mascot.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Put this 779 to work a few days ago - smoothest ball-joint separator I've ever used.

"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Are new tools welcome in this thread? I had gotten by with Metrinch tools for years, but finally upgraded to proper wrenches. I round less stuff off now Razz

-Joe
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

HAZET 8816 G reversible 3/8" ratchet with joint and 40 teeth (1967-1972).
From 1976 onwards with a black rubber handle and later other handles and versions.
This ratchet used for 2505-1 or 880 TZ spark plug inserts as an option for workshop equipment for air-cooled VWs in the 1970s.
There was also a shorter version available HAZET 8816 GK.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone and welcome to 2024,

HAZET CL3012 - mechanic rubber duck in overalls with a wrench on the right and a screwdriver (according to the manufacturer) on the left.

Not particularly old and only from the period 2020-2022 - but already very difficult to find.
In addition to this "CL3012", there was also a "CL3011" version before it with a wrench on the right and a spare tire on the left... I'm still looking for that.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
Pau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Vielen Dankt RS. Been looking your site. Ich dürfte mein Deutsch wieder werken!

I feel like someone saying that he has a split bus and in fact he has a baywindow… that's OK for me. Between 76 and 79. We have the same age!

That will be a funny closet.

Thank you!
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hallo Pau,
Pau wrote:
Can we say it is a 1958 as well?

Your HAZET 110 is a late model from past 1976 (your higher placed left screw driver - until then these were on the same level) and
before 1979 (than omitted inscription "CHROM VANADIUM").
Nice find... enjoy it.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Quote:
But while the small knob wood handle is stained reddish, the main handle is colored more brown - maybe it was replaced.
In the catalog picture I would rather type the same color as the files - so light wood in a natural color?

I would think the long handle is original, and is just stained brown by grease and dirt over the years. I think the knob is a replacement; not only does it appear to be a different shape than the one in the picture, it's shaped like a hand plane front knob. Hand plane knobs were often a cheaper wood stained a reddish color to make them resemble rosewood.

Also - I don't think Hazet tools ever used real rosewood, but be very careful shipping them overseas if they do; they are subject to being seized and destroyed at Customs unless very specific rules are followed.
-Robert Williams
Pau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

wow! Hello. Just saw it was a topic only for hazet tools...

(sorry rsbadura, I can't answer your question)

On sunday I got this toolcase in a small local flea-market. Very straight but missing key (and tools, of course).

There were some stupid scripts (5 words, 3 misspellings!) and a penis ejaculating... Shocked Luckily I could erase them without endamaging original painting too much.

Curious to see Allan Buc posting similar pictures just 2 months ago.

Can we say it is a 1958 as well?

Thank you.
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

maybe there is someone here who can help:
what were the original colors of the early bodywork file around 1950? Does anyone have a colored comparison picture?

In the 1950 and 1951 catalogs, the body file in the large Hazet 100 tool cabinet is still without a Hazet order number,
and has a different shape than the one from 1952, which is then made of metal without wooden handles - first known as Hazet 1910, then from 1954 as Hazet 1934 (see photos below).

Unfortunately, so far I only have these black and white pictures from the 1950 and 1951 catalogs and I'm not sure how to restore them:

I recognize the typical light blue color on many metal parts.
But while the small knob wood handle is stained reddish, the main handle is colored more brown - maybe it was replaced.
In the catalog picture I would rather type the same color as the files - so light wood in a natural color?
Does anyone have a tip - or even a colored comparison picture?

my later historical Hazet 1934 bodywork files - later ones since the 1990s have black handles:
(the screw is used to adjust/bend the file into convex/concave shape)

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Just got a 1850-22 plyers for my 2500 E-2 tool box. These are getting to be more popular, expensive and harder to find in good condition. I needed the 22 for my 1965 version as seen in the catalog. By the 1967 catalog for Hazet the Type 3 tool box is no longer listed.

Funny thing as well, the other tool box I have its version is not listed anywhere. The 1963 version is the first type seen with its unique build and Styrofoam tool holder and flocked coating.

So where does the odd version fit in? 1964 - before the see version in the catalog, along side the 1965 version - just not listed or maybe after 1965 for 66 and not listed??

Fun to wonder indeed.

Anyway, big shout out to Corey Bloom for putting this bug about the plyers in my head years ago when he went down the Tourist 2 Rabbit hole. I thought I had the right stuff, but careful reading, searching and listening to him concluded I did not. It took me after selling what I had and re-acquiring new boxes to scratch that itch.

So the pics of the modern 1850 version, the version with and with out the grips that are the 1850-2 and 1850-22 versions of the 6" plyers.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello again everybody,

HAZET 450/8 Rd - "Remscheid" bracket (1933-1988), for 8 type 450 wrenches
made of 2mm sheets and bent spring steel

This one is before 1965 because of little "a" at the back (the sticker at the front added by me) and
from the early 1950s because the use of pre-war "DRP" abbreviation for Deutsches Reichs Patent - since 1949 DBP was more usual for the successor Deutsches BundesPatent.
The underline in the logo with hooks pointing up at the front and back like an U was also more common until 1949 by HAZET.

Could attached by screws to a wall or car or at prepared old HAZET tool cabinets as my HAZET 100.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
indianpeaksjoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Just curious has anyone purchased any hazet tools from https://www.jensputzier.com/ in the US? I ordered some from Amazon via amazonuk and both were lost by DHL.

Cheers,
-Joe
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
A 450N after the late 1990s. Some people think all of Hazet's tools are made of gold and unicorns - not only this one Razz
The size is somehow rare and unusual - but who collects something so new?
Yes, the 10x12 size became uncommon after 1979 (the 10x11 and 12x13 sizes - or 10x13 became more common) and dropped from catalogs. Also not anymore part of VW sets past 1969 from Hazet. Even for the older 450 and before the 450N. But Hazet also builds tools for industry that are not listed in catalogs - not just for end customers. So not sure if it's rare... It can also be a rare misprint, for example if it is a 10x13 with a 10x12 inscription - but who cares?

I have an early No 450 from 1933-1938 with the inscription Navy (German: "Kriegsmarine", difficult to see with its normal black finish I removed for the photo) - random find, don't have any other militaria:

and some sets fitting to my hobby mechanic youth with W-Germany inscription from 1979-1990 (little "a" time was much longer Wink )

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
bwaz wrote:
Am I missing something here? Maybe there's something special about this large "A" wrench. $99? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2647329

I admit to not knowing what (or why) some tools cost a whole lot more but:

I don't see any difference from the other 100+ Hazet tools on here that seems insanely overpriced to me.

I would think its the same as when people think a 1972 Westfalia bus is the the same as a 1962 Westfalia bus - its a VW Bus, right? Wink Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
Am I missing something here? Maybe there's something special about this large "A" wrench. $99? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2647329

I admit to not knowing what (or why) some tools cost a whole lot more but:

I don't see any difference from the other 100+ Hazet tools on here that seems insanely overpriced to me.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:

No, you are good. He's missing something there. Wink Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: