Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro in the womb...finally
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranchero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Syncro in the womb...finally Reply with quote

Just wanted to share a little of my joy with fellow vanagonuts. After a year in the works, I was able to pull my van into my almost dried in garage for some much-needed maintenance. Rather than rolling in the dirt as I did when I did my Subie swap (EJ25 in 30 days thread), I was able to change my VC in the relative comfort of a smooth, dry and cold garage floor.

It is 22'*30' and has 7'10" clearance at the door and 9-foot ceilings. About 7'*11' is a for a utility room (solar h20 tank, boiler, sink, etc.) but the rest is pure man-space.

It will be awhile til I have it finished inside like Alaric.H's awesome remodel, but it feels good to know it's there for shelter.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'90 Westy Syncro EJ25 (money pit #1)
'96 FZJ80 (cheap by comparison^^)
'13 Golf R. Daily driver.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Man space Reply with quote

Show off !!! I had my garage door opening reconfigured to accept my 2WD crewcab ,but there is no way my Syncro will fit .I am jealous ,very nice.

Stacy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jacob.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way those wood shingles look on your house. May I see a picture of the front of your house? Looks real good.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: