Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

June Jitter Bug- Sunday June 22, 2008
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: June Jitter Bug- Sunday June 22, 2008 Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am surprised there isn't a post on this already, but lets start getting excited about the 2008 June Jitter Bug in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. This is definitely the LARGEST VW Show on the East side of Canada, and possibly in the North East part of North America.

Also, feel free to post your "shopping Lists" for parts you are looking for, or parts you have forsale and are not sure you want to cart around- Someone may be interested.

The show link is at John's Bug Shop's website at: http://www.johnsbugshop.com/jitterdetails2006.htm

Date: Cruise--> Saturday June 21, 2008 UPDATE: starting at 1:00 (NOT 5:00) meet at Fireman's Park (the park where the show is at on Sunday)
Show--> Sunday June 22, 2008 includes carshow, swap, entertainment etc. PLEASE BRING NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS, even though it is free admission.

More details just see the link above.

Please fee free to add your comments below, and more importantly lets start some shopping lists and get the swap in better shape than it has been in the last couple of years.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking i am going to bring a stash of stuff to clean out my garage:

I have the following forsale:

Late Type 4 engine parts- tin, brackets, heads, crank, cam, hardware, case
Type 1 engine parts- tin, brackets, heads, cranks, cams, hardware, cases (early 1500/1600)
1967 stock solid front beam
1967 1-year only parts- air cleaners, door handles, this and that (ask)
bunch more but will have to look to get a better idea

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR:

1967 convertible decklid
1967 1 year only parts
NOS parts
1965 fenders
rusted out beams for parts to make narrowed beams
135, 145 series tires
Michelin XZX tires
Front trunk liner for early beetles
NOS parts
Type 3 rear 5-bolt brakes
New KYB shocks for ball joint or early beetle rear
New disc brakes set-up for ball joint 5 bolt car (lanner we need to talk)
tools
VW magazines from the last 6 years- i gave up on buying them, but now want to continue my collection

and finally not necesarily at the show but i would love to move it:

1965 VW Beetle, sunroof southern car, PROJECT. Currently dissassembled, chassis has been cleaned, wired brushed, floor pans installed ready for final bead blast and powder coat<-- real nice. Body has been supported and rust repair about 1/2 done. Original heater channels are being replaced with heater channels out of a southern donor car, similarly the front and rear aprons, car is good candidate for repair and I have started to do it the right way, but at this time my heart is not in it, so i would sell it for what i have into it. Has a 1600 single port motor included, 3 trannies (including the sought after 1967 tranny), good pop-outs, all the sunroof components, new tires, new fenders all around, good hood and decklid, gas tank, seats etc etc. Most parts are there. Ask for more details. If someone is interested we can make arrangements to see it around the show time.
impulse byer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool i'll ad some

selling
Type 3 notch parts. rear pop outs, rear glass, trunk lid, hood.

I hope to be there with it. I don't need to sell it but i would like to.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=597119

or this one

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=563658

what ever sell fisrt.

Looking for money any amount if you don't want it i'll take it for free...yes i'm that nice.
John Spironello
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: June Jitter Bug Update Reply with quote

Let it be known that the venue for the Saturday Night Cruise has been changed. This year we are starting things a little earlier. We will be meeting at 1:00pm at Firemens Park for the start of the "Niagara River Run" a cruise through the wine region of Niagara on the Lake and the tourist areas of Niagara Falls. Its approx. a 2 1/2 hr cruise with stops along the way. We will end up at Canadian Tire on Mcleod Rd for the Cruise Night at around 4-5:00pm. Any more details can be found here http://www.johnsbugshop.com/jitterdetails2006.htm or phone John's Bug Shop at (905) 374-4323
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Michael11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to find:
- 68 Beetle tranny drum to drum
- 67 or older bus parts...Whatcha got?

For Sale:
- check my ads
- mk 1,2, 3 & 4 watercooled stuff
- other odds and ends..Just ask
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70 140
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael11 wrote:
Would like to find:

Are you going to straight axle that new bus of yours? Laughing
Michael11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 140 wrote:
Michael11 wrote:
Would like to find:

Are you going to straight axle that new bus of yours? Laughing

Ummm.. Maybe Laughing

I'm camping at Campark Friday night. Feel free to stop by for a beer.
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the show Sunday mornin. I usually camp at CamPark but wasn't planning on coming to the show this year so I didn't reserve a site. I missed out on Litchfield because my sister gave birth last weekend so I changed plans and decided to come to the Niagara Falls Show. I have copious amounts of Bay Window parts if anyone is looking for anything, and I also have some Split Window glass I could bring including 4 OG Windshields. I'm not loading up the Bus to vend because I really haven't a clue how it would work at the border, both going into and leaving Canada but if you have something in mind I could always throw it in the Bus. PM me if you need something, otherwise see you guys at the show. I'll be there in my Barndoor '79. Twisted Evil
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Michael11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VDubTech wrote:
I'll be at the show Sunday mornin. I usually camp at CamPark but wasn't planning on coming to the show this year so I didn't reserve a site. I missed out on Litchfield because my sister gave birth last weekend so I changed plans and decided to come to the Niagara Falls Show. I have copious amounts of Bay Window parts if anyone is looking for anything, and I also have some Split Window glass I could bring including 4 OG Windshields. I'm not loading up the Bus to vend because I really haven't a clue how it would work at the border, both going into and leaving Canada but if you have something in mind I could always throw it in the Bus. PM me if you need something, otherwise see you guys at the show. I'll be there in my Barndoor '79. Twisted Evil
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Brian,
If you come down earlier by any chance, I'd be happy to take that interior from you right away, seeing as I will be camping tonight with no camper interior...
Sad
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Best Show Reply with quote

Oh how I miss this show!!!

Next year I will be there (IMBUGN)

Darrell
flat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June Jitter Bug VW Show is coming up all! As usual, we like to travel in packs on the cruise down. Here's the plan:

Meet at Erin Mills Town Center (Montana's/Tim Hortons 2575 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga, ON, L5M7E1, NW corner of Erin Mills/Eglinton) at 7:30 am on Sunday April 27th. At the latest we leave there at 7:50 and then I suggest we cruise south on Erin mills down to Sheridan Mall (Tims in Parking lot, 2225 ERIN MILLS PKY, Mississauga, Ontario L5K 2R2, East side of Erin Mills). This way guys from the south/east side can meet us there. Here we will just pop in, grab any cars that are waiting and hit the QEW.

Please forward this to everyone so we can make this the biggest cruise yet. Last year we had 14 cars, I'm sure we can make two dozen.

See you all there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thebugnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: June Jitter Bug 2010 Reply with quote

Hi All

Anyone going down to the June Jitter Bug this Year? 2010?

I started a New 2010 Thread here...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=420302

I am trying to see if anyone wants to meet up on the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: